Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

POKEGYM'S ONLINE BATTLE ROYALE - ROUND 2 Matches

Rogue Archetype

Moderator <br> Contest Host
WELCOME TO ROUND 2 OF POKEGYM'S 2009 ONLINE TCG BATTLE ROYALE

PLAY YOUR GAMES AND POST YOUR RESULTS IN THIS THREAD:
(ROUND ENDS WEDNESDAY EVENING - 11 p.m. EST)

The Winner of this competition will earn the title of:
POKEGYM ONLINE BATTLE CHAMPION 2009

Games that are not reported by 11:00 p.m. EST WEDNESDAY Dec. 30, 2009 will result in Game Losses
(if you've sent a PM to your opponent and Rogue Archetype and your opponent does not respond, you win the round )

WINNERS WILL BE UPDATED IN BOLD PRINT

(This tournament is being managed by official "TOM" software - (Tournament Operation Management software) )

1 burmy . (1/0) vs. TheDoctor . (1/0)
2 legotack . (1/0) vs. luca . (1/0)
3 Astewart . (1/0) vs. Rayquaza8558 . (1/0)
4 Austino . (1/0) vs. Chompy . (1/0)
5 ColoradoSunrise . (1/0) vs. nnaann . (1/0)
6 Ghetto Overlord . (1/0) vs. Time For Pain Team Hatter (1/0)
7 Garch . (1/0) vs. Magnechu Team X-Files (1/0)
8 Brawler1624 Team Hurricane (1/0) vs. Ultima . (1/0)
9 colts8729 TeamDUW (1/0) vs. Volt . (1/0)
10 ARMondak . (1/0) vs. The Supes USSPCR (1/0)
11 The_A_Team . (1/0) vs. Varna HeyTrainer (1/0)
12 cromecatz . (1/0) vs. Donezator . (1/0)
13 Meesie666666 . (1/0) vs. tehmoe . (1/0)
14 Rogue Archetype . (1/0) vs. Rokman HeyTrainer (1/0)
15 Bullados Fighting Illini (1/0) vs. Gashmoigidy HeyTrainer (1/0)
16 Chanman Team Utopia (1/0) vs. Victory Bell . (1/0)

NO BYEs. No NO-Shows!
Everybody will have to EARN it this time around!

LET'S GET IT!

SINGLE ELIMINATION

YOU LOSE. YOU'RE OUT!

BEST 2 of 3 Games in EACH ROUND
(this means you would, possibly, play your opponent three times)

POST YOUR RESULTS IN THIS THREAD!

We need to know who won each game:

Please Post your results like this:

TABLE 14
ROUND 1: Nigel vs. Victory

Game 1 - Nigel wins
Game 2 - Victory wins
Game 3 - Nigel Wins

MATCH = Nigel

Games that are not reported by 10:00 p.m. EST Monday Dec. 28, 2009 will result in a Double Game Loss

You May Play Your Opponent on any Hamachi Network you wish.
If you're not a member of one, here's a couple of "OFFICIAL" Networks so you won't have trouble finding each other.

PROGRAMS TO USE FOR YOUR BATTLES: REDSHARK vs. APPRENTICE

You may use either one of these programs for your matches.
If you and your opponent can't agree, then the default is REDSHARK.

Pros and Cons:

Apprentice -

Pro - It's ironclad and does NOT crash. Most of the players that have been in the game for a long time are die-hard apprentice users. So, your better competitors prefer this program.
One thing that is very convienient about this program is it's use of keyboard combinations ("hotkeys") that allow you to perform certain tasks without the use of your mouse. It's like Wordperfect era technology in that aspect ... If you're familiar with those hotkeys from using Apprentice all of the time, you'll hate not having them in RedShark.
Con - It's so NOT automated. Redshark users will be downright annoyed at this program because it is created for an entirely different game: Magic the Gathering. You will have a learning curve to overcome as you discover which magic terminology applies to what you need to do (i.e. Library = deck, dump = discard)

Redshark

Pro - It was created to one thing: Play Pokemon TCG. The Deckbuilder is SICK in comparison with Apprentice. The filters are super fast seperate the library by trainer, pokemon, and energy for quick and easy searching. The actual gameplay is facilitated by automated functions such as card attachments, double click attack and power announcments, single click multi card pulls to name a few. The right click option is all pokemon terminology and has many useful options. Ease of use and practicality of this program buries Apprentice.

Cons - It's SO SO annoying when the program glitches. About 1 in every 5 games, you or your opponent may have your game interrupted with a computer glitch where you can't see your opponents cards or your cards go haywire and you have to restart RedShark and play a brand new game.

Old players get VERY vocal about the Apprentice vs. RedShark debate. They LOVE their Hotkeys that allow them to do things faster.
New Players love to Right-Click and select things in RedShark.
Well, the choice is yours. But, I've played both and those are my comparisons.

HAMACHI NETWORKS:

POKEGYM BATTLE ROYALE 1
PW - PBR

POKEGYM BATTLE ROYALE 2
PW - PBR

POKEGYM BATTLE ROYALE 3
PW - PBR

Remember: You can create your OWN network and invite your opponent to join it for the purpose of you match!
This is the link to our "FIND YOUR OPPONENT" thread: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1595496&posted=1#post1595496

RULES ABOUT COMPUTER CRASHES:

RedShark has issues glitching every now and then.
Hamachi, sometimes, loses connection.

That's not your fault. However, we DO need to make some simple rules to keep things fair.

If someone is losing the game and their computer "glitches," "crashes," or "loses connection," and the game is no longer playable, you can follow these guidelines:

Caution: Do not "glitch" whenever you're losing a match. That would be behavior that is suspicious and is not aligned with the Spirit Of the Game. Such behaviors could lead to exclusion from future tournaments. (conceding your matches are still O.K. however).

RULES:

If NO prizes were taken before the glitch:

1. Simply restart RedShark, reconnect to each other, and start a new game.
2. If the same person glitches again, restart and give that player a prize card penalty.
3. If ONE prize was already taken, restart and allow the player to draw his prize and continue your new game.

If less 2 - 3 prizes have been taken:

1. Restart a new match and pick up the number of prizes that were won before your game got glitched out.
2. Exception, if the match has already gone 30 mins and less than 3 prizes were draw

If the game has gone over 40 mins before the glitch:

1. Treat it as if "TIME" was called and count your prizes.
2. Remember, we're not giving you a time limit for these matches, but if a computer glitch cuts your game short after 40 mins, determine a winner and move on to the next game (you're playing 2 out of 3 after all).

REMEMBER: Spirit of the Game is the best determining factor of "what to do" So, if YOU'RE cool with a compromise and your Opponent is cool with a compromise, then THAT'S what you do!
---- example:
Your opponent was ahead on prizes and his computer froze. You tell him "I was really behind there, but I had a shot of getting back in it, can we restart and you just draw your 3 prizes at the beginning?" If you're cool with that, and HE's cool with that, then rock on!

If anyone has some input for the "CRASH RULES," please offer them. For the most part, you should be able to get through your games regardless of which program you use.

Have fun.

Last edited:
So if I send me PM's to my opponent AND you, and we end up not playing, I wont get a game lose? Just making sure cause im going to try and find my opponent

So if I send me PM's to my opponent AND you, and we end up not playing, I wont get a game lose? Just making sure cause im going to try and find my opponent

That's right.

If you cc: communications to me and you never get a response, your opponent loses if that match never takes place.

2 legotack . (1/0) vs. luca . (1/0)

Game 1: Luca wins

Game 2: Luca wins

Match: Winner is Luca

Thanks for the games, Legotack

Confirming that luca beat me.

Table 2

Game 1: luca
Game 2: luca

Match: luca

Time for more playtesting!

Edit: Am I out or is this Swiss?

Edit 2: Why did it say Vote Now instead of Save when I was editing? It's fixed now, but I'm still curious.

Way to get it done fellas!

Chromecatz and Luca are tryin' to BEAST THIS THING...

that's like.. .two sweep in a row for you guys?

Game 1: I won pretty easily
Game 2: Bullados won and it was pretty close
Game 3: Craziest game ever, so close. I won on a target attack

Winner: Gashmoigidy

Me vs. Gash

Game 1: I get nothing aside from a T1 SF Tort. No energy, no Claydol, no luck.

Game 2: EPIC comeback. I'm down by 3 prizes when I finally get my Belted Tort active, quickly find a Nidoqueen to keep him alive, and just sweep from there.

Game 3: EPIC topdecking. I get my two different Belted Torts and a Queen relatively quickly, and manage to take 5 prizes, abusing the LvX Power like crazy. I think I took 2 prizes in a turn in this game (though I can't remember exactly). Gets down to 3 prizes to 1, and I've got an active, undamaged Tort LvX with a Queen benched, and I know that he can Houndoom me for 160 as I saw the Belt in game 1 and he's got an Oracle in play. Didn't expect him to double Turn a Bat on me with no real third attacker (I've got a GE Scep fully powered, but no SF to pull the energy around and he'll OHKO me next turn). I Candy up an SF Tort, pulling him Active to try and stall for a turn or 2. He Gains a Krow and pops my benched Tomb FTW, never saw THAT one coming!

Great last two games, that first one was terrible...

Table 3: Rayquazza8558 vs. Astewart

Game 1: Rayquazza8558 wins
Game 2: Astewart wins
Game 3: Rayquaza8558 wins

Match: Rayquaza 8558

Great match Astewart

ahh

i lost

Game 1: i get an Azelf and Karp prized, he played 2 Mr.mime which slowed me down, and he would hit me with Lucario GL/w Bat drop and Trash Bolt.

Game 2: I get everythnig going we went down to 1-1 prizes after i pumped up 2 Gyrados with 3 energy each, and i won off a cyclone energy

Game 3: he gets the 2 Mime lock on me and i had 2 Karp prized, 3 Cyclone and a fighting. So mankey couldent do anything, i was low on energy so i couldent KO Mime. and i could only hit 30. i Zelfed for karp and got a 60+20 with ebelt and he would just leave Mime active so i couldent hit, i enentually piled 3 energy on gyrados and KO'd his mime, i finally get the 3rd karp, and i start sweeping, its down to 2-1 in prizes for him and he had a Gachomp C benced with an energy, i knew he had Sp radar and an energy so it was based off luck that he wouldent get the e-Gain. i calculated the chances he would have it and it came out to 74.981 or something like that. So i Ko'd his active uxie leaving it a 1-1 game. he drops Cyrus. e gain, Sp radar, Gachomp C LVX energy KO. I would have had the win the next turn due to Cyclone energy.

Good Games Quaza

Aw, I didn't know yoyo was waiting for me last night - I was around, but I don't ever take my away message down on AIM. It's ALWAYS there. If he's around still I'd like to give him my spot if possible (I'm in GA anyways), but if not, I'll get moving on this next match.

first, WHAT ARE THE ODDS?
second, i know this guy in real life, is it cool if i play the game in person and not on redshark?

uh..... no.

It's on "ONLINE BATTLE ROYALE" Nate... :rolleyes:

Rules say you need to use RedShark or Apprentice

Aw, I didn't know yoyo was waiting for me last night - I was around, but I don't ever take my away message down on AIM. It's ALWAYS there. If he's around still I'd like to give him my spot if possible (I'm in GA anyways), but if not, I'll get moving on this next match.

TOM software already has you in round 2. You can concede your Round 2 match to your new opponent or play to win. i can't go back to round 1 at all.

Magnechu was supposed to be playing me now, but I've been waiting over an hour... Oh well, at least we've got tommorow left.

ok mr nnaann i stayed up late bu you no get on yet! ill be ready in about 9 hours from when this is posted.check yur inbox! hope to see you online soon and good luck!

Back