Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon Adventures: Diamond & Pearl

matt0044

Hey, there! I'm Matt and new to this site. Please enjoy this fanfic that I've written. Thank you.
--------
Pokemon Adventures: Diamond & Pearl by matt0044.

Featuring characters from Sagwa, the Chinese Siamese Cat, Arthur, Inspector Gadget, SGT Frog, Lucky Star and Haruhi Suzumiya.

Based on the video games Pokemon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.

Original Concept by Satoshi Tajiri.

With extra thanks to Bulbapedia, the Pokemon Wikipedia.

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokemon (Pocket Monsters) or the Characters used in this series (except for Original Characters).

Pocket Monsters, or rather Pokemon for short. These are the magical creatures that exist in this universe. There are many types of Pokemon. Grass, Water, Fire, Electric, Rock and more.

But how many kinds of Pokemon are there? 100? 200? 300? Perhaps 400? The answer is never clear as many Pokemon are discovered each year.

Children at the age of ten set out into the world with their own Pokemon and become Pokemon Trainers. Though their journeys, they capture other Pokemon in containment units known as Pokeballs and pit them against other Pokemon and their trainer to see who will win. This is what is known as a Pokemon Battle. With each battle, the Pokemon and its trainer become more and more stronger.

Some Pokemon have been known to possess great abilities beyond that of an average Pokemon. Pokemon that are true legends. And now our story begins.

Chapter 1: New Beginnings Part 1.

In the small town of Twinleaf in the Sinnoh Region, there lived a young Chinese, Siamese cat named Sagwa Miao. Everyday, she dreamed of setting out into the world and meeting all kinds of Pokemon. After becoming ten years old, her dreams can now come true. Her adventure began on an Saturday morning.

"Sagwa! Are you up there? It's time to wake up!" Sagwa's mother, Shao Fung Miao, called to her daughter from the bottom of the stairs. "How typical. She stays up late watching TV and oversleeps on the most important day of her life. It never fails to amaze me how she got accepted by the Professor to become a Pokemon Trainer."

Upstairs in a room full of toys, books and Pokemon plush dolls, Sagwa Miao was still sleeping in her bed. She wore a red and yellow collar that had a small pocket and had the Siamese markings on her tail, paws and face. She was dreaming of winning a Pokemon battle when she slowly awoke. She then got up to yawn and stretch her body when she turned her head to see the time on her Starly clock. The time was 9:26.

"Oh no! I'm going to be late!" exclaimed Sagwa. She stumbled out of the bed and fell face first onto the floor. "Ow! That's going to leave a mark," she said, rubbing her nose. Quickly, the young cat got her yellow backpack for supplies and headed down the stairs on her hind legs. She entered the kitchen where her mother was drinking coffee.

"Good morning, Mama," Sagwa said to her mother.

"So you finally woke up," said Mama. "Aren't you going to have breakfast?"

"No time," said Sagwa as she ate a pear and headed to the door. "I have to get to Route 201 to meet up with Arthur. No need to worry. We'll eat once we get to Sandgem Town."

"Well, I hope you have fun on the way there," said Mama. "It's sad. Your brother is working with Professor Richard, your sister is traveling Sinnoh at an early age for a trainer and your father is a Gym Leader in the Hoenn Region. It's going to be so lonely without you."

"I thought you'd be thrilled that you won't have to wake me up everyday for school," joked Sagwa.

"But still, I'm glad that you're living your dream of being a Pokemon Trainer," said Mama. "Good luck, Sagwa. And tell me all about your adventures when you return here."

"I will, Mama!" said Sagwa as she left the house, closing the door behind her.

Mama Miao sighed sadly. "They grow up so fast."

Sagwa ran through town, saying hello to her neighbors along the way, until she reached the city limits that lead to Route 201 where her best friend, Arthur Read, was waiting for her. Arthur was a ten year old boy who wore glasses, a yellow shirt, blue jeans and red sneakers. He was also impatient.

"You're late!" said a mad Arthur. "I've been waiting for nearly 30 minutes! I ought to fine you for a million bucks!"

"Sorry, Arthur," said Sagwa. "I was oversleeping again. You know how I usually am on Saturdays."

"Yeah, whatever," sighed Arthur. "We need to get to Professor Richard's lab by ten before all three Pokemon are gone."

"Don't remind me," said Sagwa. "I already know."

"And since you're late, I'll lead the way to Sandgem Town," said Arthur.

"Do you even know which way it is?" Sagwa asked dubiously.

"Of course, I do," said Arthur. "Just follow me."

Five minutes after leaving Twinleaf Town, Sagwa and Arthur were on Route 201. There were trees on each side of the road that loomed over the two as they headed west.

"So Sagwa, which Pokemon are you going to pick as your starter?" asked Arthur who was right beside Sagwa. "I'm choosing Turtwig. Grass types have always been my favorite type of Pokemon."

"You can keep Turtwig," said Sagwa. "That cute little Piplup is mine. We'd both make an excellent pair. By the way, Arthur, is this really the way to Sandgem Town?"

"Sure, it is," said Arthur. "My sense of direction has never failed me before."

"Like on the first day of school?" Sagwa teased.

"How was I to know that class never took place on the roof?" asked Arthur, angrily. "You were there too."

"Hey! I just got lost!" replied Sagwa.

"HELP! Somebody, help us!" shouted two voices from the distance.

"Who said that?" asked Arthur.

"I don't know but they must be in danger," said Sagwa.

Sagwa ran down the road towards the source of the noise with Arthur following behind. They came to a bend where they saw a sign pointing to the right direction which read the following: Lake Verity this way."

"Lake Verity?" said a shocked Arthur. "So we were heading away from Sandgem Town, not towards it." Sagwa glared at him angrily. "Heh heh, my bad."

"Never mind that," said Sagwa. "Someone needs our help. Let's go." She rounded the bend and headed towards Lake Verity.

"Hey, wait for me!" shouted Arthur who was trying to catch up with her.

The two soon arrived at Lake Verity to see that a pair of Starly were attacking Professor Richard, the well known Pokemon researcher of the Sinnoh Region who wore an outfit that made him look like Indiana Jones, and Dongwa Miao, Sagwa's brother and the Professor's assistant. The two were trying to dodge the attacks from the Starly as best as they could.

"It's Professor Richard!" said Arthur in surprise.

"And Dongwa!" said Sagwa, surprised to see her brother. "What are you two doing here?"

"Sagwa! Arthur!" said Professor Richard in his English accent. "Help us! These Starly are out of control!"

"What can we do?" asked Arthur.

"Open the briefcase over there!" shouted Dongwa before a Starly tackled him. "Hurry!" he said in pain.

Sagwa and Arthur looked around for a briefcase and saw one only a few feet from them. They went over to it and Sagwa opened it to find three Pokeballs along with some papers.

"Hey, these are Pokeballs," said Arthur, taking one into his hand.

"Now I get it," said Sagwa, taking one into her paw. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking, Fu Fu?"

"You bet your tail, I am," said Arthur, smiling.

Sagwa and Arthur pressed the white button on their Pokeballs, making it grow from the size of a ping pong ball to the size of a baseball, and turned to face the Starly attacking Professor Richard and Dongwa. Sagwa stood on her hind legs.

"Go, Pokeball!" shouted Sagwa and Arthur as they threw their Pokeballs into the air. Both Pokeballs opened up in half and released a burst of white energy that formed into a Pokemon. Sagwa's Pokeball released a blue and white penguin chick Pokemon named Piplup while Arthur's Pokeball released a green and brown turtle named Turtwig. Both Pokemon looked around at their new surrounding.

"Yes!" said Sagwa. "I got the one I wanted!"

"Hey, Starly!" shouted Arthur as loud as he could. "Quit bullying our friends and fight us!"

The two Starly heard Arthur's challenge and stopped attacked Dongwa and Professor Richard to go after their new opponents.

"Now what attacks does Piplup know?" said Sagwa as she thought hard. "That's right! Piplup, use Pound!"

Piplup ran towards the incoming Starly and delivered a powerful punch to the bird Pokemon. Starly counterattacked by striking Piplup with its beck.

"What a Peck attack!" said Sagwa. "Piplup, use Growl!"

Piplup breathed in and let out a great, big roar that gave the Starly a headache.

"Now finish this battle with Bubblebeam!" ordered Sagwa.

Piplup fired a series of bubbles from its mouth and each one hit Starly, defeating it.

"Great job, Piplup!" cheered Sagwa. "That's marks our first victory!"

"Piplup Pip," (Nothing to it.) said Piplup, pridefully.

"Awesome work, Sagwa," said Arthur, haven taken care of the second Starly with Turtwig. "Though I think Turtwig and I were a little bit better."

"In your dreams," said Sagwa, rolling her eyes.

"Thanks for saving our bacon, guys," said Dongwa, running up to Sagwa and Arthur. "Don't worry about us. We'll be fine."

"You two weren't bad for a couple of inexperienced trainers," said Professor Richard, walking up to Sagwa, Dongwa and Arthur. "You were excellent, in fact."

"Thank you, Professor," said Sagwa. "And it's nice to see you again."

"It's a pleasure to see you again, Sagwa Miao," said the Professor.

"If I may ask, Professor, what are you and Dongwa doing here at Lake Verity?" Arthur asked.

"Because of the legend," responded the Professor.

"Legend?" Sagwa said in confusion.

"There's a legend that one of the three Mirage Pokemon of Sinnoh resides in this very lake," answered Dongwa. "We decided to start investigating before you got to the lab and brought the Pokeballs with us to make sure no one stole them."

"Mirage Pokemon?" a confused Arthur said.

"That's correct," said Professor Richard with his arms cross. "This lake is said to be the resting place of Mesprit, the Being of Emotion. It's one of the three Pokemon that are said to be watching over the Sinnoh region itself."

"Wow!" said Sagwa, wide-eyed in amazement. "I'd sure like to see a Pokemon like that. Maybe even capture it."

"Maybe you will," said Professor Richard.

"So Professor," said Sagwa. "Can you help us get to the lab? Arthur's lousy sense of direction got us here."

"Of course," said Dongwa. "There's a way through the forest from here to the lab. We'll be there in no time."

"Once we're there, I'll give you a special gift for helping us," said the Professor.

"What is it?" asked Arthur.

"You'll have to wait and see," said Dongwa. "But believe me, it's great."

With the matter settled, Sagwa, Arthur, Dongwa, Professor Richard and their Pokemon headed into the forest when something from the lake caught Sagwa and Piplup's attention. They both stopped and looked behind them at the misty Lake Verity. There was nothing to see there but something was there and Sagwa and Piplup could sense it.

"Who's there?" Sagwa asked but nobody answered. Just then, she felt a small jolt in her brain as if something connected with it. "Ow!" she groaned as she clutched her head.

"Hey, Sagwa! Hurry up!" shouted Dongwa. "Pick up the pace or we'll leave you behind!"

"Oh," said Sagwa. "I'm coming! Come along, Piplup."

Sagwa and Piplup ran to catch up with Dongwa, Arthur and the Professor. But the mysterious being at the lake kept her thinking. What was it and what was the pain that she felt? Little did she know that the answer would surprise her.

To Be Continued...

Next Time: New Beginnings Part 2.
--------
Please reply to this topic if you enjoyed this chapter and wish to see more. Also please feel free to express your opinions on my fanfic. Thank you.

---------- Post added 06/21/2010 at 07:16 PM ----------

Chapter 2: New Beginnings Part 2.

After the Starly incident at Lake Verity, Sagwa, Piplup, Arthur, Turtwig, and Dongwa are walking through the forest as Professor Richard leads them towards his laboratory in Sandgem Town. It was a pleasant day but Sagwa was feeling very pleasant in her stomach.

"Are we there yet, guys?" Sagwa managed to groan. "I'm so hungry."

"Not yet, Sagwa," said Professor Richard. "We're close though."

"Didn't you eat breakfast this morning?" asked Arthur.

"Just a stupid pear," said Sagwa. "Not to mention, I forgot to pack food and water for my journey."

"You forgot to pack the essential supplies for a journey?" asked Dongwa in disbelief. "Come on, Sagwa. You can't expect to find a Pokemon Center when you need one the most."

"Oh, get off my case, Dongwa!" snapped Sagwa. "I just forgot."

"Piplup, Piplup Piplup?" (Master, are you okay?) asked Piplup.

"No need to worry, Piplup," said Sagwa. "I'm just hungry." She heard Piplup's stomach growl as well. "I guess you haven't eaten as well," she said, smiling.

Piplup blushed slightly in embarrassment.

"Say, Professor," Arthur said to Professor Richard. "Can you tell us what our gift is?"

"I wanted to wait until we reached the lab but I may as well tell you about it now," said the Professor. "It's the latest model of the Pokedex, a mini-computer that can tell you anything about any Pokemon you may encounter in Sinnoh."

"Sounds great," said Sagwa. "I can't wait to get one."

"You won't have to," said Dongwa. "We're already here."

The four and their Pokemon exited the forest into an open field where they saw a building up ahead. It had a windmill to supply electricity for it. It was Professor Richard's laboratory which was north of Sandgem Town.

"Oh, thank goodness," sighed Sagwa. "I thought that we'd never get out of that forest."

"Piplup," (Me too.) sighed Piplup.

"We were walking for only fifteen minutes," said Dongwa.

Professor Richard lead Sagwa, Dongwa and Arthur to the front door of the laboratory where they entered the place. The lab assistants, Tim and Lyra, were quick to greet them all.

"Ah, Professor!" said Tim. "You're back early."

"That's because my lake investigation was cut short by two Starly and the two new trainers," answered the Professor. "No matter. Dongwa and I will return to the lake once Sagwa, Arthur and the third trainer are set for their journey. By the way, has the third trainer arrived?"

"I just did," said a voice from behind Sagwa, Dongwa and Arthur. Everyone turned around to see a 13 year old male wearing a black long-sleeve shirt and blue jeans while carrying a backpack for supplies. He also had short black hair and a serious look on his face. He was a few inches shorter than Arthur.

"Ah! You must be Lan Windy," said Professor Richard.

"And you must be Professor Richard," said Lan Windy. "I've come for my Pokemon."

"I only have one left and that's Chimchar," said Professor Richard as he took out the third and last Pokeball.

"Whatever," said Lan, taking the Pokeball. "I'll take it." He turned his head to his lower right to look at Sagwa and Arthur. "Are you the other trainers?"

"Yeah," said Sagwa. "I'm Sagwa Miao from Twinleaf Town."

"And I'm Arthur Read from Twinleaf town also," Arthur introduced himself.

"I'm Lan Windy from Veilstone City," said Lan.

"Isn't that on the east side of Mount Coronet?" asked Sagwa, refering to Sinnoh's largest mountain.

"It is," answered Lan. "But I came here by myself to get my first Pokemon in person rather than getting it through mail. You're lucky to live close by here."

"Now then, Sagwa, Arthur, Lan," said the Professor. "I would like your attention please. Before you leave on your seperate journeys, you should receive your Pokedexes and Pokeballs. Tim, Lyra!"

"Yes, Professor," said Tim and Lyra. They got out three metal trays and handed one to Sagwa, Arthur and Lan. Sagwa took a red HANDY910is Pokedex and five empty Pokeballs from her tray, Arthur took an orange HANDY910is Pokedex and five empty Pokeballs from his tray and Lan took a black HANDY910is Pokedex and five empty Pokeballs from his tray.

"That device you now possess is called a Pokedex," said Professor Richard. "When you encounter a Pokemon that you don't know about, look it up in the Pokedex for information. You can also scan a Pokeball containing your newly caught Pokemon to learn what attacks it knows. Speaking of which, to catch a Pokemon you must battle it until it can no longer battle and throw the Pokeball at it. In its weakened state, it will be easily contained and controlled. And remember this: respect your Pokemon and they will respect you."

"Thanks, Professor," said Sagwa, putting her Pokeballs her backpack and her Pokedex in her collar pocket. She turned to Arthur. "So Arthur, how about a little battle before we split?"

"I thought you'd never ask," said Arthur. "Just don't cry when I win."

Lan said nothing as he packed up. He was, however, interested in seeing Sagwa and Arthur's battle to learn how good they were.

Outside of the lab (after a quick snack), Sagwa and Arthur were on the open field 10 feet apart from each other. On the sidelines, Dongwa, Professor Richard and Lan Windy were sitting on the grass to observe the battle.

"On the count of three, the battle will begin," said Arthur, taking out a Pokeball. "One-"

"Two-" continued Sagwa, also taking out a Pokeball.

"Three!" they both shouted.

"Piplup, I choose you!" shouted Sagwa as she threw the Pokeball into the air.

"Turtwig, come on out!" shouted Arthur as he threw the Pokeball into the air.

Both Pokeballs released a burst of energy that formed into Piplup and Turtwig. Piplup stood in front of Sagwa and Turtwig stood in front of Arthur. Professor Richard, Dongwa and Lan paid close attention to battle in progress.

Now let's see what they're made of, Lan thought to himself.

"Piplup, use Bubblebeam!" ordered Sagwa.

Piplup blasted big, shiny bubbles from its mouth toward Turtwig. The bubbles hit Turtwig's head as intended but Turtwig wasn't greatly affected by the attack.

"What the-?" Sagwa said before realizing her error. That's right. Water type attacks are weak against Grass type Pokemon. That means that I'm at a disadvantage.

"Turtwig, counter with Razor Leaf!" ordered Arthur.

Turtwig whipped it head around, sending sharp-edged leaves at Piplup. The leaves hit Piplup and the grass attack was highly effective on the water Pokemon.

"Piplup, use Peck attack!" ordered Sagwa

Piplup jumped into the air and dived down towards Turtwig to strike it with its beck. The flying attack did big damage to Turtwig.

"Tackle it, Turtwig!" ordered Arthur.

Turtwig quickly rammed it head into Piplup's gut, pushing the penguin Pokemon back.

"Pound it, Piplup!" ordered Sagwa.

Piplup delivered a powerful punch to Turtwig as payback for the tackle attack.

"Use Energy Ball, Turtwig!" ordered Arthur.

Turtwig gathered energy into a green ball and launched it at Piplup.

"Duck, Piplup!" shouted Sagwa.

Piplup ducked and avoided the Energy Ball by a hair.

"Now use Growl followed by another Peck attack!" ordered Sagwa.

Piplup ran towards Turtwig and struck the grass turtle Pokemon with its beck. Turtwig collapsed from low health, meaning that Sagwa and Piplup won the battle.

"Yeah!" cheered Sagwa. "We won, Piplup!"

"Piplup!" (Hooray!) cheered Piplup.

"Turtwig, return and rest," said Arthur. He held up Turtwig's Pokeball and a red beam from the Pokeball's white button was shot at Turtwig, converting it into energy. The Pokeball opened up to suck in the energy and store Turtwig. Arthur then put the Pokeball into his backpack. "Whew! For one at a disadvantage, you really mopped the floor with me, Sagwa."

"You weren't half bad yourself, Arthur," said Sagwa, putting Piplup back into its Pokeball. "I'd like to stay and chat but I have to get supplies for my journey."

Sagwa walked away toward Sandgem town for some shopping. As she walked away, Lan Windy watched her and thought to himself.

Not bad, Miao. Not bad at all. But when we face each other, it won't be an easy match for you. I can assure that, my rival.

To Be Continued...

Next Time: Piplup's Pride.

---------- Post added 06/21/2010 at 07:19 PM ----------

Chapter 3: Piplup's Pride.

On her journey throughout the Sinnoh Region, Sagwa Miao, a rookie Pokemon Trainer, travels on Route 202. Her destination is Jubilife city due north. The road she was on went through a big forest that was the home of many Pokemon. The afternoon sun was directly above Sagwa and the cat's stomach growled like a wild Ursaring.

"Looks like it's lunchtime," Sagwa said to herself. She stopped walking and sat down on the ground to take off her yellow bag and opened it up. "I hope Piplup is in the mood for food as well." She took out Piplup's Pokeball which was the size of a ping pong ball. Sagwa pressed the white button to make it grow to the size of a baseball. "Piplup, it's time to eat!"

The Pokeball opened up in half, releasing a burst of white energy into the air that formed into Piplup. Piplup landed on the ground near Sagwa and went over to his trainer.

"I hope you're hungry, Piplup," said Sagwa, happily, "because I have a treat for you." She took a can out from her yellow bag and took off the lid to take out a brown piece of Pokemon food. "Here you go. Try it out." She thrusted her arm out to Piplup with the food in her paw.

Instead of taking the Pokemon food and eating it, Piplup folded his arms, closed his eyes and turned his head away from the food.

(I don't want it.) Piplup said, pouting.

"Come on, Piplup," said Sagwa. "You'll like it. Just take a bite."

(Thanks, but no thanks.) said Piplup. His stomach growled loudly and scared off a bunch of Starly in a nearby tree.

"If you don't eat, then you won't have the energy to battle," said Sagwa.

Piplup stuck his tongue out at Sagwa and ran off into the forest to find fruit to settle his stomach.

"Hey, wait!" shouted Sagwa. "Don't go!"

But Piplup didn't listen and was soon deep in the forest.

"Jeez, what's with him?" groaned Sagwa. "It listens to me in battle yet it won't take food from me." She thought for a moment until she came to a solution. "Maybe the Pokedex knows." She took the Pokedex out from her collar pocket, unfolded it and brought up Pokemon File #007.

"Piplup, the Penguin Pokemon," said the Pokedex in a male computerized voice. "Because it is very proud, it hates accepting food from others. Its thick down guards it from cold."

"Oh, that's why," said Sagwa. She put the Pokedex back into her collar pocket. "I better go get him before he gets into trouble." She put her yellow bag back on and headed into the forest.

In the forest, Sagwa had been searching for Piplup for nearly ten minutes when she heard a loud cry.

"PIPLUP!" (Help me!)

"That must be Piplup!" said Sagwa.

Sagwa went in the direction of the voice and found Piplup stuck on a Ariados web. The web was so sticky that Piplup was unable to move at all.

"How the heck did you get up there, Piplup?" asked Sagwa.

(I'd rather not talk about it.) said Piplup. (Just save me before the Ariados eats me for lunch.)

"Alright, alright," said Sagwa. "Just calm down."

Sagwa begun to walk up to the web when a purple poison dart was shot at her. The Poison Sting attack missed Sagwa by a hair and the cat looked up to see the Ariados scuttle down from the top of the web. Sagwa took out her Pokedex to look up Ariados.

"Ariados, the Long Leg Pokemon," said the Pokedex. "Ariados's feet are tipped with tiny hooked claws that enable it to scuttle on ceilings and vertical walls. It constricts its foe with thin and strong silk webbing."

"Hey, Ariados!" shouted Sagwa. "Let my Pokemon go!"

Ariados ignored the cat and blasted more purple poison darts (Poison Sting) at Sagwa which were avoided thanks to the cat's reflexes. Ariados then scuttle across the nearby trees and came face to face with Sagwa.

I got it! thought Sagwa, getting an idea. "Hey, Ariados! Betcha can catch me!" she teased as she ran back towards the web with Ariados chasing her. She stopped in front of the web and turned her head to Piplup. "No need to worry, Piplup. I'll save you in a second."

Ariados blasted a Sludge Bomb at Sagwa who jump out of the way just in time. The attack hit the ground below the web, causing the ground to shake and the web to break. Piplup landed on the ground rather roughly.

"Come on, Piplup!" said Sagwa. "Let's get out of here!"

Sagwa and Piplup ran off into the forest and away from the Ariados, in hopes of losing the spider Pokemon.

After running in the forest for two minutes, Sagwa and Piplup stopped running to catch their breath.

"It's okay now," panted Sagwa. "I think we lost it."

(Thank goodness.) said Piplup. (Now I wish I lose this hunger.)

"So you're still hungry?" said Sagwa. She took a piece of Pokemon food out from her collar pocket. "I still have that Pokemon food from before. I won't give it to you so just take it for yourself."

Piplup thought for a moment whether or not he should take the food. He remembered how Sagwa risked her life for him even though he was being rude to her. Making his final decision, Piplup swallowed his pride and took the Pokemon food to eat. After swallowing it, he found it to be delicious.

(It's good!) Piplup said, happily. (Can I have more?)

"Great job, Piplup," said Sagwa. "You can have more but first, let's get back to the route."

Sagwa and Piplup begun to head for Route 202 so that they could head to Jublife City when they ran into the Ariados from minutes ago and its four friends.

"Well, how about that?" said Sagwa in a worried tone. "It was following us with its friends."

(Let's get outta here!) cried Piplup.

Sagwa and Piplup turned tail and ran away from the spider Pokemon. Just then, Sagwa tripped and fell to the ground. Her right hind leg was caught by Ariados's silky String Shot, making the cat trapped. Piplup stopped running and went back to his trainer.

"Piplup!" said Sagwa. "You have to run! They'll get you too!"

(But what about you?) asked Piplup.

"Forget about me!" said Sagwa. "Just run!"

The other four Ariados moved into attack position and begun blasting Sludge Bombs at Sagwa. The young cat thought she was done for and shut her eyes to brace herself for death but nothing happened. Sagwa opened her eyes to see Piplup taking all of the Sludge Bomb blasts as he glowed a white aura. When the Ariados stopped blasting, Piplup unleashed the energy by two fold at the Ariados, sending the spiders flying into the air. Piplup panted heavily and collapsed to the ground, having used most of it energy.

"Wow!" said Sagwa in bewilderment. "What a Bide attack! It really does return double the damage taken." She went over to Piplup and held his Pokeball up to him. "Return and rest, Piplup." The Pokeball shot a red beam from its white button to Piplup, changed him into red energy and put him back into the Pokeball. "Thank you so much." Sagwa put the Pokeball back into her yellow bag and headed back to Route 202 to continue towards Jubilife City. She and Piplup's recent adventure was only their first together. There were many more to come.

To Be Continued...

Next Time: Go, Pokeball!

---------- Post added 06/21/2010 at 07:21 PM ----------

Chapter 4: Go, Pokeball!

As the sun rose over the Sinnoh Region and turned night into morning, Sagwa Miao woke up from her sleep and got up from the base of a tree near Route 202. After yawning and stretching her body, she looked up to see a chirping Starly that was minding its own business on a tree branch.

"Oh, good morning," said Sagwa, cheerfully. She took out her Pokedex to see what kind of Pokemon Starly was. "Let's see. Which one are you?" She soon found the file on Starly. "There we go!"

"Starly, the Starling Pokemon," said the Pokedex in a computerized voice. "Because they are weak individually, they form groups with other Starly. It is barely noticeable when alone. Their singing is loud and annoying."

"I haven't been able to catch any Pokemon lately," Sagwa said to herself. "But not this time." She took out her Pokeball containing Piplup and pressed the white button, changing the Pokeball from ping-pong ball size to baseball size. "Alright, Piplup! Let's go!" She threw the Pokeball into the air and it opened up, releasing Piplup.

(I'm ready!) said Piplup, landing on the ground in front of Sagwa.

"Piplup, use Bubblebeam on that Starly!" ordered Sagwa.

Piplup blasted shiny, blue bubbles at Starly which flew off the branch, avoiding the attack. The Starly flew towards Piplup and tackled the penguin Pokemon.

"One more Bubblebeam!" ordered Sagwa.

Piplup blasted his shiny bubbles at Starly up in the air, directly hitting the bird Pokemon. Starly flew down to Piplup and struck its opponent with its wings.

"Now Pound it, Piplup!" ordered Sagwa.

Piplup ran towards Starly and delivered a punch to his opponent. Starly was very weak at this point and was ready for capturing.

"Go, Pokeball!" shouted Sagwa. She threw an empty Pokeball at the Starly and hit it. The Pokeball opened up in half and Starly changed into red energy that was sucked into the ball. The Pokeball snapped shut and Starly rocked around in it, trying to escape. Eventually, the Pokeball stopped rocking around and a loud "ping" noise signaled that Starly was now Sagwa's Pokemon. Sagwa ran over to get the Pokeball and held it up. "Yes! I got a Starly!"

(Alright!) cheered Piplup.

"Finally, I caught my first Pokemon and it's about time," said Sagwa. "And while I'm at it, I may as well catch another one. But which one?" She thought hard until she knew what she wanted. "That's it! I'll get a Buneary! And I've got just the Pokemon to search for it." She threw Starly's Pokeball into the air. "Come on out, Starly!" The Pokeball opened up in half to release Sagwa's Starly. Sagwa went over to her Pokemon to give out its orders. "Starly, I need you to fly into the air and find a Buneary in the forest."

(What's that?) asked Starly, not knowing what a Buneary was.

Sagwa took out her Pokedex and brought up Buneary's file. "It looks like this," she said as she showed the picture of Buneary on the Pokedex's top screen to Starly.

"Buneary, the Rabbit Pokemon," said the Pokedex in its computerized voice. "By quickly extending its rolled-up ears, it can launch a powerful attack against its enemies. When sensing danger, it extends both ears as an alert, and when cold, it curls up and goes to sleep."

"As a cute and tough Pokemon, it's a real must-have," said Sagwa, putting the Pokedex back into her collar pocket. "And be sure to lead up to it when you find a Buneary."

(You can count on me!) said Starly.

Starly flew into the air and soared over the forest. Eventually, he saw a Buneary in an open field of the forest. The Buneary used its ears to punch a nearby apple tree, causing an apple to fall down. As the Buneary ate its apple, it saw Starly in the air as it flew back to report to Sagwa.

"Have you found out, Starly?" asked Sagwa.

(Yes, I have!) said Starly. (Follow me!) He flew back to the open field as Sagwa and Piplup went into the forest to follow their friend.

Sagwa and Piplup arrived at the open field where Starly landed near the apple tree where the Buneary was. The only thing was that the Buneary was gone.

"Are you sure you saw a Buneary here?" Sagwa asked Starly.

(I'm positive) said Starly.

Piplup sighed as he leaned against the apple tree. An apple core fell from the tree onto Piplup's head and he looked up to see Buneary dropping down from a tree branch until it landed on him. Sagwa turned around to see Buneary sitting on Piplup as it giggled happily while Piplup struggled to get it off of him.

"Aww," squealed Sagwa. "How cute! You're both playing horsey."

(You call this playing?) said Piplup.

Buneary soon got off of Piplup and bounced three feet from Sagwa, Piplup and Starly. It bounced on its tippy toes in place as if it was waiting for Sagwa to do something.

"So it wants to battle, huh?" said Sagwa. "Fine by me. Let's get it, Piplup!"

(Okay!) said Piplup.

"Use Bubblebeam!" ordered Sagwa.

Piplup blasted shiny, blue bubbles from his mouth to Buneary who bounced up into the air before the bubbles could hit.

"Look out, Piplup!" warned Sagwa.

Buneary landed behind Piplup but the penguin Pokemon leaped away from it. Buneary pursued it opponent.

"Use Peck attack, Piplup!" ordered Sagwa.

Piplup tried to strike his opponent with his sharp beak but Buneary avoided the attack swiftly. Piplup and Buneary landed on opposite sides of the battlefield.

"Man, it's fast!" Sagwa said to herself. "All the better to catch it. Bubblebeam again, Piplup!"

Piplup blasted shiny blue bubbles from his mouth to Buneary who countered with Ice Beam. The attacks collided, creating an explosion in mid-air. Out from the smoke, Buneary leaped over to Piplup, attacking him with Dizzy Punch. Piplup swiftly avoided each punch from Buneary's ears.

"Come on, Piplup!" shouted Sagwa. "Finish this with Peck attack!"

Piplup delivered a powerful strike to Buneary, causing it to tumble backwards. Buneary was okay but hurt and low on energy, indicating to Sagwa that it was time to capture it.

"Now it's my turn!" said Sagwa, taking out an empty Pokeball. "Go, Pokeball!"

Sagwa threw the Pokeball at the sitting Buneary. The Pokeball hit its target, opened up in half, changed Buneary into red energy and snapped shut when the Pokemon had been sucked into it. It then dropped to the ground and the Buneary rocked around inside the ball, trying to escape. Sagwa watched hoping that it wouldn't get out.

"C'mon, C'mon!" muttered a tense Sagwa.

Finally, after 11 tries, the Pokeball stopped rocking and made a loud "ping" noise. Buneary was now Sagwa's Pokemon. Sagwa took the Pokeball into her paw and held it up high.

"I did it!" Sagwa shouted. "I caught Buneary!"

(We did it.) said Piplup, pridefully.

"Now let's meet the newcomer," said Sagwa. "Buneary, come out!" She held up the Pokeball as it released a burst of white energy into the air that formed into Buneary. Buneary dropped down to the ground and bounced to her new master, Sagwa. "Welcome to the team, Buneary."

(Thanks and nice battling.) said Buneary. (It's a pleasure to meet you all.)

"Now then, you all must be hungry," said Sagwa. "Let's get back to the route, eat breakfast and do some training, okay?"

(Yes, Sagwa!) said Piplup, Starly and Buneary together like little schoolchildren.

As Sagwa and her Pokemon headed back to Route 202, Lan Windy watched them from behind a tree. He had saw the whole battle against Buneary and was even more curious about Sagwa's power.

"Looks like I've found a worthy rival," said Lan as he smirked. "Let's hope she doesn't disappoint me."

To Be Continued...

Next Time: Lan Windy.

..................................................................................................

..................................................................................................

...I'm not sure what to make of this. Grammar-wise, I don't see any flaws. Story-wise, however... Ok, let's break this down.

So first you're copying the beginning of DP almost exactly, but branching off a short way in. I'm ok with that. However, what I'm not OK with is that you didn't make your own characters and just took them off of little kids shows. It just doesn't make sense, everything about it! How can a Cat, and Aardvark and a multitude of other creatures speak the same language, as well as the cat understanding Pokemon? There's a suspension of disbelief that comes with all fantasy/sci-fi writing, but this is too much.

Also, you're way to fond of using "said X", "ordered X", "snapped X", etc. You don't always have to put who's talking, especially in a dialogue between two characters. And try too keep it fresh, change the word order, don't use the same words over and over (although synonyms are fine as long as the word means what the use is intended for), stuff like that keeps a reader interested.

Two more things.

One. You have absolutely NO detail of where they are at the present time. If you say forest, there are so many kinds of forests that you mean. Is it a Pine forest or a Kelp forest? You may envision exactly what you want, but you have to describe it to use.

Two. Cat+Birds=Cat with a full stomach (Starly and Piplup)

Keep going with this if you like, but if you can't make it better, you may want to just scrap it.

Back