Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

pokemon card video game

zarlock

Are they ever going to make like a ds game or something like that with the new cards. I think i would be cool becuase the first one owned all :biggrin: :biggrin:

i dont think the 2nd one did very well and thats why they havent done any more (2nd one had base-Rocket+vending+a couple cards from gym).

maybe, i dunno. I really liked the 2nd one, but never finished it (a LOT longer than the first one)

Burninating_Torchic said:
the second one was japanese only, though.
and thats why i never finished it :thumb:

had some weird deck challenges late in the game that I couldnt figure out because i couldnt read it (at the time)

I dont think they could make a new game now... new sets just come out too fast

Last edited:
They would have to make it a PC game and put it online, and patch every time a set came out. That would mean making sure all the cards worked right with each other too every time a set came out. In theory it would work but it would have to at least have a monthly fee, or do what Magic online does with buying "virtual" booster packs. dunno if they'll ever do something like that, and i dont know if it would ever catch on when you can play on apprentice for free. :p most likely nothing will come out any time soon

Hands down, the "second" release for the GBC (japan only) ROCKED!!
and that second world they added was pretty cool!! and you faced 2
versions of Imakuni in this one!! LOL almost completed the collection
but found out you had to MYSTERY POP to get them!!! boooooo, LOL

I had help from an AWESOME friend that I met at the WCSTS san diego...
let's just say, she works for the POKEMON CO. :wink: and she helped me
out BIG TIME!! Thank you Junko!!

laters

~Breeder

Rulemaster said:
They would have to make it a PC game and put it online, and patch every time a set came out. That would mean making sure all the cards worked right with each other too every time a set came out. In theory it would work but it would have to at least have a monthly fee, or do what Magic online does with buying "virtual" booster packs. dunno if they'll ever do something like that, and i dont know if it would ever catch on when you can play on apprentice for free. :p most likely nothing will come out any time soon
Nah, they wouldn't want all of the money. Not to mention, what about erratas? Don't even get me started....

Couldn't they make it WiFi like for the DS? They can download tickets for pokemon, couldn't they download the new sets for a TCG Game? Just an idea, but I'm sure I'm missing something from it...

Metal Master said:
Nah, they wouldn't want all of the money. Not to mention, what about erratas? Don't even get me started....

Couldn't they make it WiFi like for the DS? They can download tickets for pokemon, couldn't they download the new sets for a TCG Game? Just an idea, but I'm sure I'm missing something from it...
that could work. but they would need a good amount of storage to hold the card data.

hmm... perhaps the main game as a DS game and a GBA slot attachment storage unit? that could work pretty well

Last edited:
Hey yeah, the base game could be a DS card, but whenever they want to add an expansion they could sell it in the form of a GBA cartridge. Then you just plug and dl or something and you have new cards to win and unlock. Or something.

And since there are so many out of print sets, at worse they could just make a game featuring some random selection of sets and use those in the game. Or could Nintendo even touch the sets from Wizards? Anyway, a big mash up of old sets is better than a constant flavor-of-the-week-a-la-YGO set up.

Last edited:
I think it would be fun to make another Pokemon TCG for a Nintendo system. Some things I would like to see:

*Have more of an adventure with battles being card games. I realize it might be tough to do, but I suppose that the first game did a fair job of it.

*Have more opponents in the game.

*Have a variety of sets, and more boosters that appear later on.

*Earn money after winning battles that you can exchange for boosters and single cards, a la the Pokemon RPGs awarding you money after victories that you can use for Poke Balls, items, and whatnot.

*Have more tournaments.

*Have opponents start out with basic decks that gradually improve.

*Ah, that's it! The Elite Four/Grandmasters could be the final four of the previous year's Worlds or something like that!

Noah121 said:
*Ah, that's it! The Elite Four/Grandmasters could be the final four of the previous year's Worlds or something like that!
XD rofl!!! God imagine Jermy as a video game character. HAH no way Ross!!! Anyways they could make the same names. That would be cool.

btw a video game Stuart would just be plain scary. Not as bad as irl though! :wink:

Noah121 said:
I think it would be fun to make another Pokemon TCG for a Nintendo system. Some things I would like to see:

*Have more of an adventure with battles being card games. I realize it might be tough to do, but I suppose that the first game did a fair job of it.

*Have more opponents in the game.

*Have a variety of sets, and more boosters that appear later on.

*Earn money after winning battles that you can exchange for boosters and single cards, a la the Pokemon RPGs awarding you money after victories that you can use for Poke Balls, items, and whatnot.

*Have more tournaments.

*Have opponents start out with basic decks that gradually improve.

*Have another appearance by Imakuni?. How could we not have him in the game? =P

Back