Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon Countdown Calendar

sdrawkcab

Forum Moderator
I've recently acquired a sealed mint condition pokemon countdown calendar, and really have little knowledge about the product.

All I know is that there were available for a limited time at Toys R Us back in 2008.

I might consider selling it in the future, how much have then gone for historically / what would be the best way to sell it?

Thanks.

Ooh congratulations on the gold mine!
I suggest you hold onto it for a while... DONT OPEN IT!!!

I believe smpratte recently sold one for a few hundred, I could be completely wrong...
Yeah for $400-500, or you can piece out each MINT card at $25 each, but those would be harder to sell...

CONGRATULATIONS!
:thumb:

I disagree PokemonTrader.

The box sells for $200 sealed, but it is a slow sale. The individual cards sell for $5-$25. You can put them up at $25 on Ebay, but again, real slow sale. I'd say $10-$15 ($15 for cards like Pikachu) would be more reasonable to expect.

The thing with the Snowflake cards is they are rare, but not a lot of people know about them, so it's a limited market, which drives the price down.

Oh, I thought you were saying he could sell his for that price :p

Yeah, I'm not arguing with what Scott sold his for - I could see him getting $400-$500. But that is a very unreasonable expectation now. $200 is what should be expected.

Umm I'm not sure if Scott sold his on Ebay or not, but he sold it earlier this year (before July) for $400-$500.

I suggest you hold on to your sealed box for a few more months. I know some members on multiple forums who have picked up multiples of many of the Snowflake cards, so they will soon hit the market. The cards in general are predicted to gain popularity, so the price should go up.

Also, a little bit more information on the item. They are a Pokemon Advent (Countdown) Calendar released for Christmas in 2008. However, the reason they are so rare is that they were only released in Canada in Toys R Us stores.

Also, the individual cards are rather hard to find in NM+ condition as they are not secured inside the box, so too much movement damages the cards.

Last edited:
I sold it on ebay right before Christmas. The $425 that it sold for is definitely a one time price. At the time it was the only one on ebay and it was something that you did not see often, which is why I put it up. You can probably get around $200 for it now. Either way, I would recommend keeping it sealed if you are in it for monetary value.

Back