Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon Designs - the Good and the Bad.

castre

So I was talking with my friend recently. We're both irritated whenever someone makes the claim Pokemon has run out of ideas. Just a few crappy designs for a gen mean nothing.

My personal least favorite designs actually come from the first two gens. Grimer and Muk - it's a pile of poop that evolves into a bigger pile of poop. Digglett and Dugtrio - that's not an evolution, it's a party of Diggletts. And Unown. They did nothing to that except put eyes on the alphabet. Some of my favorite designs come from more recent games, such as the haunted tree Pokemon in 6th gen or Dusknoir from 4th gen.

So my question is this:
What is your least favorite Pokemon designs? What are your most favorite?

Try to keep away from the obvious Ice Cream Cone discussion, go for something different. Also, a reminder, this discussion is on design alone, not relating to how well the Pokemon do in battle. Otherwise, I like Muk and Dugtrio in terms of battle. Just concentrating on design, what are your opinions?

I dunno, I always though Unown was a fun take on Pokemon design...now why they only gave it Hidden Power as its sole move, I don't know...

You already mentioned one of my least favorite though, I never liked the Vanilluxe line, it even creeps me out a bit with the 2 headed stage 2 design. For this new generation, there's nothing outright I dislike, but Kefiki seems a bit lazy in design, I mean a key ring?

I would have to disagree I like the pokemon based on human objects like rotom (You can argue that he is just in them and not them) and honedge

For my least favorites all the regis and arceus

I would have to disagree I like the pokemon based on human objects like rotom (You can argue that he is just in them and not them) and honedge

For my least favorites all the regis and arceus

The Regis (the 3 from Hoenn) aren't actually manmade. They were made by Regigigas. Not sure I follow about Arceus.

Anyway, in my personal opinion, the designs i dislike are some of the new Fairy Pokemon (6th gen). They look too frilly for my taste. Slurpuff just makes me wanna kill it with fire. And i will say that a keyring pokemon is pretty unimaginative.

Also Delphox, being a fox, is one that i honestly neither love nor hate. i love all foxes including fox pokemon but something about the design just makes me... i dont know. it was enough to make me choose Froakie over Fennekin. I admit, a bit shallow...

The Regis (the 3 from Hoenn) aren't actually manmade. They were made by Regigigas. Not sure I follow about Arceus.

Anyway, in my personal opinion, the designs i dislike are some of the new Fairy Pokemon (6th gen). They look too frilly for my taste. Slurpuff just makes me wanna kill it with fire. And i will say that a keyring pokemon is pretty unimaginative.

Also Delphox, being a fox, is one that i honestly neither love nor hate. i love all foxes including fox pokemon but something about the design just makes me... i dont know. it was enough to make me choose Froakie over Fennekin. I admit, a bit shallow...

"For my least favorites all the regis and arceus"
I did not say that they were human made I just said they are my least favorite

I agree with the slurpuff comment hate it (I already have one just in case it is good attack wise :tongue:)
Also with the fox VS frog I would pick frog looks WAY cooler :thumb:

I never really liked pokemon based off of man made objects either, although I do think rotom is kinda cool. I agree with normal guy about that. But idk about arceus either. A god pokemon with a design of an alpaca.

Man-made object Pokemon seems really weird to us, but I think it is much less weird to the Japanese, who pray to nature and their food among other things. I would guess at a certain point, there would be less ways to utilize birds for another set of Pokemon, and the only option left would be non-animals.

Back