Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon E3 Red Cheeks Pikachu PSA 10 Gem Mint

hyruleguardian

So I made my first major purchase on ebay today.

I had to pounce on what this guy was selling because he was selling this card in PSA 10 Gem Mint form at a price BELOW what other people were selling it for and they were selling used cards!

After doing research on it, I came to find that a regular E3 Red Cheeks Pikachu was worth about $80, with most people claiming that a factory sealed one is worth about $150.

I researched how much a PSA one might cost... but couldn't find much. The reason for this as it turns out is that according to PSA's registry, only 4 E3 Red Cheeks Pikachu have even been submitted to PSA - two of which were graded a 9, and two of where were graded a 10.

So this is one of only 2 Red Cheek Pikachus that have been graded a PSA 10.

I got the seller to relinquish it for $150.

I'm hoping its value goes up in time (and possibly that it's worth more than what I paid for it right now).

Did I get a good deal? Ripped-Off? About right? Let me know!

Wow. Very good deal.
Usually on eBay you see a non sealed one at about $150 on BIN auctions. But that's ebay for you lol.

But yeah, very good deal. Well done.

That is a good deal, but I do not know how to price it with PSA. What I have come to find with the PSA cards is that honestly very few people really value them, or care about them. I wish this was differnet, as I am now an active member of psa but I have had graded cards listed for awhile that have no offers, and I think people just would rather pay less to have the actual card, and the psa grade detours them because of the increased price.

With this said, the only set to me that seems to do fine no matter what is the 1st edition base set. These cards stay selling, but the other sets not as much.

The Red cheek pikachu psa 10 should be about $250 in my opinion, but who knows it is all about finding a buyer which seems difficult right now :nonono:

My thought is that the E3 Red Cheeks Pikachu, like the 1st Edition Base Set cards, are part of 'golden era' of Pokemon cards - as it was released in 1999, the same year as the base set. These cards just have more nostalgic value, and anything that is the 'original' is always a much better collector's item in general

That's why ALL of my PSA cards that I have (and I have 21 of them now) are from the 20th century (1998 or 1999).

Also, Pikachu is obviously the most famous Pokemon, therefore I think that any very significant Pikachu card (along with Charizard) will always have selling power.

It is also the very first English promotional card ever released. That should have some effect on it staying a well known and desired promo card.
Definatly from the golden era.

Nice price! I think you got a great deal on a very hard card to find psa 10. One of those graded PSA 9 was mine awhile back but I wanted one sealed so I traded a fellow Canadian friend of mine for her sealed e3 red cheeks . I know the one I had was the first E3 graded as there were no more listed.

Back