Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon League Real Gym Leaders

GregWebster

Okay, so here's my plan.
At my league there are a handful of college students and mostly elementary school/middle school students. Often the college students wipe the floor with the kids, so we get the kids not wanting to play the older guys. I want to make a gym leader system, where adults have their own themed gyms (decks) and badges (buttons) to give out. I've already talked to a few of the people, and so far have four gym leaders:
me - Butterfly gym (beautifly and mothim deck)
dragon gym - gyrados and dragonair
fire gym - infernape and ninetales
eevee gym - eevee

Were also thinking of making our own region, that is a drawn map of texas with us located around where our "gyms" are and the kids earn points to get to each gym, just like the point cards only overlaid onto a map.

Anyways, the problem is the badges, and coming up with more decks that are fun to play yet easy to beat. I can't find a single button maker in any local stores, including big chains and hobby shops. Anyone know a good button maker that is cheap online? Any help/comments would be greatly appreciated at this stage.

this would be overly hard to do, being that older kids would be limited to playing 1 type of deck for "badge" play. jimo -tina

I think that the older kids would just play their gym decks against the challengers.

:lol: I have a good Idea

Techno badge! Porygon Z!
Presidential Badge! Abomasnow varient.
Just something out of this crazy mind :thumb:

Pick 8 people that thier best decks are one of the eight types, or at least a good bit of that type like the Gym Leaders in the game. im gonna suggest this to my League leader! good idea!

My kid has one of THESE, it makes individual buttons kinda like you're talking about. Don't know if they're still available via retail, but you could probably find one on eBay or somesuch.

S.

We sorta already do that I the league I help run.
I am the gym leader and if you can beat me you get a special Pokemon Center Key chain back from when the NY Pokemon Center was open. (Its nice heavy and looks like gold)
Some of the juniors have beaten me.(It seems to be the older ones who are having trouble....)
I play my same deck that I played in states and everywhere else.
I guess I am sorta the Psychic Gym Leader since its Dusknoir.

At our league, if they beat the LL they get a free candy bar at the front desk. Great incentive as there is always a line to play me!

My kid has one of THESE, it makes individual buttons kinda like you're talking about. Don't know if they're still available via retail, but you could probably find one on eBay or somesuch.
we have one of those too, but the problem is finding the refills now that the pokemon center store is gone. an alternative would be a badge-a-minit machine...

'mom

At our league, if they beat the LL they get a free candy bar at the front desk. Great incentive as there is always a line to play me!

I should have at least 5 candy bars by now >.>
it gets awfully annoying when your LL thinks he's the best...

If anything I'd do a "signed" common Pokemon card like the look of the gym badge you wanted to do and draw on the card, like let's say you're the lightning GL, you'd give them a Pikachu with the gym badge symbol on it.

Back