Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon League Video Game Scizor Promotion

I'm curious about this too. I attend league, but for my player rewards I chose the TCG side over the video game side. I'm hoping I can get this Scizor too.

I have an i.d, and don't really play the tcg. Hoping I can get a Scizor, when is the Aspertia Season starting?

Started. Past-tense. And almost finished. GET OUT THERE IF YOU WANT THIS THING!

Pokemon League Scizor - how to earn it?

How do you earn the Scizor in the Pokemon League? Is it the standard do enough games and fill up the card thing?

Light Armor seems like a lame ability, does it have any uses?

Wow really? Just found out one of my closest leagues is on Friday. I'll be going, and I'll let you guys know how it works.

Light Metal is a pretty lame ability considering its other option is TECHNICIAN. :O

like omg technician is so good.

Light Metal affects only a select few attacks like Heavy Slam, Grass Knot, Low Kick, etc.; seeing as Scizor isn't weak to any of these moves and only Grass Knot really sees much competitive play (Low Kick sees a LITTLE use on Weavile! <3) I don't think Light Metal has any real merit to it, even if we were to ignore the fact that Scizor gets one of the best abilities in the game and you'd have to be ignoring it to use Light Metal...

Do I need to actually play in the league?

Can I suggest that yes, you actually play in the league?

We've been going to a local league for the past month, and I can tell you it's a great way to get the younger players involved. Yes, they use older cards, and yes, sometimes the kids are annoying, but for the most part, it's fun and keeps the juniors and seniors interested and involved.

I realize that many masters don't play in league, but if we all want Pokemon to stay strong and continue for a long time, then we all should "help" with building and expanding the base.

Okay, stepping off the soap box. Thanks. :)

Can I suggest that yes, you actually play in the league?

We've been going to a local league for the past month, and I can tell you it's a great way to get the younger players involved. Yes, they use older cards, and yes, sometimes the kids are annoying, but for the most part, it's fun and keeps the juniors and seniors interested and involved.

I realize that many masters don't play in league, but if we all want Pokemon to stay strong and continue for a long time, then we all should "help" with building and expanding the base.

Okay, stepping off the soap box. Thanks. :)

I do intent to play. I was just wondering if you need to earn the Scizor, or if you have to show up? I won't be able to go the the league often, as the closest one to me in about a 35 minute drive. Will we need a account registered under Video Gaming?

Even though the Dream World ability is not favored over Scizor's other one, Pursiut and Steel wing are moves that take a bit of effort to be equipped onto Scizor. That about is the only "specialness" this Scizor has.

Even though the Dream World ability is not favored over Scizor's other one, Pursiut and Steel wing are moves that take a bit of effort to be equipped onto Scizor. That about is the only "specialness" this Scizor has.

So, you have to go through a lot of egg breeding transferring moves to end up with Pursuit and Steel Wing on a scizor?

You do need to attend league in order to earn this distribution. As long as you are reported as having attended Aspertia season and you have synched your game with the Pokémon Global Link, your account will be flagged to receive the promotional Scizor.

Because this promotion is being offered via the PGL, any Pokémon we give out this way will have the Dream World ability rather than the normal ability. This distribution method will also affect the level of the Pokémon you receive. For example, Scizor will be level 10, but the Pokémon that players can earn for being reported in the Virbank league season will be level 48. :thumb:

Woah, a Garchomp or a Haxorus D:

I am fine with both of these! Rough skin Garchomp is amazing for teams that don't run sandstorm and even though Haxorus is a bit lackluster compared to other dragons, Unnerve is an amazing ability that turns off those nasty berries like Haban berry and Sitrus berry.

I very much approve of either for next season!

Back