Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon meets Samurai Warriors/Nobunaga's Ambition

Still say it's kinda...weird...different...eh we'll see, just sounds like a fairly random ideal, but who knows.

This is extremely weird and I absolutely love it.
It's very interesting that this is a crossover game, though; that feels like a very non-Pokémon thing to do.
In any case, looking forward to more information on this!

The artwork is amazing!

But gameplay wise, I see this either being very good or very bad. And there are so many games that don't leave Japan, let's hope this will come state side.

I dunno, we seem to have gotten the bulk of Pokemon games besides the TCG2 for GB I think? And that mini DS TCG trainer or whatever...I mean, it looks like this is a main series spinoff at any rate, so we should see it I'd think.

What I'm worried about is how badly the story could be changed...that and the artwork itself, making it more "Americanized" or "westernized" for release elsewhere.

This looks like a Pokemon Tactics RPG, just based off the initial screens and play vids on there. If so, I has a HAPPY!!!

I love what I'm seeing so far. I'm glad to see Pokemon take a more "mature" direction. Maybe mature isn't the correct word to say, but it's out of its comfort zone for sure. For someone who's been playing Pokemon since its beginning, I'm glad to see a deeper Pokemon game than many of its cheap spin-offs (they hardly ever hold my attention). I'm starting to get tired of the main series too; fight 8 gym leaders, overthrow a "team," and beat the elite four. Really looking forward to this.

Pokemon should continue in this direction. It feels like we're getting a whole lot more out of the franchise!

Stoked stoked stoked stoked. :eek:

My favorite games:
Disgaea series
FFTA2
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor
etc.

Seeing Pokemon break into my favorite type of game? Absol-utely awesome! This totally makes up for any unhappiness about ANY of the cards coming out. It'd be nice if it were on the 3DS, but I totally accept this (probably) last hurrah for Pokemon on the DS.

Here's hoping for a fast localization so we English speakers can get it by Christmas next year!

Back