Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon of the Talon and Claw (Eon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultramew

Well because my *other* post about asking you guys to help modify my deck ended up...failing, I'll just tell you me new deck I've come up with. The strategy has changed somewhat though.

Pokemon of the Talon and Claw
Pokemon: 17
3x Espeon (2 AQ, 1 SS)
3x Eevee (2 AQ, 1 SS)
3x Xatu (2 SS, 1 SR)
3x Natu (2x SS, 1x SR)
1x Mewtwo Ex
1x Wynaut
1x Dunsparce
2x Wobbuffet (SS)

Trainers: 28
2x Switch
2x Full Heal
2x Professor Elm's Training Method
2x Professor Oak's Research
2x Town Volunteers
2x Pokemon Fan Club
2x Juggler
2x Copycat
2x Crystal Shard
2x Wally's Training
2x Weakness Guard
2x Potion
2x Hyper Potion
2x Ancient ruins

Energy: 15
1x Boost Energy
2x Cyclone Energy
2x Warp Energy
10x Psychic Energy

Strategy: I had an immense strategy typed out, however, an error came, and I don't feel like typing it all up again.

Update fix: I'm removing the Dunsparce for another Wobbuffet, Dunsparce just wasn't helping *too* much, and Wobbuffet is also a side hitter.

Any other suggestions?

Pokemon of the Talon and Claw
Pokemon: 18
3x Espeon (2 AQ, 1 SS) [AQ=Energy Return is a chance to abuse my special energies, plus also a combo with others]
3x Eevee (2 AQ, 1 SS) [Straightforward, I'm going to try and get more SS Eevees, only 1]
3x Xatu (2 SS, 1 SR) [SR should be a SS, but I'm missing a 3rd. SS Xatu loads opponent with damage, and Espeon's Damage Blast to kill 'em off]
3x Natu (2x SS, 1x SR) [Straight forward]
1x Mewtwo Ex [Standard attacker]
1x Wynaut [Use Alluring Smile when it's got like 5 energies on it, then AQ Espeon them back.]
2x Dunsparce [Standard]
2x Wobbuffet (SS) [Helps with Ex, and also does good damage.]

Trainers: 28
2x Switch
3x Full Heal
2x Professor Elm's Training Method
4x Professor Oak's Research
2x Town Volunteers
2x Pokemon Fan Club
2x Copycat
2x Dessert Shaman
2x Wally's Training
2x Potion
2x Hyper Potion
2x Ancient ruins [No other stadium cards.]

Energy: 15
1x Boost Energy
2x Cyclone Energy
2x Warp Energy
10x Psychic Energy

That's the strategy, right there in the explanation of the ending.

Actually SOME help would be appreciated.

Ancient Ruins is a cool card (I use it in one of my decks, actually, and it was a help when I playtested), but there's one big catch -- you can't use it if you have played a Supporter or have any in your hand. I was able to build for it -- I kept the Supporter count below 10 -- but this deck has 16 Supporters. So, Ancient Ruins probably won't help you much. Instead of those two cards, put in a second Mewtwo ex and a second Wynaut. Also, drop the Full Heals for a third Switch and two more Boost Energy.

I'm only using Ancient Ruins as a gym breaker, though I doubt there ARE that many gyms out there that could devastate me. I'll see about the Wynaut and Mewtwo Ex, they're good suggestions, I'll keep 'em in mind. Not to mention I don't have any more (Australia has very little sandstorm cards, and I only got 1 mewtwo ex outta a whole box, I'm trying to get more.)

Yea, I was thinking that too. Also, I don't have any more Boost energy :p

So, I'll try the Mewtwo Ex and the Wynaut, ASAP. I'll take out the 2 Gyms for something else. I was thinking maybe some more switches, or something along those lines.

Should I put in another Wobbuffet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back