Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon popularity

Son of Leod

I recently culled out hundreds of common and uncommon Pokemon cards from the earlier sets and was wondering what to do with them. We decided to put them in a bowl and offer them to trick or treaters. The cards were very popular (along with some Harry Potter TCG cards) and we ended up giving away virtually all of them. Seems like kids still like to collect them.

Ooooo, great idea...but since this really isn't TCG News, I'm going to move it down to the RTC. Thanks for understanding...

'mom

Yeah. It's funny. The kids claim to not like Pokemon anymore, but whenever I brought a box of extra cards to a school function as prizes, they'd always have a crowd around them and most would be gone by the end of the night.

Just goes to show...

For Halloween, we gave out candy bars and i packaged up 60 cards (1 holo or promo and the rest a mix of various sets). We only had like 24 but the kids who noticed the cards were "WOW! Pokémon cards!"

Here's something interesting. When I get off the school bus, and I walk up the aisle, I see at least half of the kids playing with Pokemon cards. Pokemon only caught on with a little bit of my generation, and very few of those players are left. I would like to see where those kids are in four years, and if they, unlike my classmates, have realized that Pokemon is a game for all ages.

For some reason, people always seem to deny it to everyone that they play it... I guess it's just ignorance, in that back in '99, there were a lot of little kids playing, so people just assume it's only for little kids. But as soon as you put a bunch of people together, then they'll not only admit they play, but get enthusiastic about it... Just look at a SBZ for example. Individually, if you'd stop the players in the mall while they're walking around, they possibly wouldn't admit playing. BUT, once you put him at a table with 20 other people, his day is made. ;)

Back