Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon Reference in Super Millionaire fastest finger question

mysterioustrainer

In night four of Who Wants to be a Super Millionaire on ABC, the first fastest finger question had a slight tidbit to Pokemon. I thought it was worth mentioning.

List the which of the following toys was released starting with the earlist.
A. X Box B. Pokemon Cards C. Cabbage Patch Kids D. Beanie Babies

Do you know the answer? Seven of the ten players did. I guess some people know more about Pokemon that they think.

Yeah, C, D, B, A sounds right...

In a related story... A couple years ago though on the original "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" I remember a $250,000 question was something like;

"Which is not a Pokémon?"
A. Jigglypuff
B. Pikachu
C. Voltron (...Or something, I don't remember)
D. Oddish

The guy used his "50/50" and it came down to Jigglypuff and whatever the right answer was, and the guy still ended up getting it wrong.

LOL pop always the jokster. Its easy to see because cabbage patch is the oldest toy still seen today on the shelves and then pokemon arrived with beanie babies on its heels in the late 90's and finally x-box came in in the start of 2000.

Iterestingly enough, earlier in the day, Pokemon was an incorrect answer to a question on the syndicated millionaire.

No I'm pretty sure it was cabbage patch, beanie babies followed by Pokemon and finally Xbox. It was the only fastest finger I missed during the show.

Back