Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon Rumble News

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynegg

CotD Editor<br>Forum Moderator
Each active U.S. League is getting a promotional copy of Pokemon TCG Rumble! I just got mine today, so be sure to check it out during your next League session!

**Card Images**

Last edited:
heh, yeah I got mine yesterday - read the rules yet there Wayne?

heh, yeah I got mine yesterday - read the rules yet there Wayne?

Nope, not yet, but I did scan all the images and request a new Gallery Forum so I can upload them! Reading them rulez now :lol:

**Edit**
Ooo... I like, lol!!!! PTCG- Intro to Gambling would have been a good name since you take your opponent's cards when you KO them. I see people playing for keeps with this. Especially since it can be played with any Pokemon card from what I understood while reading.

Last edited:
No Eevee or Pachi cards. Sad face...

Looks cool though. It will be going to League tonight.

EeveeLover - I can see Pokémon USA getting some more Rumble cards printed, unless of course they don't go over so well....But then again, you can always use Eevee or Pachi cards from the actual TCG.

As for the rumble rules (I assume that EeveeLover has read the rules, or atleast skimmed them), my concern lies in how you can add regular TCG cards, here's what I posted about it in the other thread:

Tim17 said:
one of the rule, pertaining to adding regular TCG cards, mentions how attacks work. It basically states you only do the base damage, ignoring effects and modifiers (so SV Garchomp's 2nd attack would simply do 120 for 3 energy, ignoring the minus modifier). Now, I know this will mean ignoring damage counter placement attacks, like SF Gengar/etc. But what about "sniping" attacks like AR Pikachu's Mega Shot - do you just classify it having a base damage of 40 atk and follow the rest of the Rumble rules determining attack target etc. Granted the basic Rumble rules also state that you can add your own rules, incase you'd like to add the effects that include coin flips.....

the other thread: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=113737

Haven't gotten mine yet. Someone kind enough to give a synopsis of the rules for me?

Haven't gotten mine yet. Someone kind enough to give a synopsis of the rules for me?

The set Up is kind of legthy to explain, so I will let you read that part.

Basically it is a game that up to 7 people can play at a time. There are 7 slots which each have 2 Pokemon- one face down and another face up on top of the other. Each player picks 2 pokemon (one face up, one face down).

First you roll the 4 energy dice and see what energy you get. If you roll a blank (-) sign that provides no energy, but if you get all 4 (-) you automatically doo 100 damage to a Pokemon of your choice.

With a face up Pokemon Card you announce which ever attack you want to use (doesn't have to be just your Pokemon). Then you roll a Target (directional) die that has numbers on it. You attack the Pokemon that is the number of spaces away as indicated by that die and in the direction the arrow on the die is pointing. You apply weakness and resistance as normal. If you KO a Pokemon, you take that card.

Then there is a point system to determine the winner which you will have to read about with the supplies in front of you to understand to determine who wins the game.

thinking of getting one of these myself when the money is right

supposed to be around $10 (USD).

and wayne, it's always clockwise on the attack target, skipping the pokemon that is attacking (which I'm sure happens when you're down to like 3 pokemon left).

You pick 2 slots to place point counters (14 total, 7 colors - 7 worth 3 pts and 7 worth 5 pts). You cannot place both counters in the same slot.

When a pokemon is KOed, you flip over the facedown one.

I suppose someone could post the rules (or atleast an abbreviated set)

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

We've played it a handful of times tonight, super fun.

how long did the games take, and how many ppl played during those games?

Last edited:
I'll scan the rules in for now so everyone can see them and then delete them later.

You pick 2 slots to place point counters (14 total, 7 colors - 7 worth 3 pts and 7 worth 5 pts). You cannot place both counters in the same slot.

I guess I missed that. Then what is the arrow on the Target Die for?

I didn't get into the counters and slots because without the game in fron of them, they wouldn't understand what you were talking about.

EeveeLover - I can see Pokémon USA getting some more Rumble cards printed, unless of course they don't go over so well....But then again, you can always use Eevee or Pachi cards from the actual TCG.

As for the rumble rules (I assume that EeveeLover has read the rules, or atleast skimmed them), my concern lies in how you can add regular TCG cards, here's what I posted about it in the other thread:

the other thread: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=113737

So does that mean, that Mesprit X is the best card to have for the game?

This looks like fun for $10, I'll probably pick it up

Wayne - not sure why there is an arrow on the target die....and I getcha on the counters/slots, it's easier to understand if you see the playmat....

Po-Po-Pocchama: my co-leader (I own the league, but help run it) and I plan on making a ban list of cards, which will include Mesprite X and SV Garchomp....amoung other items. The rules say you can add rules if you'd like.....so I guess there's so many possibilities to work with....lol

So does that mean, that Mesprit X is the best card to have for the game?

This looks like fun for $10, I'll probably pick it up

No as you would only have a 1 in 108 rolls chance of getting the energy to attack with. Low specific energy attack of 3 or less, high HP Pokemon would probably be strategically the best, such as Garchomp SV. It has a 88.89% chance of success.

Here are the rules. I had to break it down in sections to fit the size constraints, so forgive the places that were cut off. The actions have to be done in this precise order:

step 1
step 2
step 3
step 4
step 5
step 6
step 7
step 8

No need to ban the Mesprit X. It only has a .926% chance (One Rainbow without Psychic on the same die= 1/6, One psychic with no Rainbow on the same die= 1/6, One die with both= 1/3) of going off and it is easy to KO. Be thorough if you decide to ban cards for play at League with Rumble. Mesprit is a heavy hitter, but it would just fizzle most of the time :thumb:

Last edited:
No need to ban the Mesprit X. It only has a .926% chance (One Rainbow without Psychic on the same die= 1/6, One psychic with no Rainbow on the same die= 1/6, One die with both= 1/3) of going off and it is easy to KO. Be thorough if you decide to ban cards for play at League with Rumble. Mesprit is a heavy hitter, but it would just fizzle most of the time :thumb:

you have to consider the unknown - such as placement of the mesprit vs its weakness (a psychic type). But I'm sure we'll test out various ones and see what needs to get banned (such as SV Garchomp).

And thanks for posting the quick guide - definitely will help others to understand how the game works.

Last edited:
The more I read the rules, the more it seams to be like roulette meets Pokemon. You place your bets (Player Markers) on the random pile you think is going to win, everyone takes turns going around in a circle attacking with Pokemon of their choice, and then the proverbial ball lands on the winning slot. The player with the highest wager (Pokemon taken plus the number on the back of the Player Markers for the players who wagered on that slot) wins!

yeah, if the game is welcomed by our leaguers - Ryan (co-leader) and I may do prizes on it or something...

Great idea Tim! I have a bunch of throw away cards that are useless in the TCG that would rock in Rumble! I may use those for prizes and let the kids play 'make-it-take-it' when they KO one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back