Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon stats and pokemon

Hello room!

I wanted to ask 2 questions today and here it goes:

1) At what level is it right to use items like HP UP, Carbos, Iron, Etc.??
I usually use them at Lv 50 or so

2) I was wondering about my team and maybe I think I need help
My team so far is:

Alakazam, Salamence, and Crawdaunt

I might want to have a Latios/as just because everyone else has one, but oh well. I am like recover alot and think it is a awesome move so I don't want to get rid of Alakazam. Well any feedback helps.

:D Thanks :D

I don't bother with Latias. I find it a bit weak. My Kyogre and Swampert are my two hard hitters, with Metagross and Salamence in reserve.

Whenever I train Pokémon for teams such as Pokémon Stadium Cups, I wait until the level that the team requires, unless it's for a L100 team (then I use them whenever it's necessary).

Hello again....

I have tried using my three tourney pokes in battle tower and I did well, but it's kinda easy beating everyone in the tower, at least I think...

I guess maybe I should use the items now, if anyone else wants to improve on my pokemon:

Salamence
-Dragon Claw
-Dragon Rage
-Fly
-Flamethrower

Alakazam
-Psychic
-Shock Wave
-Shadow Ball
-Recover (Luv it)

Crawdaunt
-Crabhammer (good critcal hit)
-Ancient Power
-Knock Off (for the psychic types)
-Ice Beam

For salamence drop the dragonrage.Get a new beldum( I bred my 2 salamences ;) ), and raise that beldum to lvl 41 to learn crunch(do not evolve it until it learns crunch. Or if ure Salamence is male raise it to lvl62 and then bredd it w/ a female beldum/shelgon/salamence.

~ilc

I think he meant to say "Bagon". I mean, they're almost the same... right? Right? Ah, nevermind.

Well, in my opinion, it'd be best to only use the vitamins (HP Up, Carbos, etc.) on Pokémon you plan to use competitively.

The way the vitamins work in R/S is they give you 10 effort points in their respective category (Carbos will give 10 Speed points, HP Up will give 10 HP points, etc.). With the exception of PP Up and PP Max. They just boost PP of moves.

Since Effort Values (EVs) are a limited resource (510 total per Pokémon, and a max of 255 per stat) and with six stats to use them on (HP, Attack, Speed, etc.), you got to use them wisely!

On a Pokémon, that's to be used competitively, it's a good idea to use the desired vitamins ASAP. That way, those EVs don't get used on a category you didn't want them to be in.

Here's an example. Let's say I want a competitive Gardevoir. First off, I'll get one with a +10% for SP.ATK nature (like Modest, which is -10% for Attack. Which is OK, since I don't plan on using physical attacks with Gardevoir anyways).

So, let's say I want to max out Gardevoir's SP.ATK and SP.DEF ratings. Which would mean all 510 EVs are split evenly between the two stats. So I'll use 10 Calciums (raises SP.ATK) and 10 Zincs (raises SP.DEF) on Gardevoir. That's an instant 100 EVs for each category.

But I still have 310 unused EVs. Those'll have to be obtained the hard way: battling. Everytime you knock out a Pokémon, you'll earn EVs. Different Pokémon produce different EVs and how many. For example, KOing a Sandshrew will give 1 Defense EV to all of the Pokémon that battled it. And a Raichu will give 3 Speed EVs.

So... you get the idea.

If you don't plan on using a Pokémon competitively then feel free to use vitamins anytime on them.
However, even if you haven't reached the 10 per vitamin limit, you won't be able to use them if a Pokémon's EVs in the desired category is maxed out, or if the Pokémon's EVs are completely maxed out.

So your saying If you use the vitamins early you get to choose which stats are higher in the end? Also, where can you find a guide to which pokemon give off which EV's when you beat them?

Back