Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon TCG Worlds 2007-2008 Unofficial Uno Tournament. UPDATED!!!

Kenshin's Garde

okkkkkkk so i wanna try and set up an uno tournament at worldz this year and i wanna know when anyone thinks they would be able to play in it. the only days that will not be avalible for the tournament are friday, saturday morning-afternoon, and sunday morning. all other times before and after are acceptable. i mean, let's be honest: we're all going to play gg/plox anyways, right? :thumb: right now, i have this set for sunday at around 6:00 PM but i am very open to change.

Plz post your time+date suggestions and whether you would be able to attend or not. PRizes are still pending (depending on the number of players/interest etc) but will probably be pokemon packs or something like that. i may make a little uno card trophy or something, but i'm not going to bother until i get some feedback on this akachan (baby!).

also, if i get a considerable amount of people, i might need to ask some people to bring uno decks (i currently only have 3 decks to play with). if anyone is willing to bring an extra set of uno cards for this thing, that would be greatly appreciated.

I might also have to find a good place to set up this event. i don't live in florida, so i have absolutely no idea where a good place in the hotel would be. anyone know a good hall/place i might be able to set this up (maybe the pokemon room)?

For everyone going to worlds, wheter they attend this EPIC uno tournament or not, I wish all of you good luck in the main events (grinder and Worlds).

Note: this is mainly for Worlds/grinder competetors. any random non-pokemon people prob. won't be allowed to play w/o POP (proof of Pokemon). maybe an incentive for your parents/friends/coworkers to play grinder so they can play in this AWESOME uno tournament? ;P

Considering the posts, I will be planning on the tournament on Sunday at 7:00 PM. I am still accepting any other recommendations.

Additionally, i can make this either single-elim (faster), or swiss rounds with a top cut (more fun for everyone, in general, and allows people who lost a game to get into the final rounds). Again, let me know which you prefer.

I am setting the prizes up as we speak. I am making a small corny Uno trophy for the winner, and am going to try and get some of my extra holos rounded up, as well as a few booster packs (maybe some of the new set? We'll see.)

I am also considering charging a buck for entry, and doing a cash prize for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place. I don't need to do this tho. The prize money would probably be a small amount anyways (unless we wanted to raise the price.). Once again, your opinions are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Hahaha are you sure that all we play GG/Plox? Maybe you will have a surprise at Worlds man, but either ways i will not show my SD at this tournament and i don`t think another competitor will do this. Seeya!

Kenshin's Garde,

you should get Final times like date,time,and location.

Maybe we can get a stickey for this :wink:

I'd like to play! ^_^ Haven't played UNO in years. How about "end of 1st day World's Play" on Saturday? May help some of you unwind from the day's activities and clear your mind for Sunday Pokemon play. If it is on Sunday, then I will be there in spirit, as I will be taking Sarah to dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table that night.

:biggrin:

I'll be trying to compete and bring a few decks of uno. I also agree with it being held after the 1st day is done

Hahaha are you sure that all we play GG/Plox? Maybe you will have a surprise at Worlds man, but either ways i will not show my SD at this tournament and i don`t think another competitor will do this.
Language gap might be a factor, but this post made my day. :smile: Fine don't show your SD at the Uno tournament, see if I care! lol

Language gap might be a factor, but this post made my day. :smile: Fine don't show your SD at the Uno tournament, see if I care! lol

ROFL. I was just about to quote him too for that, i can't stop laughting!

Anyway, i dont think i'm in. I might be doing other things like hiding my SD :lol:

ILL KICK ALL OF YOUR REARS, SUKAHS

o noes, I forgot I don't have the anonymity of playing on my 360! How could this happen?!?!?!* :frown:

:tongue: I would totally play if we aren't busy doing secret staff maneuvers at that point. Which we probably will be.

* no, I don't actually act like that on XBL. ¬_¬

lol i would keep my sd secret after worlds is over too! ;P

btw, i updated the 1st post with information on the tournament in bold. like it says EVERYWHERE in it, i appreciate knowing what you guys think of the plans.

Cool. I already packed our Pokemon Uno cards to have on the plane and at the hotel and such. I'll see if I can grab a 'regular' deck to bring along.

ok i finished the cheesy "trophy" and am pretty set on this thing going down on Sunday. I regret to say i forgot to get extra packs but i have some pokemon dolls for 1st and 2nd place.

additionally, with much consideration, I am thinking of pushing this off to later in the evening. considering people will probably go off to eat dinner, go to the parks, or hang out with friends right after worlds, most people won't be around to really do anything until around 8:00 PM methinks. lmk if you guys think if 8:00 or later is good. it doesn't seem like we have a lot of younger players doing this thing right now anyways.

sooooooooooooo

Sunday 8:00 PM

Back