Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon Trading Card Game Online and Pokegym

cabd

The Pokemon Trading Card Game Online and Pokegym:​
A match that needs to be made in heaven?​
I’m creating this thread to open up discussion on an individual level about PTCGO and what role it should play here on the ‘gym. Right now, we have a few threads listing individual live streams, and a post explaining how to use it. But I think that as this game seems to be the future of casual (and maybe not so casual) play going foreword, that it deserves a bit more focus.

Lately, a lot of pokemon fan sites have spring up. It seems we get a new one every day. And as each pops up, Pokegym becomes less of a central hub and more of an option to visit. I think that we as a community need to really approach the TCGO with more interest.

For example, we should make a thread on the TCGO sub-forum for each major metagame deck. Then, we should link to videos/streams/channels of people playing that deck.

Now, of course, for the sake of my argument, I’m assuming we only allow PG or G rated videos/channels.

For example, one clicks on the thread that says “Gothitelle” and is presented with replies listing videos of gothitelle decks being played on TCGO, with the list used attached. A player trying to decide on a new deck simply has to watch various deck videos, and choose one that looks fun. NO deck is too insignificant to be featured, but metagame decks (as chosen by mods) would be stickied.

Just an idea I had. Also, a stickied post showing how to get started, and how to play/trade/etc would be nice. I know Pooka has a lot of that stuff already done, just waiting to be featured.

Just a rant typed up at 3AM. But I feel the Pokegym would do well to embrace this new source of content, especially with the lack of content being currently submitted to the front page.

Back