Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

POKEMON WEEKLY: The TCG Show :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWittz

First things first, I don't know if I'm going to get locked immediately or not. There is a big thing at the top saying "no site advertising", but it is followed by an explanation by pokepop that seems to discreetly refer to a specific scenario rather than the general problem of site advertising. I got locked by putting this in the news feed, but I don't know how the random topic center works, and when I saw MOTL post his metal song, I assume I should be okay posting my videos.

Onto the story! Many of you might be familiar with my show Prof-it!, because you saw my old post. But I bet many of you have not! The show consists of a weekly episode, each Sunday, discussing various aspects of the TCG, including metagame, tournaments, tournament decks, etc. Also, every 15th of the month, I release a parody song about Pokemon. The show opened to some really warm reception, and I'd like as many of you to check it out as you can! Feel free to post commentary and criticism, and please please please SUBSCRIBE! :D. The Magic Show, a show made way before mine on the MTG card game has 7000 subscribers, while I sit at a lowly 100. I hope to one day have the same spread of popularity and quality of the Magic Show for Pokemon, I think video really is a great way to promote the card game to new and old players alike. Thanks for reading, subscribe, and I hope you enjoy the show!

--J-Wittz

Episode 1- Structure Decks Part 1 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riai5iV8XQU&feature=channel
Episode 1- Structure Decks Part 2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex7Aj51wKr4&feature=channel
Episode 2- Gyarados : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp_3Jd4gMMU
"We Trained You" Eminem Parody: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb-iAnTxzwo

Last edited:
I enjoyed ur gyrados video lol. Cyrus linked me to it last week. I'll be watching out for updates. You also pointed out a few things that I didn't know (like why a lot of players use dice).

Coulda done w/o the raps tho... not that they were bad or anything, I just absolutely hate rap music. Just my taste, no offense to urs or anything :D

i wish i had sound to listen to them

aw man, whatdya do? lol

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

I enjoyed ur gyrados video lol. Cyrus linked me to it last week. I'll be watching out for updates. You also pointed out a few things that I didn't know (like why a lot of players use dice).

Coulda done w/o the raps tho... not that they were bad or anything, I just absolutely hate rap music. Just my taste, no offense to urs or anything :D

oh that's awesome! I'm sorry you don't like rap music, but honestly I don't like much rap music myself. I just like rapping :). I'm more of a Classical guy myself :p

Last edited:
Xuii - maybe u just need to dl the sound drivers?

Jwittz - lol they were pretty funny, urs I mean. But yeah man really good show and I hope you keep doing it for a long time. I'll keep watching. You kinda have the same story of getting into pokemon like me and my wife. We were going thru this weird period of watching a lot of pokemon anime, and one of our friends was like 'hey, we should play pokemon cards'. the rest, is history... had no idea it was still this big....

Xuii - maybe u just need to dl the sound drivers?

Jwittz - lol they were pretty funny, urs I mean. But yeah man really good show and I hope you keep doing it for a long time. I'll keep watching. You kinda have the same story of getting into pokemon like me and my wife. We were going thru this weird period of watching a lot of pokemon anime, and one of our friends was like 'hey, we should play pokemon cards'. the rest, is history... had no idea it was still this big....

yeah, I was completely surprised by the size of the game! I hope it keeps growing and growing through the help of my Beady-ohs :D

Duuuuude. This is awesome. I loved your Gyarados episode, I would've never understood how to play the deck without it (at least not all the way through). Epic.

Keep it up, I want to see more! If I can help with something little, I'd love to. Iunno what, but, yeah.

Duuuuude. This is awesome. I loved your Gyarados episode, I would've never understood how to play the deck without it (at least not all the way through). Epic.

Keep it up, I want to see more! If I can help with something little, I'd love to. Iunno what, but, yeah.

I'm glad to hear you liked the show so much! There will be plenty more episodes to come, every week! Here are the things I'd like help from right now, since you so kindly asked:

1) Spread the word and SUBSCRIBE! The more subscribers I get, the easier it is to promote the show to lots of people around the world. I already know 3 people personally that picked the game up just because of the videos, and the more influence, the better!

2) submit your ideas for good decks to review or website topics to [email protected] !

3) If it is in your power, I am always looking for staple cards to help me make multiple decks and present them in person on the show. While yes, I would love to get paid for what I do, it won't be for a veeeeerrrrryyyy long time, and that isn't the point anyways-- I'm looking to help new players start the game and current players improve at it. I think everybody deserves the awesome experience with the Pokemon TCG that I have been able to have. I will never ask people to make donations because I don't want to sound forceful or anything, but if you have lots of spare staple cards feel free to contact me at [email protected] if you'd like my address to send anything. MUCH MUCH MUCH THANKS!

4) Did I mention subscribing and spreading the word?

Thanks again for viewing :D

Hey everybody! The next episode will be this sunday, the 22nd! The topic is pokemon websites, and I'll be speaking briefly about go-pokemon.com, pokegym, pokebeach, hey trainer ,six prizes, and pojo. It's bound to be a blast, so tune in Sunday night!

I watched the Gyarados video Wednesday night and really liked what I saw. Especially the way you broke the deck down into the "staple" cards, and then talked about the various ways that a builder can fill out the deck with other cards/more consistency. I really prefer that approach to the way that people generally write articles - Creating full decks and explaining that particular list. That makes for "net decking", I think, whereas your approach is a more helpful learning tool. "Here's the skeleton, here's why it works, here are a lot of things that you can use to flesh it out, now go experiment!" You earned yourself a subscriber with that episode alone.

Hey everybody! The next episode will be this sunday, the 22nd! The topic is pokemon websites, and I'll be speaking briefly about go-pokemon.com, pokegym, pokebeach, hey trainer ,six prizes, and pojo. It's bound to be a blast, so tune in Sunday night!

A suggestion:

-If you're including HeyTrainer :)x), then you ought to include Lafonte as well if you have time. Although it's a private forum with less than a hundred members, it's pretty significant solely due to the way it's been built up as a home of amazing players.

I don't see a reason to advertise a website that locks off the public to it's information. Imagine saying, "There is some great information on this forum...but you'll have to take my word for it".

If you're going to include Lafonte, you may as well include all the other 'secret' team forums too. :)x)

...Which is exactly what I think he should do: discuss the unique trend in Pokemon TCG to establish a bunch of small, private groups, with Lafonte being the most notable of them

I watched the Gyarados video Wednesday night and really liked what I saw. Especially the way you broke the deck down into the "staple" cards, and then talked about the various ways that a builder can fill out the deck with other cards/more consistency. I really prefer that approach to the way that people generally write articles - Creating full decks and explaining that particular list. That makes for "net decking", I think, whereas your approach is a more helpful learning tool. "Here's the skeleton, here's why it works, here are a lot of things that you can use to flesh it out, now go experiment!" You earned yourself a subscriber with that episode alone.

Thanks a ton man for all your praise! I hate it when people give their list as the only way to play something, and I also hate having the urge to netdeck. I might not even include my list at the end anymore, who knows? What deck do you think I should look at on the 22nd?

A suggestion:

-If you're including HeyTrainer :)x), then you ought to include Lafonte as well if you have time. Although it's a private forum with less than a hundred members, it's pretty significant solely due to the way it's been built up as a home of amazing players.

I wish I was more clued in to the lafonte world. All I know is the people around my area who say "yessir I'm in Lafonte", and that they say "if you keep winning like this you'll be in lafonte too". To anyone who is a Lafonte member, what is it? Just elitist pokemon talk granted to the so-called "best of the best?". I could try to briefly mention the notion of this "underground superplayers" trend.

That being said, would a two-part video make the thing unwatchable? With the addition of a 7th website to talk about, I DOUBT I can keep it within a 10 minute video. Either that, or I can release the episode over two weeks. . . . or maybe I can "cheat" my own schedule and release part 2 later in the week but before Sunday. Whatcha all think?

I don't see a reason to advertise a website that locks off the public to it's information. Imagine saying, "There is some great information on this forum...but you'll have to take my word for it".

If you're going to include Lafonte, you may as well include all the other 'secret' team forums too. :)x)

well I don't know if I can advertise lafonte, per say, to a newcomer at all (which is who these general discussion videos are usually geared towards). Would saying something like "maybe one day they'll request to recruit you blah blah blah" something like that be okay? Although it would be kinda funny coming from my mouth, seeing as I guess I'm not "lafonte worthy" at the moment anyhows.

Speakin' of which, how does that lafonte system even work? Is it invite-only? Do you have to be amazing or just know the right people?

Last edited:
This is amazing. As everyone else said, I love it. I don't think you should do Lafonte, as it's exclusive and may discourage some young kids.

I am interested in the demographics of the viewers. There is an option to look at them if you are the "owner" of the video. Could you post them please?

Keep it up!

This is amazing. As everyone else said, I love it. I don't think you should do Lafonte, as it's exclusive and may discourage some young kids.

I am interested in the demographics of the viewers. There is an option to look at them if you are the "owner" of the video. Could you post them please?

Keep it up!

Thanks a ton for all the positive commentary! I'll be sure to keep posting if I keep getting feedback like this! Don't forget to subscribe and tell all your friends to subscribe too :D

Here are the demographics of ALL videos (although I found it really interesting that the demographics for different videos were very different!)

Male: 71%
Female: 29%

Ages:
13-17: about 20%
18-24: about 45%
25-34: about 5%
55-64: about 30%

interesting stuff, isn't it! although I will admit the music video does draw a much larger female audience, it's interesting to see the spread across viewers. I also know a good 3 people who personally went out and bought structure decks and began the game :). Isn't that awesome! If only I could be some kind of official advertiser for pop :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back