Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon White 2 story mode Team

Fox_Master51

So now that Black 2/ White 2 have been released and covered, I put together a team for White 2 main story. I'm not big on exact EV's I just focus on certain stats depending on what moves I want. So I will just put EV Focus and preferred Nature. I am also going to choose Tepig as my starter.

Warning: Subject to change!

Emboar
Type: Fire / Fighting
Ability: Blaze
EV Focus: Atk, SpAtk
Nature: Quiet
Item: Zoom Lens
Moves:
Fire Blast
Scald
Brick Break
Stone Edge

Lucario
Type: Fighting / Steel
Ability: Inner Focus
EV Focus: Spd, Atk
Nature: Jolly
Item: Muscle Band or Black Belt
Moves:
ExtremeSpeed
Close Combat
Shadow Claw
Ice Punch

Leavanny
Type: Bug / Grass
Ability: Chlorophyll
EV Focus: Atk, Spd
Nature: Adamant
Item: Heat Rock or Miracle Seed
Moves:
Leaf Blade
U-Turn
Sunny Day
Leaf Storm

Vaporeon
Type: Water
Ability: Hydration
EV Focus: SpAtk
Nature: Bold
Item: Leftovers
Moves:
Surf
Rest
Ice Beam / Blizzard
Rain Dance

Flygon
Type: Ground / Dragon
Ability: Levitate
EV Focus: Atk
Nature: Jolly
Item: Charcoal ?
Moves:
Fly
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Fire Punch / Fire Blast

Zoroark
Type: Dark
Ability: Illusion
EV Focus: SpAtk
Nature: Modest
Item: Expert Belt
Moves:
Night Daze
Flamethrower
Focus Blast
Grass Knot

No major strategy other than type coverage.
Revised from earlier posts.

Black 2 / White 2 looks like an awesome game. I will definitely buy it when it comes out. :smile:

Last edited:
I wouldn't go with Hydreigon, remember they don't evolve till what, 67? So that means you'll be stuck with Deino/Zweilous more or less for the whole playthrough, which isn't cool. Haxorus is better in that regard since it evolves a lot more quickly.

And considering it's in-game, I really wouldn't bother with making any special efforts in EV training or even the right Nature, I mean it's an in-game team lol. You probably could do better than Unfezant though, dunno if Braviary will be in whichever version you're planning on, but it's a lot better imo.

From what I see, this is a pretty balanced in-game team.

You just say that because there's a Vaporeon. :wink:

But yeah, other than switching Hydreigon out for something that doesn't take as long to evolve, maybe a Krookodile or a Scrafty, it looks really balanced for an in game team. But as for EVs, just go with whatever shows its face. For me, an in game team is just "catch whatever looks coolest/cutest" and go with it. Just whatever I feel like, even if it means I have a huge weakness on my team.

For me, I'm making a note to not use any of the Pokemon I ran through the original game with, so for me that means no:

Samurott - because I've always started with the Water type in a new generation
Darmanitan - man this thing plowed through so much stuff
Sawk - much like Darmanitan it was able to plow through stuff and counter-KO a lot of things thanks to Sturdy
Excadrill - even without Sandstorm it's still a powerhouse and beat through stuff much like the others
Galvantula - kick-butt electric spider, though it was kinda frail, only special attacker too

From here, the 6th member has varied, generally an HM slave or something with Fly, but for Gyms and E4 it was one of the following:

Stoutland - gave up on using it and it turned into an HM slave
Beartic - was a lot more trouble using than it was worth, gave up on it
Haxorus - technically I really didn't use it running through the game and only caught a Fraxure at Victory Road to give me something better than an HM Slave, so if I get one early enough this time I may consider using it

Unfortunately, BW2 is reversing the legendary Pokemon that were exclusive to each other in the original BW (I'm guessing in the weird anticipation they think people will buy the same color), so unfortunately I'm largely going to be stuck with the same version exclusives since I went with Black originally (which had Reshiram) and Zekrom is in Black 2. I'd like White 2, but I don't want Reshiram again nor do I like having Latias (W2) over Latios (B2). So yeah...bit miffed about that personally. I know odds are I may just buy both for the heck of it, but still...

So for me, I'll likely try use the following team:

Emboar - I really dislike the whole Snivy/Servine/Serperior line, it just looks soo ugly to me, not to mention Emboar is cool
Eevee/Espeon - Espeon is my favorite Eeveelution, and you get one fairly early in the game from my understanding
Scraggy/Scrafty - I actually hate Scraggy's design, but love Scrafty. Odd eh? Might even use N's if it's got early enough
Deerling/Sawsbuck - Never tried it in the original, so why not here?
Mienfoo/Mienshao - Yeah yeah, same typing as Scrafty in part, but it's so darn cool
Zorua - Depends on when it's received largely, if it's too late might go with a Water type here or other special attacker

Generally I'll have an HM slave and Flyer I'll rotate in and out of the PC for getting from place to place or per situation as needed, but I generally dislike having one actively on my team. But at any rate, my only 3 sure locks are Emboar, Espeon, and Scrafty for now, rest are subject to change.

Quick note about the Hydreigon. I don't believe you have access to Deino for the majority of the game. However Trapinch is available fairly early on and Axew not soon after if you're interested in having a dragon type, and Altaria is available before the 7th badge.

(Additionally you're able to catch level 25 Braviary/Mandibuzz and a level 35 Volcarona fairly early on if that affects your team)

@Regis
Zorua is obtained at Driftveil which is fairly early on.

The thing about Hydreigon is that I plan to trade a Deino from another game that was bred with specific qualities. But you guys are probably right. Look to my original post for changes. One may suprise you. :biggrin:

Last edited:
i would strongly suggest considering a drak type, considering 2 of the 4 elite 4 (psychic and ghost) basically die to dark. maybe use zoroark or krookodile instead of garbodor?

For the last spot if I don't use Garbodor, I may choose one of the following Pokemon:

Accelgor
Escavalier
Absol
Zoroark
Klinklang
Cinncino (w/ Hidden Ability)
Leavanny
Liepard (w/ Hidden Ability)
Drapion
Aggron
Weavile
or something along those lines.

I dislike Iris as the champion for some reason, not only because of her character's design with the giant hair...thing...well probably mostly because of that. And the small influence from the anime likely since she's Ash's buddy this time around.

I dislike Iris as the champion for some reason, not only because of her character's design with the giant hair...thing...well probably mostly because of that. And the small influence from the anime likely since she's Ash's buddy this time around.

Haters gonna hate. :biggrin:

Anyway she's better than Alder IMO. Albeit a bit similar to Lance.

Back to pokemans, I just remembered you find Sneasel in Giant Chasm right before you fight Kyurem.

Alder would have been better if they developed him more, though I do agree he was a weak champ since he pretty much didn't want the position, yet took it anyways since others wanted him. I really don't see the Iris/Lance connection though, other than they're both dragon trainers; if that's true, Drayden could have just as easily fit that role.

Thing is I want a Unova pokemon in the last slot. Emboar would be the only pokemon on my team thats Unova native. Maybe I'll just go with Zoroark.

Upon further thought definitely drop Garbodor, and maybe Electivire. You have two Ground weaknesses as it is with Emboar and Lucario. If you want two Unova pokemon then Solosis isn't a poor choice, if not a tad slow once you first catch it. Also Liligant is quite a fun experience once it can spam Quiver Dance and Petal Dance.

I have made more changes to my team. I put Electivire and Garbodor in the "Maybe folder". New additions are Leavanny and Zoroark. Yay foxes. :biggrin:

Back