Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon X: The End Times

ILL-BILL

Pokemon Apocalypse : Revelation

Chapter 1
The Trainer

The thunderstorm had been raging for hours, and the canopy of the forest offered little protection from the downpour. Below the violently swaying branches of an ancient tree, a young man had set up camp. The roaring fire was hot, but his bed roll was soaked and his backside shivered as he sat close to the flames. It was times like this that brought the young man to wonder why he went on this God forsaken journey in the first place. He hadn’t slept in a real bed in weeks, and he was getting tired of eating fire roasted goldeen every night. Those two facts added to the thunderstorm made for a poor mood, and it was during these times the young man found himself daydreaming of his home in the Orange Islands.

As the young man was comforted by mental images of white beaches and blue skies, a stranger hiked up to the fire. It was a boy, no older than 12, wearing the trademark brand-new-pokemon-trainer outfit consisting of bright orange shorts with a yellow jacket, a backpack and of course, a baseball cap turned around backwards. As the boy invaded the camp, he invaded the young man’s daydream of white sand with a loud, “Aha!”

The young man was roused from his daydreaming. He leaped to his feet and had a pokeball in one hand and a wooden katana(boken) in the other. “Who are you kid, and what the heck are you doing out here in the middle of nowhere?”

The boy smiled and plucked an ultra ball from his belt. “Are you the one they call Ill Bill?”

The young man nodded, “Yea I’m Ill Bill, and I’m not taking on any apprentices so get lost!”

“I don’t want to be your pupil you fool!” The boy shouted, “I am here to challenge you!”

Bill put his boken back into his black belt. He looked like some sort of crazy martial artist as he wore the top half of a karate gi over his baggy UFO pants. His hair was black and formed into countless long spikes jutting out all over from his skull. His well muscled arms were covered in tattoos and he was tossing his pokeball up and catching it. “Alright kid,” he said, “I’ll take you on! Tyranitar!” Bill threw the pokeball into the air and it exploded with brilliant light that formed into a giant Tyranitar that towered above the two trainers.

“Go! Arcanine!” The boy yelled throwing the ultra ball. Out of this ball came an over sized Arcanine that let out a roar of challenge.

“You should have chosen another pokemon you fool. Now Tyranitar, use earthquake!”

Tyranitar roared and stomped his mighty foot on the forest floor, causing the ground to shake. The earth around Arcanine exploded and he was hurled into a tree. The tree snapped in half and fell over as Arcanine hit it, the boy had to dive out of the way to avoid being crushed.

“Return!” the boy held up his ultra ball and a beam of light shot out and engulfed Arcanine, then the light and Arcanine disappeared into the ball. Quick as a flash, the boy had another ball, a great ball this time, and he was throwing it. “Go get him, Salamence!”

This new pokemon was quite a bit larger than Arcanine and it wasted no time in attacking Tyranitar. The dragon pokemon Salamence flew up into the sky and circled once before diving straight for Tyranitar.

“Dig!” Bill yelled, and Tyranitar dove into the dirt like it was water, tunneling fast as lightning. The Salamence crashed into the ground at full force. As the dragon pokemon tried to recover, Tyranitar exploded from the ground and began beating the Salamence with two ton punches and kicks.

“Stop, please! I give up!” the boy screamed, running over to hug his pokemon. Tyranitar laughed, and it was the most demonic sound the boy had ever heard. Ill Bill put Tyranitar back into it’s pokeball and sat down at his fire as the rain began to stop.

The boy sat across from Ill Bill at the fireside, with a sour expression.

“Hey, don’t be discouraged kid, I have been a pokemon trainer since before I was your age,” said Bill, sipping from a bottle of Red Taros.

“Well, I beat all of the gym leaders in Kanto, and I heard that there was a powerful trainer traveling in the Mabel region. Nobody else could beat me, so I kind of hoped I could find you out here and face a real challenge. But losing feels so…bad.” The boy explained.

“You cant judge your power by facing gym leaders kid. I mean come on, grown adults losing to ten year old children who just got their first charmander? They’re weaklings in the real world. And as for Lt. Surge, well he just lets kids win. When I was 16, I was drafted into the army, and I served under him. We were sent on a mission to The Neffi African region to eradicate a small terrorist group that had been building power. Now you have to understand, people use pokemon as weapons, and our unit was no exception.”

“Pokemon as weapons?” the boy exclaimed.

“That’s right kid. I used my Tyranitar to level an entire village on that mission. And I watched Lt. Surge’s Raichu electrocute countless enemies. That thunderbolt attack just fries humans. What I’m saying is that until you use your pokemon in a real fight, don’t ever challenge a real trainer. That pokemon league crap is a child's game. There are forces at work to cause some real problems for this planet, beyond the petty schemes of Teams Galactic, Rocket, Magma, Aqua, or any other two bit team with enough money to supply a hundred weakling pokemon trainers with tacky outfits. That’s why I’m out in this wilderness. I’m on a quest.”

The boy laughed and said, “Sorry, its just that you being on a quest to save the planet sounds a little stereotypical.”

“Kid,” Bill said, “Get back to Kanto before you get yourself killed. Trainers in this region are the real deal, half of them have never heard of the pokemon league or its rules. One day we’ll battle again, so you better train those pokemon hard. By the way, what’s your name?”

“Me?” said the boy, “My name is Yellow. See ya around Ill Bill!” Yellow waved and was on his way as Ill Bill finished his Red Tauros and packed up camp. He slung his back pack over his shoulders, adjusted his boken in his belt, and began hiking down the trail again as he had before the thunder storm.

He hiked for several hours before he came to a sign reading, “Quartz Town 5 miles” Looking forward to hot food and a warm bed, Ill Bill picked up the pace, and jogged towards civilization.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

AHHHH what the heck man? It didnt let me indent between paragraphs!!!

man it didnt let me indent between paragraphs what the heck????

Last edited:
vBulletin doesn't allow that kind of formatting. Probably a better way (and the way most of us use) is to put a second line between each paragraph.

so, is this going to be like a pokemon manga special-like storyline. it should be, cuz your main character's name is yellow.

The main character is Ill Bill actually. See, Yellow is just a stereotypical trainer looking for a challenge. As such, he receives a generic pokemon trainer name. Yes this is my pokemon manga idea. A pokemon manga for those of us who have been pokemon trainers for 10 plus years, and deserve pokemon material with a more mature feel to it. The story is about Ill Bill and his quest to save the world.. from what? keep reading to find out!

o sort have gotten confused. i'm doing something like it, with the pokedexes and stuff. except from one region at a time, the trainers are chosen to go to a convention, and are paired up to fight against the cipher organization in Orre. it really is a great story, and has a lot more characters to start out w/ (one for every starter pokemon.) i should be posting it soon, hopefully.

Chapter 2
Showdown in Quartz Town

The sun was just beginning to set as Ill Bill came walking out of the forest and onto the paved street of Quartz town. Quartz was just one long street with shops and houses crowded together on either side, the first building on the left Bill spotted was an old pokemon center, with a big painting of a pokeball on a splintered wooden sign that hung on two chains from a post jutting out of the vinyl siding covered wall.

Bill had traveled a long way since the last time his pokemon were healed properly, all he’d been giving them was medicinal herbs from the forest. He walked through the automatic doors and into the tiny pokemon center lobby.

The lighting was dim, and the place smelled like dust. The walls appeared to be in desperate need of a coat of paint, and the cracked tile floor obviously hadn’t seen a mop since the old days.

“Welcome traveler, will ye be needin’ a heal fer your little monsters?” an ancient woman’s voice came from behind the old counter. It came from what could be the complete opposite of a nurse joy, an old, squat, wrinkled hag with a long crooked nose and a face covered in hairy moles.

“Yes ma’am. Have you got a machine?” Ill Bill pulled a leather strap from his cargo pocket, attached to which were six small balls, three pokeballs, an ultraball, a greatball, and a black pokeball that appeared to glow with purple light.

“No such thing in these parts sonny, let the little monsters out and my Chansey will take good care of ‘em.” The old woman said, releasing a big pink Chansey from a pokeball.

Ill Bill released five of his pokemon, and suddenly the lobby was feeling claustrophobic with an Alakazam, Tyranitar, Typhlosion, Starraptor, and Feraligatr standing there with him. The old woman looked at the curious black pokeball that remained unopened.

“What about that one? Couldn’t it use a rest?” said the old woman, reaching for the pokeball strap.

Bill moved away quickly and said, “Best not to let this one out.” He caressed the black pokeball with his fingers as he watched the Chansey heal his pokemon with her powers. When the job was done, he returned his pokemon to their balls and turned to leave.

“Wait a minute sonny, that’ll be 100 GP, at 20 GP a pokemon.” The old woman said in offensive tone.

“A pokemon center charging to heal pokemon?” said Bill, slowly pulling out his coin sack. “Outrageous,” he said, tossing a few gold coins on the counter.

“Gotta eat somehow, have a safe journey.” The old woman called as Ill Bill walked out the door.

By the time Bill made it out of the pokemon center, night had fallen. The street lamps were on and surrounded by buzzing insects attracted to the warm glow. He proceeded to walk down the main street when he noticed an inn. A smile brightened his face as the anticipation of cold drink and a warm bed overtook him.

Ill Bill walked into the crowded inn and up to the innkeeper, who stood behind the bar polishing a glass. “I’ll need a room and a bottle of cold drink inn keeper,” said Bill.

“The room will be 200 GP, and the drink is warm and costs 10 a bottle,” said the Innkeeper. Bill tossed some gold coins to the man and took his bottle of warm drink over to a small round table in the corner of the smoky room. He took off the cap and took a long drink, then surveyed the room. He knew that all too often, the local inn was the best place to gather information.

As Ill Bill scanned the room, something caught his eye, a beautiful woman with long blond hair, and bright blue eyes. She was wearing an extravagant black corset adorned with a big silver skull and crossbones in the center, a short black skirt with white lace around the bottom, and big black and white fuzzy leg warmers(google it to get a picture). And she was being harassed by a couple of drunk ruffians.

Ill Bill took another long drink and slammed the bottle down on the table, then he marched over to the woman and the drunk ruffians. “You there, what business do you have with the lady?” he said loudly. The two dirty men turned to face Bill.

“What of it?” one of the men asked, getting right up close to Bill. He could smell the ruffian’s putrid breath, almost taste it’s foul unbrushedness.

“Get out of my face you stinking drunkard,” Bill said, shoving the man out of his face. The man fell to the ground and then scrambled to his feet, holding a dirty pokeball in his blackened hand.

“I don’t need your help!” the woman said to Ill Bill, getting up out of her chair.

“We’ll take you both on!” the ruffian yelled, clutching his dirty pokeball, “Lets take this outside!”

“Very well. You up for this mister hero?” the woman asked Ill Bill.

“I hate scumbags like these, come on,” said Bill, leading the way out of the inn.

Ill Bill and the woman stood next to one another under a streetlamp, and the two drunkards stood across the street from them. “My name is Ill Bill, what’s yours?”

“Marcella, nice to meet you Ill Bill. Now lets take out the trash! Come on Electivire!” the woman yelled, throwing down an ultraball; A big, mean-looking Electivire was released. The big yellow and black beast stood there, with small bolts of electricity surrounding it.

Ill Bill waited to see what their opponents would be sending out. One of them sent out a Toxicroak, the other sent out a Golem. “Feraligatr!” Bill yelled, releasing his huge Feraligatr from a greatball.

“That thing is huge!” Marcella said, in awe of the giant water pokemon.

“Golem, use stone edge!”

“Toxicroak, just clobber that Electivire!”

While the Toxicroak began throwing punches at Electivire, the Golem used it’s power to tear up huge chunks of the street and hurled them at Feraligatr.

“Hydro cannon!!!” Ill Bill commanded. Feraligatr opened it’s huge mouth, and fired what appeared to be a pillar of water at the Golem. The fierce jet of water sent the chunks of street back at the Golem, and then hammered the big rock pokemon. The Golem looked like a leaf being washed off of a driveway with a fire hose, it rolled back and smashed an abandoned truck that was parked on the street; it did not get up.

“Electivire, give him a thunder punch!” Marcella ordered. Electivire pulled back it’s fist, and it began to glow with electricity. “Build up a big one Electivire, enough to knock him out with one hit!” Electivire charged up it’s fist, all the while allowing the Toxicroak to hit it with punches and kicks. Then Electivire fired off on the Toxicroak, with the mightiest thunder punch Ill Bill had ever seen, it put the purple frog on the ground, smoking.

“They’re too strong, use the last resort!” One of the ruffians yelled to the other.

“Right.” The dirty man pulled out a pokeball and tossed it out. The ball opened and released a pikachu. “Pikachu, thunder!!” the little electric mouse pokemon’s tail stuck straight in the air, and it released two bolts of lightning, one striking Feraligatr, and one striking Electivire, They both hit the ground, twitching.

“Return.” Ill Bill put away Feraligatr and pulled out another pokeball, “That pikachu isn’t normal. How could it have done that to your Electivire? Don’t send out any more pokemon, I’ll handle this, Tyranitar!” Ill Bill sent out Tyranitar. “Alright, Tyranitar, use earthquake to bury that pikachu!” Tyranitar jumped up and stomped on the street, making it explode around the Pikachu. The Pikachu was buried in the rubble, and Ill Bill was sure he had won, but then the pile of debris began to rustle.

The pile of broken pavement exploded with thunder, and the Pikachu jumped out and ran full steam at Tyranitar. “He’s using volt tackle!” Marcella yelled.

“Tyranitar, GRIND!!!!” Ill Bill ordered. Tyranitar began glowing with dark energy. As the Pikachu leaped up to perform the volt tackle, it was crushed by the awesome power of Tyranitar’s massive, armor plated body. The Pikachu was literally ground into the street.

Marcella looked away. “Don’t worry,” Ill Bill said to her, “That thing was unnatural, it had to be destroyed.”

“But it was so cute though!” said Marcella.

“Tyranitar, good work.” Bill put Tyranitar away. “As for you, do you have any more of those abominations?” He said, turning to face the ruffians.

“You think your so tough! Well how tough are you now!?” One of the ruffians yelled, whipping out a chrome 45 pistol.

Ill Bill had a pokeball in his hand faster than lightning, “Alakazam, reflect!!” Alakazam held up it’s spoons, and they bent as he raised a psychic shield around Ill Bill and Marcella.

The ruffian began firing at them, but the bullets stopped dead and fell to the ground at the force field Alakazam had created. Marcella screamed and covered her ears, Ill Bill was furious. “Shoot at me will you? Alakazam, Psycho Cut!” Alakazam slashed it’s spoons through the air, and sent purple blades of energy flying at the two ruffians; they were defeated (use your imagination).

“Return,” Ill Bill put Alakazam away and held out his hand to Marcella, “ I think we could both do with a drink after that, what do you say?”

“After you.” Marcella said, and she let Ill Bill lead her by the hand back into the inn.

:pokeball::pokeball::pokeball:
WHAT KIND OF POKEMON DOES ILL BILL HAVE IN THE MYSTERIOUS BLACK POKEBALL ? WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THE SUPERPOWER PIKACHU? JUST WHAT KIND OF QUEST IS OUR HERO ON ANYWAY? AND WHAT ROLE WILL THE BEAUTIFUL MARCELLA PLAY IN OUR TALE? STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT!!!

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK

Last edited:
pretty good. very detailed, you can see that this is really like the manga special, i love it!

Chapter 3
A Knockout

Ill Bill and Marcella sat off in a dimly lit corner of the inn at a small round table that was littered with empty bottles. Ill Bill finished another and set the empty glass bottle among the other five that were on his side of the table. “Care for another?” he asked, getting to his feet.

“I really shouldn’t, I’ve had too much already Bill,” said Marcella.

“One more then, I’ll pick up the tab.” And Ill Bill went off to the counter to get another round. He returned with two more brown bottles, and handed one to Marcella.

“So tell me again of this quest your on,” said Marcella, opening her bottle.

“Alright, I guess I can trust you. Where to begin?” said Bill, opening his own bottle, and taking a long drink.

“How about the beginning?” suggested Marcella.

Ill Bill set down his bottle, and turned it around a few times with his fingers. “Very well. As I said before, I was in the special military unit P.A.F., Pokemon Attack Force. We were trained to destroy large targets such as cities and military bases using our pokemon. Needless to say our pokemon had to be some of the most powerful in the world, and they were. On one mission I was sent to destroy an entire country in the middle east.”

“You were going to destroy an entire country with your pokemon?” asked Marcella in awe.

“I nearly did. And God forgive what I did in the line of duty. Then a strange man appeared, and he sent out his pokemon, an odd colored Dragonite, to battle my Charizard. The power of this Dragonite was unreal, and in one move, it incinerated my Charizard. There was nothing left of it but ash blowing away in the wind. I knew that this had to be the reason I was sent to lay waste to this nation, and that I didn’t stand a chance.”

“So what did you do?” asked Marcella.

“I had my Alakazam teleport me out of there. I was dishonorably discharged from P.A.F. and the armed forces. They said I should have died trying to stop the enemy, but there was no way I could have beaten that thing at the time. So I returned home to the Orange Islands to see my grandfather. It was there that I learned of a prophesy, describing the coming of unnaturally strong pokemon, that would eventually bring about the destruction of the earth.”

“But where are these super pokemon coming from?” Marcella asked, before taking another drink.

“I began doing all sorts of research on so called, ‘super pokemon’ and found out that a secret society rumored to exist was supposedly using some sort of black magic to possess pokemon with demonic spirits, giving them endless power. Of course that’s all just speculation, I don’t know exactly how they are doing it, but the goal of this secret society is to literally destroy the planet, in order to put an end to all life. The reason I believe this society exists is that it seems to go along perfectly with the prophesy I mentioned.”

“I know I’ve heard of that society, I think it’s called the Association for the advancement of death or something like that. So then why are you here in the Mabel region?” asked Marcella.

“You’ve heard of legendary pokemon right?” said Ill Bill.

“Of course, it’s every pokemon trainer’s dream to catch one isn’t it? That trainer Ash Ketchum has documented loads of them,” said Marcella.

“My grandfather says that only legendary pokemon will have the strength to stop the pokemon that they’re preparing to destroy the planet with. I’ve battled four so far including the Dragonite and that Pikachu we just fought, and I used normal pokemon to beat them all except that Dragonite. But stronger ones are coming, so I have to catch some legendary pokemon to stop them. Somewhere in this forest there is supposed to be a temple, containing something that can locate legendary pokemon. That’s why I’m here.”

“Then you have to let me join you Bill! I want some legendary pokemon too!” Marcella pleaded.

“You have some strong pokemon, I can see that. But are you sure you want to come with me? It’s going to be dangerous.” Ill Bill explained.

“I’m in! I can take care of myself!” said Marcella, finishing her drink and slamming it on the table.

“I’ve rented a room for the night, care to join me then?” asked Ill Bill, smiling devilishly.

“I’ve got my own room thank you! I thought you were a gentleman!” Marcella said in a disapproving tone, though she was smiling.

Ill Bill stood up, “It was worth a shot, see you in the morning then.”

The next morning was bright and clear, with no sign of rain or thunderstorms. A warm spring breeze was at their backs as Ill Bill and Marcella made their way down the dirt road through the dense forest. They were quickly becoming good friends, talking and laughing as they went. They walked for half of the day without incident, until something ambushed them.

“Get down!!” Ill Bill yelled, covering Marcella on the ground as a blast of energy just missed their heads. Ill Bill rolled and jumped to his feet, and he saw the source of the poorly aimed Focus Blast.

A huge Machoke was rushing at them, it’s muscles were tightly flexed, and it was dripping with sweat. Foam was beginning to form at the goliath’s mouth as it raged on. “Oh no! Look, someone’s removed it’s power save belt! “ Ill Bill yelled, ducking and dodging kicks and punches. Ill Bill threw a round house kick with all of his might at the Machoke, but as his rock-hard shin slammed into the pokemon’s skull, an evil smile spread on the beast’s lips. The Machoke then punched Ill Bill in the face so hard, he was thrown off the road and into the bushes, knocked unconscious.

“Bill, no! Go Pidgeot!!” Marcella yelled, hurling a poke ball. The giant bird pokemon soared out of the poke ball and then flapped its wings to hover, awaiting orders. “Drill Peck!” Pidgeot darted at the raging Machoke, spinning like a drill. It’s beak pierced the Mackoke’s chest, and nearly went all the way in, but the fighting pokemon grabbed the Pidgeot and stopped it from killing him. The Machoke then hurled Pidgeot away.

“That’s vital throw! But it’s not very effective against flying types,” said Marcella, as Pidgeot recovered in mid-air and soared back at the Machoke. “Brave Bird!!” Marcella yelled, and Pidgeot became a blur of fiery red light. The bird smashed into Machoke with the force of a head-on collision between two bullet trains. The Machoke hit the dirt and stayed down, knocked out. “That thing will recover fast without it’s power save belt! I know what to do,” said Marcella, reaching into her small purse-like back pack and retrieving an ultra ball. She then threw the ball with all of her strength at the Machoke.

The ultra ball beaned Machoke on the head and then opened, a red light engulfed the fighting pokemon and then drew it inside. The yellow, black and white ball shook violently a few times, then was still. “Alright! I’ve got a Machoke!!” Marcella cheered, jumping up and down with her newly caught pokemon.

Ill Bill slowly stumbled out of the weeds back onto the dirt road, rubbing his head. “Nice work, I think the only thing that could have stopped him was a flying type pokemon. A Machoke without it’s power save belt is extremely rare, your lucky.”

“I can’t believe you tried to fight with it, what were you thinking?” Marcella asked.

“Hey, I can beat a Machoke any day of the week, so long as they’re wearing a power save belt that is. Back home I trained with my Machoke all the time, that’s how I became such a strong martial artist.” said Ill Bill, tugging at his black belt with his thumbs. “Anyway, we should keep going, come on!”

“Yea, lets go.” And the two adventurers continued in search of the hidden temple.

WHO WOULD REMOVE THE POWERSAVE BELT FROM A MACHOKE? WHAT CAN LOCATE LEGENDARY POKEMON? WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO DESTROY THE PLANET!!? AND WILL THINGS BE HEATING UP BETWEEN ILL BILL AND MARCELLA? STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT!

PLEASE COMMENT ON THE STORY, WHAT OTHER POKEMON WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE IN MARCELLA'S TEAM? IF ANYONE REPLIES TO THIS I WILL FEATURE YOUR FAVORITE POKEMON, OR SILLY POKEMON YOU WANT HER TO HAVE!

Um, you know Pidgeot is NORMAL flying, right? So that means Vital Throw is normal effective against it. Just an FYI.

Well, I was just pointing that out. Anyway, what happens if you throw the bird into the ground, or a tree?=P JK, but you probably should have your characters say the stuff about the levels, something that let's the readers know. BTW, it's Pikamaster. One word, not two.>_>

kids stop fighting (i feel like the older bro to everyone). o ya, ill-bill, when is the next chapter coming out?

Chapter 4
Legend of the Hidden Temple

Ill Bill and Marcella had been hiking through the forest all day, and the sky was beginning to turn orange with the sunset. “We’d better set up camp before it gets too dark to find fire wood,” said Ill Bill, stopping and turning to Marcella.

“Right, over here looks good,” said Marcella, as she walked off the trail and under a giant evergreen tree. The forest floor beneath the tree was well covered with dead pine needles, making it look the color of rust, and it was very soft compared to the dirt road they had been traveling on all day.

Ill Bill joined her, and tossed open his bedroll under the huge tree. He noticed Marcella watching him. “What?” he asked.

“You don’t have a tent?” Marcella reached into her purse and pulled out what appeared to be a reading glasses case. She pressed a button on it and the lid popped open, and red light flashed out. When the light went away, there was a big luxurious tent set up next to Ill Bill’s bed roll.

“What the? How did you do that?” asked Ill Bill, flabbergasted.

“It’s the same technology as a pokeball, you’ve never seen one?” said Marcella.

“That’s great! I hate sleeping outside!” Ill Bill said, gathering up his bed roll.

“Whoa there! Shouldn’t you stay out here, you know, to keep watch? I mean, you don’t really think we can sleep together like this do you? We only just met and-”

“It’s okay, I’d prefer to stay out here in case somebody does show up,” Ill Bill said, pulling out a pokeball, “Typhlosion, get us a fire going!” Typhlosion popped out of the pokeball and roared a response. It then began gathering logs into a pile. The fire pokemon spit a flaming loogie on the pile of wood and it burst into flames. “Thanks Typhlosion! How about keeping watch with me tonight?” Ill Bill asked, patting Typhlosion’s belly. The pokemon nodded and sat down next to the fire.

“That’s a great pokemon you have there!” said Marcella, sitting down next to Typhlosion. Ill Bill sat on the other side of the big fire rat pokemon.

“Why did you become a pokemon trainer Marcella?” asked Bill.

“I wanted to be the very best, of course,” Marcella replied. “Well I wanted power at least.”

“And you seem to have found power in pokemon. But what do you want to do with the power of your pokemon?” asked Ill Bill.

“I just don’t want anyone to be able to push me around.”

“Well I’m going to get some sleep, We have to take off early in the morning.” said Ill Bill, laying down on his bedroll. Marcella unzipped her tent and began to climb inside.

“Good night Bill,” she said, before zipping up the tent behind her.

The next morning, Marcella awoke naturally after a good seven hours of sleep, feeling restored. She sat up in her tent and stretched, yawning. After putting on her clothes, she got out of the tent, and returned it to the capsule. “Huh?” she looked around the camp, the fire had been stoked, Ill Bill’s stuff had been packed up and was resting where his bedroll had been the night before, but there was no sign of him. Then she felt wind on the top of her head and looked up to see a huge Starraptor flying over the trees with great speed. She slung her small purse/ backpack over her shoulders and ran, following the bird.

Marcella weaved through the thick trees, leaping over logs and ducking under low branches. As she ran, she began to hear the sounds of pokemon fighting each other. She also kept hearing a loud smashing sound every ten seconds or so. Just as her lungs were beginning to burn, and she knew she wasn’t going to be able to keep her fast pace much longer, she burst through the trees and found herself on the bank of a wide stone-covered river bed. In this area, the river was only about 4 feet wide, the rest was dry rocks.

She also had stumbled upon what appeared to be an intense training session. Ill Bill’s pokemon were all engaged in some form of exercise or another. Typhlosion was standing in the water up to it’s waist, and it kept going under the water and coming back up with a huge boulder, which it would throw at Alakazam. Alakazam was sitting cross legged on an enormous rock, and as the boulders came flying at him, his spoons would bend and he would stop them in mid air, before they smashed him. Then Alakazam would use psycho cut to slice up the rocks, before he used his psychic powers to shoot them with blinding speed at Feraligatr. Feraligatr stood strong and took the full force of the rocks as they pounded all over his body, and after the stone barrage ended, he would blast Tyranitar with water as the giant armor plated pokemon did one handed push-ups.

Then Marcella spotted Ill Bill, right beside Tyranitar doing one handed push-ups with his pokemon, getting drenched from Feraligatr’s overspray. She watched as he switched hands, right along with Tyranitar, not missing a beat. She counted as he cranked out 50 reps before finally jumping up to his feet. She watched as he began shadow boxing, throwing kicks and punches all over the riverbed. His form was excellent, and his muscles were all pumped up from the push-ups and glistening, dripping with water. She suddenly felt hot.

Just then Ill Bill performed a flying side kick and landed just below Marcella. He noticed her, and dropped his fighting stance. He turned his head and called to his pokemon, “Good workout guys, go ahead and take a break!” at this, they all stopped training and relaxed.

“I didn’t know you were so strong Bill!” Marcella said, leaping off the bank and down onto the rocks.

“Gotta stay in shape, in case there’s trouble. Besides, I don’t just train pokemon, I’m a competitive martial artist,” said Bill, with his hands on his hips. He walked over to where his karate gi was hanging on a branch next to a towel. He took the towel and began wiping his face.

“I can see that,” said Marcella.

“Time to hit the showers,” said Ill Bill, walking towards Feraligatr. “All right Feraligatr, climb up on this rock and give me a shower.”

Feraligatr grunted and climbed up onto the huge rock. “Hey, could I get some privacy here please?” said Ill Bill, turning back to Marcella.

“Oh sure, sorry!” said Marcella. She turned her back to Bill, blushing.

“Let her rip Feraligatr!” Bill said, and Feraligatr opened his mouth and sprayed him with the same consistency as a household shower. “Thanks buddy!” said Ill Bill, wrapping his towel around his waist. “It’s all yours Marcella!”

“I’m not going to take a shower out here like this!” Marcella shouted.

“I won’t look, I promise! Come on, it took years to get him to use the right pressure. And it took even longer than that to get him to make the water warm!” said Bill, pulling on his pants.

“Well, it does sound pretty good. Alright, but no peeking!” And Marcella walked over to where Bill had showered. She got ready and stood under Feraligatr, the giant blue alligator pokemon opened his mouth and gave her a shower.

Ill Bill had thought of watching, but thought better of it, as he wanted Marcella to trust him. So he got dressed and made his way back to camp. As he walked up to the now smoldering fire and threw a few small logs on, Starraptor landed next to him. The wind from the giant bird made the fire rush back to life. Starraptor let out a few quick chirps.

“You found it? Excellent! Then as soon as she gets back we’ll go,” said Ill Bill, as he set a small kettle on some hot coals.

Marcella was enjoying her shower when she heard a rustling in the woods. She got the feeling of being watched, and it creeped her out. “Bill, you promised not to watch!!” she shouted, scrambling to put her clothes back on. There was no answer. “Bill?” she called.

Just then an enormous Steelix came barreling out of the forest at Marcella, roaring. Just before the Steelix crushed her, Tyranitar jumped between them and punched the Steelix aside like a child’s plaything. As the Steelix turned to attack again, Typhlosion hit it with flame thrower, then Feraligatr chimed in with hydro pump! The Steelix rolled over onto it’s back, knocked out.

Marcella saw a red beam of light shoot out of the woods and hit the Steelix, absorb it, then disappear back into the dense forest. “Show yourself! Why are you attacking me?” Marcella yelled, now fully dressed. The woods remained silent. “Thank you guys for saving me, I never would have gotten to my pokemon in time.” Marcella and Ill Bill’s pokemon then made their way back to camp.

“What? Someone attacked you? That’s horrible!” said Ill Bill, finishing his cup of coffee. “Would you like a cup of coffee before we move on?”

“No thanks, I don’t do caffeine. So your Starraptor found the temple?” asked Marcella. Starraptor screeched. All of the rest of Ill Bill’s pokemon were now back in their poke balls.

“Yes. Lets fly there to save time,” said Ill Bill, climbing up onto Starraptor’s back. Marcella pulled out a poke ball.

“Pidgeot, I need to fly,” said Marcella, releasing the giant bird. Pidgeot leaned down to allow Marcella to climb up on it’s back. “We’ll follow,” said Marcella.

The two bird pokemon took off, with their trainers upon their backs. They soared over the forest, riding the wind current. Finally they came down and landed on an ancient brick road. Looming over them was an old temple, built of giant bricks and covered with statues of legendary pokemon.

Ill Bill and Marcella put their pokemon away and looked up the stone steps at the temple. “Look, someone’s there!” said Ill Bill.

The figure at the top of the stairs turned and looked down at them. It was a young man dressed in all jet black. He turned his back on them, and there was a white star on his shirt. He slowly walked into the temple, and out of sight.

Who was it that sicked their Steelix on Marcella? Who is this mysterious person dressed in black? Just what is in this temple any way!!!?

STAY TUNED TO POKEMON APOCALYPSE: REVELATION TO FIND OUT!

Pretty good. The characters are a bit unrealistic (you don't want them all to be Superman, give them obvious weaknesses that actually affect the story), but otherwise everything looks okay. :thumbsup:

Alright, I see how one could assume Ill Bill is a superman because he did 50 one handed push ups on each hand. If you want to see people doing one handed push ups then go on you tube. I can do one handed push ups (I admit I can only do 10 at a time) the character is loosely based on myself, using my fave pokemon, and I am a martial artist and I train very hard. In fact all I do is work out, play pokemon cards and video games, and write/draw. Ill Bill was knocked out by the Machoke that wasn't wearing a powersave belt, so he can be defeated. As for Marcella, all we know is that she can run pretty far before she has to stop, which anyone in decent shape can do. Their pokemon which are all lvl 100 plus save for the newly caught machoke will have challenges that are actually difficult in the near future. I have hinted towards super pokemon, and legendaries. Also they will have trainers to battle that are walking around with fully maxxed out pokemon.

But lucario, I do see your point, your saying that every time the characters run into trouble, it is all to easy for them to handle it, making them appear invincible and making it seem that maybe there won't be any real challenges to face rendering the story rather boring. Thank you for pointing that out to me PS i love your story- eternal bonds!

STAY TUNED AS OUR HEROES ARE ABOUT TO FACE THEIR FIRST REAL CHALLENGE IN
POKEMON APOCALYPSE: REVELATION!!!

Last edited:
Chapter 5
Ashinto

Ill Bill and Marcella climbed the stairs to the ancient temple. Weeds and vines were growing out of every crack and the whole thing almost blended in to the forest. As they reached the top of the stone stairs, there was no sign of the strange young man dressed in black.

“Where’d that guy go?” said Marcella.

Ill Bill led the way through the giant stone arch that served as a doorway into the temple. “He must have gone in already, come on,” said Bill.

They hadn’t gone far into the temple corridor before they couldn’t see a thing. Marcella pulled out a poke ball in the darkness. “Electivire, flash,” she said, and the big yellow beast shined brightly, illuminating the way. As the light shined on the walls, it revealed strange hieroglyphics of unknown origin.

The corridor had no doors, and it led them down several flights of stairs. The further down they went, the colder and damper it became. They could hear water dripping from the ceiling somewhere. Finally the corridor opened up into a huge room that had been lit up by torches on the walls. In the center of the room was a large chest, and the young man in black was standing there examining it.

The young man must have heard their footsteps. He did not face them but he said, “Who are you?”

“I’m known as Ill Bill, who are you?”

“Ill Bill eh? Pretty funny name if you ask me,” the young man said, now turning to face them.

“Who asked you? Anyway what did you come here for?” Ill Bill asked, stepping closer to the young man.

“My name is Ashinto, I’m here searching for something my master was trying to find before he died,” the young man said, turning back to the chest.

“Ashinto, the champion of Hoen, are you serious? Even people from the Mabel region have heard of him, and there’s not even a pokemon league here,” said Marcella.

“So Ashinto, what was it your master was trying to find?” asked Ill Bill.

“I’m not sure. But I think what ever it is it’s in this chest,” said Ashinto.

Ill Bill stepped up to the chest. It had a giant lock on it. “This things made of stone, I think I can smash it,” said Bill, raising his fist.

“No you fool, you could damage what’s inside. Allow me,” Ashinto made a fist and flexed his arm, and as he did so, several razor sharp claws slid out of slots in his skin.

“What the,” Ill Bill stared at the claws.

“Hiya!” Ashinto made a lightning fast movement and slashed the lock right off the chest. He then kicked open the lid. Inside they found a round, flat electronic device with a dark green screen. Ashinto removed it, and hit a button on the side. The device flashed and came to life, words in some strange unknown language started running across the screen. It then displayed what appeared to be a world map, with little shining dots scattered across the continents.

“That must be a legendary pokemon radar!” Marcella said, snatching it out of Ashinto’s hands and takinga closer look.

“Hey! What makes you say that?” Ashinto asked.

“My grandfather sent me on this quest to find it, and catch legendary pokemon,” said Bill.

Ashinto appeared to be deep in thought, “Master, is this what you were searching for? A legendary pokemon radar? But why?” he said to himself.

“Look, the closest dot is right here in Mabel, about 1000 miles south of here,” said Marcella.

“Theres no time to lose, lets go!” said Bill, and he and Marcella started running back to the corridor.

“Wait!” Ashinto shouted, snapping out of his deep thoughts, “If my master was trying so hard to find that, then it must be important for me to capture legendary pokemon too, so I must come with you!”

Ill Bill didn’t even look back, “Come on then!” he shouted, and they all left the temple together.

Ill Bill and Marcella stood waiting on the old brick road while Ashinto went into the forest to gather his things. When he emerged from the thick underbrush, Ashinto was wearing a silvery white cloak and had a small rucksack slung over one shoulder. Marcella tossed her long blonde hair back and said, “Alright, let’s get going already! Pidgeot, lets Fly!” She released her Pidgeot, and at the same time, Ill Bill let out his Starraptor.

“Ahhh! Get away!” Ashinto screamed, backing away from the giant bird pokemon. Ill Bill and Marcella looked at each other then at Ashinto. “I had a traumatic experience with an evil Lugia when I was a kid, birds terrify me!” Ashinto explained.

“How are we going to cover 1000 miles if we don’t fly?” aske Bill.

Ashinto seemed to regain his composure, “I’ll follow you guys on my Togekiss,” said Ashinto, pulling out a poke ball. He released Togekiss into the air and it swooped down to allow Ashinto to climb on. Ill Bill and Marcella climbed aboard their respective birds and the three of them took flight.

Ill Bill was in the lead, with Marcella close behind and Ashinto staying well back. It was mid afternoon so they flew with the sun to their right, soaring above the clouds. Once the clouds broke up, they could see that they were now flying over grassy plains instead of forest.

All of a sudden Ill Bill saw a bright beam of light fly past his head and then disappear. He looked behind him and saw three people in black hooded cloaks pursuing his party on three large Aerodactyls. More hyper beams flew past and one grazed Starraptor, it swerved off course with a smoking wound in it’s side. Ill Bill, Marcella, and Ashinto flew around to engage the enemy.

“Air slash!” Marcella yelled, and Pidgeot darted head on at one of the Aerodactyls. The Aerodactylblasted a hyper beam right into Pidgeot’s face, knocking it out and throwing Marcella from the bird’s back. Marcella used her poke ball to recall Pidgeot as she plummeted to earth.

“Starraptor, use your agility and catch her now!!” Ill Bill commanded. His bird began to glow, and it dove almost straight down towards Marcella. Starraptor swooped under Marcella and she landed in Ill Bill’s lap. She wrapped her arms around his neck and held on as Starraptor took them down to the ground.

“You saved me!” said Marcella, still holding on tight to Ill Bill.They landed on the grass near a large tree and looked to the sky. Ashinto was battling all three of the aero dactyl riders by himself.

“Extreme speed!” Ashinto yelled, and Togekiss slammed into one of the Aerodactyls so fast in couldn’t even cry out before it was sent with it’s rider falling out of the sky. The other two Aerodactyls shot hyper beams at Togekiss, but the gentle giant flying pokemon avoided them with ease. “Get ready to give them a sky attack Togekiss!” Ashinto yelled to his pokemon.

Togekiss began glowing with blue energy. It then became a mass of shocking blue light as it sped towards the Aerodactyls. The two Aerodactyls fired hyper beams but they were absorbed by the light. Togekiss smashed the Aerodactyls with it’s mighty sky attack, and they fell to the ground along with their riders.

Togekiss swooped down to where Ill Bill and Marcella stood watching the battle. Ashinto jumped off and said, “Come on lets go see who those guys wre!”

“Right!” said Ill Bill, and they ranin the direction the hooded Aerodactyl riders had fallen. “I think they went down over here.”

“Where are they? I saw them fall right in this area!” said Marcella.

“They’re gone.” said Ashinto.

“Now we’ll have to go on foot, My Pidgeot needs medical attention,” said Marcella, holding Pidgeot’s poke ball in her hands, caressing it.

Ill Bill pulled his Boken out and rested it on his shoulder. He then put Starraptor away and sent out Feraligatr. “Feraligatr, your going to hike with us in case I need you,” said Ill Bill. Feraligatr growled. Marcella sent out her Electivire and Ashinto sent out his Metagross. “Alright, somebody is trying to kill us, so keep a l;ook out and be ready for anything.”

“Right!” Marcella and Ashinto said in unison, and they continued to make their way south.

It seems that somebody has it out for our heroes. Who are these hooded hoodlums? Stay tuned to pokemon apocalypse: Revelation! to find out!!!

Interesting.
You're one of these writers who puts real people into his stories, I see. Just be careful that you don't get too sidetracked. It might attract readers, but the quality of your fic should be a higher priority.

Yes, don't get sidetracked. While it may be fun to have someone real in your story, don't shift the focus to just that character. Also, why copy Wolverine? If it won't play some significant role, you shouldn't have that.

ya, u used ashi. and an explanation w/ the claws (i added it), well, he hasn't shown the pokemon yet...but there's a huge side story to ashi (ashinto). if u want, i can put the past of him on the gym.

Back