Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

PokePower-PokeBody?

QWERT392001

I am a little confused, Mt Moon says Stop all PokePowers with less than 70 HP..OK that doesn't affect PokeBodys right? But Magbys sputter says all Pokemon Powers are turned off, which I understand does affect PokeBodys, and Igglybuff PokePower allows you to turn off the PokePower of 1 of your opponents bench Pokemon, which I understand does include PokeBodys. Can someone explain to me the differences, and what logic is used for theses decisions. I have read that Pokebodys are just another form of a PokePower.

Pokemon Power=Poke-Powers/Poke-Bodies

Pokemon Powers are an overall title....

Where as Poke-Power is one divison and Poke-Body is another division

You're using PokePower interchangeably with Pokemon Power and the two are not equal to each other.

Pokemon Power is the overall concept while PokePower and PokeBody are subsets within the larger concept of Pokemon Powers.
Igglybuff does not have a PokePower. It has a Pokemon Power.

Poke-bodies are generally defensive, while poke-powers are generally offensive.

I prefer explaining it as Passive and Agressive. You generally don't have to activate a Body, it's always there, so it's always taken into account. Powers are activated, therefore you can choose when to use them.

If it is a Poke-Body, it is always on, like it or not. I've used my opponent's Poke-Bodies against them before.

If it is a Poke-Power, it can be activated by the player, but if the player doesn't want it to be used, it isn't used. Poke-Powers specifically use 'may' for a reason.

Both can be triggered by other effects, but Poke-Powers have the option of becoming triggered.

Pokemon Powers existed before Poke-Powers and Poke-Bodies. Starting with the E-Card sets, Pokemon Powers were split into these two categories.

That's about it.

Also, if Card A shuts off Poke-Powers and Card B shuts off Poke-Bodies, and both A and B are in play at the same time and all requirements for their effects are met, then the old Pokemon Powers are also shut off. For example, if somebody had a Space Center (shuts off all Basic non-ex Pokemon Poke-Bodies) and a Pidgeot d in play (shuts off all non-d Poke-Powers), all non-d non-ex Basic Pokemon Powers would be shut off (like Jungle Mr. Mime or Igglybuff).

Also, if Card A shuts off Poke-Powers and Card B shuts off Poke-Bodies, and both A and B are in play at the same time and all requirements for their effects are met, then the old Pokemon Powers are also shut off.

Totally disagree. Poké-Powers get shut off if a single source shuts off both Poké-BODY's & Poké-POWER's. Have 2 seperate entities shut off 1 should not effect Poké-Powers.

The rule is if it effects both BODY & POWER then it effects Poké-Powers. 1 & 1 does not get to 2 in this case.

Totally disagree. Poké-Powers get shut off if a single source shuts off both Poké-BODY's & Poké-POWER's. Have 2 seperate entities shut off 1 should not effect Poké-Powers.

The rule is if it effects both BODY & POWER then it effects Poké-Powers. 1 & 1 does not get to 2 in this case.

Actually, we discussed this in the rules team recently.
If all bases are covered, then Pokemon Powers are shut off. It doesn't matter if it's from a combo of cards.

That rule going to be published in the Rules Team Meeting logs?

Actually, we discussed this in the rules team recently.
If all bases are covered, then Pokemon Powers are shut off. It doesn't matter if it's from a combo of cards.

As Spock would say, facinating (though it would only come into play in unlimited). I can't really think of a viable combo that makes it possible.

I assume that would apply on both a local level as well as a global level.

Back