Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Politoad :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

poisonmaster

Haha so I just decided to try this!
Would never attempt to play in competetive, it's just too risky, but I like it for fun!

Pokemon: 19

Spiritomb AR x4
Chatot MD x1
Poliwag UL x4
Poliwhirl UL x3
Politoad LA x2
Poliwrath LA x2
Uxie LA x2
Unown Q x1

Trainers: 29

Bebe's x4
Quick Ball x2
Professor Oak's New Theory x3
Judge x3
Luxury Ball x1
Rare Candy x3
Broken Time Space x2
Dawn Stadium x2
Cynthia's Feelings x2
Pokemon Collector x3
Pokemon Communicator x2
Flower Shop Lady x2

Energy: 12

Water x4
Fighting x5
Warp x3

Strategy:

Well first I need to start with Spiritomb for the fact that for Politoad's Power to work, I need Toad, Poliwag, Poliwhirl, and Poliwrath all on the field! Trainer lock hinders me a bit, but it's the most efficient way to keep my opponent slow while I set up.
If I can get all of them out (which is the problem), it adds 60 damage to each of their attacks! 60 is a lot, but getting them all out is the problem.
Once I get that power flowing, Poliwrath becomes my main attacker!

I need to find a way to get all of those out fast, and a way to keep them all surviving!
Since I need 4 pokemon out (1 of them being my active) it leaves me 2 bench spaces to do whatever with! Most of the time, at least one of them will be occupied by Uxies because draw power is crucial for this deck, but then the Uxies become dead weight...

You can use cards with Call for Family/Friends to grab Poliwags and Uxies.

Manectric PL protects your Benched well. It just can't protect itself and may end up as a bench sitter.

If you're worried about Uxie, you can either SSU it or have it Psychic Restore into your deck.

manectric pl is definitely the way to protect your bench. you might want to add one or two bench shields to protect manectric as he cant protect himself.

i would also use the UL poliwrath instead of the la one. with the ul poliwrath, you can do 100 damage for 2 energies plus 20 to a bench, or up to 160 with his second attack. if you did use this poliwrath, some dce energies might come in handy

Last edited:
Nice!

Do you think this deck could be tournament worthy?
I think if you could pull it off, and keep everything alive then
you'd have a HUGE damage dealer, but the problem is in order
to keep the damage flowing NOTHING can die...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back