Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

POP ID problems

JasonthePwnda

For the IL State Championships, they didn't allow me to use my old POP ID but instead assigned me a new one, on some card-type thing. It says I need to activate a "My Pokemon" account by going to http://op.pokemon-tcg.com, and following the "activation links." However, I can't find anything there that would be similar to this. How do I use my new ID number?

JasonthePwnda said:
For the IL State Championships, they didn't allow me to use my old POP ID but instead assigned me a new one, on some card-type thing. It says I need to activate a "My Pokemon" account by going to http://op.pokemon-tcg.com, and following the "activation links." However, I can't find anything there that would be similar to this. How do I use my new ID number?

The TO should not have given you that new card yet, since the system is not up and running yet. You will be able to activate your card in the future, but your old POP# should still work.

i dont even think he knows my current POP ID, I told it to him but he didnt write it down or anything, not that I really care about rankings but this would make a pretty impressive rank.

Agreed that stuff was not meant to be distributed yet. Pokemon Organized Play is sort of pushing the reset button on the site to fix several problem including players learning and using their POP IDs. The site SHOULD be out any day, there has been some delays from the idiots who pulled off those April's fools day jokes I believe so we are behind a bit.

OK, now that everything s finally out, I can't use my POP ID on the card. It won't let me type it in, and I dont have the password for it. How do I do it?

mysterioustrainer said:
The site SHOULD be out any day, there has been some delays from the idiots who pulled off those April's fools day jokes I believe so we are behind a bit.

IMO, The site should have been out months ago, instead of time spent doing pointless updates to wallpapers and articles which have little insight to the actual metagame. If you've got a problem with the idiots who pulled off those April fools day jokes, feel free to contact them. Bashing them in a public forum on a totally unrelated issue, an issue you have no authority or insight over, is ignorant... =/

The ONLY reason why the joke was so potent was because there are and have been severe problems with Organized Play's structure. That was something that was not as a result of the joke. If we had a period with mild sucessful relations and communication within Pokemon USA, the prank would have had less of a sucessful run. Unfortunatly, the cruelest April Fools jokes end up remaining to be the most talked about and remembered. This was just a joke placed at the correct time, when there were and still are problems within the structure of Organized Play. I know many of people directly involved who spouted out emails and phonecalls to PUI complaining about all the work they do, the problems they have to go through, and the result was the game was ended. It was needed and it will probably place some more stress on the company to actually get things rolling. From all those emails and on this board, they know that this is a very unstable time and should now be addressing those problems that have plagued the Organized Play program since it's beginnings in October 2003.
-Phil

SIGNING UP ON THE NEW WEBSITE
1. If you have a POP ID (not from the new ID cards) CLICK ON SIGN UP
2. Input ur birthday
3. The next screens depends on how old you are. If over age then it will ask you for your POP ID
this is where you put in ur ID#
4. the next page (if i remember correctly asks for your password which you were given at the time you were given your Pop ID)
5. The next page will ask you for Registration Info (fill in what is necessary and following the prompts)
6. after all this you will get an email.

pm me if you need more help.

GymLeaderPhil said:
IMO, The site should have been out months ago, instead of time spent doing pointless updates to wallpapers and articles which have little insight to the actual metagame. If you've got a problem with the idiots who pulled off those April fools day jokes, feel free to contact them. Bashing them in a public forum on a totally unrelated issue, an issue you have no authority or insight over, is ignorant... =/

The ONLY reason why the joke was so potent was because there are and have been severe problems with Organized Play's structure. That was something that was not as a result of the joke. If we had a period with mild sucessful relations and communication within Pokemon USA, the prank would have had less of a sucessful run. Unfortunatly, the cruelest April Fools jokes end up remaining to be the most talked about and remembered. This was just a joke placed at the correct time, when there were and still are problems within the structure of Organized Play. I know many of people directly involved who spouted out emails and phonecalls to PUI complaining about all the work they do, the problems they have to go through, and the result was the game was ended. It was needed and it will probably place some more stress on the company to actually get things rolling. From all those emails and on this board, they know that this is a very unstable time and should now be addressing those problems that have plagued the Organized Play program since it's beginnings in October 2003.
-Phil

Phil,
We thought the joke was pretty funny. It didn't really cause any issues in the launch of our website though.

There are far, far more issues involved in developing a database and website like ours than you can even imagine.

As for this comment:

"I know many of people directly involved who spouted out emails and phonecalls to PUI complaining about all the work they do, the problems they have to go through, and the result was the game was ended."

Would you care to clarify what you're talking about? What 'game'?

Prof. Dav

Back