Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Possibility of a BW10 before XY's release?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter994x

W still don't know how XY1 will be handled overseas due to the game's simultaneous worldwide release and the games don't come out until October.

BW10, if it's coming, will be Japan's July set. So do you think BW9 is the last set of BW era or will there be a BW10?

I'm pretty sure that if they DO make a BW10, it will be a LOT of filler cards for our August set. I honestly think that the BW-Era will be over after BW9 UNLESS they make BW10. Then, our BW9 will be a 200 card Black & White Finale. If X & Y come out at the same time, make the cards come out at the same time as well so Japanese cards can be played in America with no dispute on the rule. XD

I doubt our BW9 would cram in Japan's BW10 (which I expect will happen), it'd probably already be over 100 cards just with Megalo Cannon, Shiny Collection (which I expect will be there) and whatever decks Japan has. I get the feeling we'll either get an extra set or the cards split between BW9 and XY1. Extra set does make sense, I'd imagine they realize the problem this would otherwise cause. ;p

Extra set would also mean we would probably actually get the Exciting Battle cards, which would otherwise likely be skipped.

Boundaries crossed was Boundaries crossed was big enough; We already have 1xx plasma freeze cards, and we have a bunch of English equivalent Megalo cannoncards to be translated. We also havent seen the FA darkrai and giratina non-ex's in english yet.

I think BW10 will be a mini-set, something like 10-20 cards. That way, they can fold it into our BW9 without too much fuss. Alternatively, Japan might get a "preview" set of XY, kind of like how America got BW cards before they got the game.

I am guessing that there will be a huge gap between releases of the last BW set, the first XY set, and the second XY set. I am basing this off the fact that Japan's HS4, BW1, and BW2's release came out in huge gaps, which is why we have filler sets (Call of Legends and Emerging Powers) sandwiched between the Black and White base set.

The best case scenario, one that won't put us behind the Japanese releases.

Final BW set is Megalo Cannon

XY1 releases in October

XY2 releases in March 2014

The gap in these sets is exactly the same as Clash at the Summit, Black and White Collection, and Red collection, which in that case is 5 month gap and 7 month gap between sets respectively, but in my best case prediction case, 7 month gap, and 5 month gaps. Besides, before a major new generation TCG release, we always get a filler set anyway. This time, we probably won't need one. If they release XY1 in October, we have one month translation to release ours in November.

If there were to be a set in 2-4 months, wouldn't we already know about it? The basic info for the last few reached retailers around the time the previous set was released.

Oh no!
They can't finish BW EX-era without printing Arceus EX...
=\

There are still many legendary EXs that haven't been printed.

One more BW set should be enough for the Pokemon-EX that matter. Suicune, Manaphy (who has gotten a regular card, so might not get an EX anyway, similarly to the lake trio), Arceus, Regice and Regirock are the only ones remaining. (The lake trio in Megalo Cannon are clearly intended as a substitute.) Hmm, I guess that makes one more BW set quite likely. Heh, if we do get one last single set, it will be the only time in the BW era Japan got two single sets in a row. (They mostly alternated between single sets and paired sets, with two paired sets back to back once).Hey, come to think of it... Megalo Cannon was the only set that had more than 4 Pokemon-EX. Maybe they intended it and the final set to have 5 to do them all.

I was talking to a couple friends and the numbers would work out to 7 remaining legendarys(dont remeber them offhand) including arceus. With those numbers 6 exs could go into BW10 and arceus could get his own mini set with 1 of each type arceus and arceus EX and his plates could be a search engine to find arceus of different type(or tools that change arceus' type accordingly.

There are 8 legendaries that have yet to get an EX. Suicune, Regice, Regirock, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Manaphy and Arceus. More if you count Phione (who, while I do actually consider it legendary, won't get an EX) and the alternate formes of Deoxys, Giratina, Shaymin, Meloetta, Landorus and Thundurus. Japan has EX's for Latios, Latias, Jirachi, Deoxys, Heatran, Dialga, Palkia, Virizion, Thundurus, Genesect and Meloetta, and the rest exist worldwide.

I don't think Arceus will get any special treatment if it is released. I think the fact we haven't had any Arceus since Platinum: Arceus shows their reluctance at doing another Arceus overload. Actually, they haven't done any Rotom or Unown formes for quite a while, either. (I mean all of them, the Plasma Storm Rotom doesn't count. >.>) I think they've stopped doing subsets of specific Pokemon, and I don't blame them. Arceus-EX will likely just be a pretty good standalone EX.

Alternate/"Therian" form of Landorus has an EX, and it's in fact the regular one that doesn't.
Japan also has the "Therian" form of Thundurus as an EX while there is no normal/"Incarnation" form of Thundurus EX.
Sorry if I'm just not understanding what you meant and "Alternate" just means "the other one".

While there are still a good number of legendaries do not yet have EX forms (or cards at all in Modified), it's notable that the "legendary dog" trio or whatever you want to call it is missing Suicune, and the "Regi" group is only half full. Meanwhile, some of the DPP legendaries have full groups that have been excluded so far. That doesn't mean they might get all tossed in together in one set, like the Legendary Birds in Plasma Storm, but that would limit the other EX to be added...

Who knows?

If only America could make mini sets. And not just squish cards together. And I was Hoping for maybe an accelerated release of the last BW sets so that when the games come out simultaneously, we can get the cards simultaneously. So that way for like worlds and stuff Japan can have the same format. Which would promote more international tournaments. I mean how long does it take to translate.

I feel like we won't ever see EXs for some of the legendaries. I base this off the fact that, in the last few sets in Japan, we've gotten Manaphy, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, and Suicune as non-EX cards. If you take those out of the missed Legendaries list, that leaves only Regirock, Regice, and Arceus out. We could easily see non-EX version of these in the first X&Y set, or in a small mini-set to fill the gap.

Overall, I think the way they handled the EX's was pretty poor. They made Black and White Kyurem twice, reprinted Mew EX, left out FA Moltres and Zapdos and reprinted Tornadus EX in its Therian form. Personally, I think they should have left out the two Kyurems and put in FA Articuno and Moltres. They should have left out the first Tornadus in favor of a different EX. They should have opted for Manaphy EX instead of Mew EX in the Shiny Collection. Finally, I think they could have handled the different forms (minus Kyruem) by reprinting Giritina and the Genies as promos with different art. With all this in place, we would only need 6 Legendaries (not including Phione) to be printed in the last set AND a number of promos to cover the alternate forms of some of the existing EX's.

Thats how I would have done it anyway.

The planning of the Pokemon included in each set/deck has been pretty off for the entire BW era, really. I don't mind repeating Unova Pokemon half a dozen times because it's obviously their first time in the spotlight, but then they started doing older Pokemon and we got three Lapras before one Dewgong or Cloyster card, two Grimer/Muk but no Gulpin/Swalot, Blaziken and Sceptile but no Swampert, Gallade many sets after Gardevoir, Snorunt/Glalie without Froslass, every Pseudo-Legendary but Tyranitar, etc.

I'm kind of glad that they're not following any set patterns. It gets boring for certain Pokemon to always come in sets.

Overall, I think the way they handled the EX's was pretty poor. They made Black and White Kyurem twice, reprinted Mew EX, left out FA Moltres and Zapdos and reprinted Tornadus EX in its Therian form. Personally, I think they should have left out the two Kyurems and put in FA Articuno and Moltres. They should have left out the first Tornadus in favor of a different EX. They should have opted for Manaphy EX instead of Mew EX in the Shiny Collection. Finally, I think they could have handled the different forms (minus Kyruem) by reprinting Giritina and the Genies as promos with different art. With all this in place, we would only need 6 Legendaries (not including Phione) to be printed in the last set AND a number of promos to cover the alternate forms of some of the existing EX's.

Thats how I would have done it anyway.

In regards to the Kyurem EXs, Kyurem is the mascot of BW2 so it getting multiple iterations isn't surprising (keep in mind the second set of all the Kyurem were decks in Japan), and I have a feeling that some of the alternate forms of legendaries (ie. Origin Giritina) got left out as they aren't as relevant at the moment as say the Genie trio since they don't have the spotlight atm.

I wouldn't doubt seeing another reprint set like CoL happening although that means no new EX's in that set but we would get Darkrai and Giritina FAs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back