Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Possible Fossil Deck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killjoy

hey, guys, i want to try out a fossil deck and was thinking about basing around Omastar/Kabutops. What do you guys think, would that be something worth running in todays format? it'd definitely be unexpected. Im not dreaming big like winning a regional, i just wanna know if itll be good to at least give some of the decks out there a run for they're money. lol what would be a good deck list to make for that type of deck?

:pokeball:Ancient Deck:pokeball:

Pokemon 18
3 kabuto PK
3 Kabutops PK
2 Omanyte PK
2 Omastar PK
2 relicanths
3 Sentrets
3 Furrets

Trainers: 30
4 Mysterious Fossil
3 Celios Network
3 Rosanne's Research
3 Fossil Excavator
4 Rare Candy
3 Team Galactics Wager
3 Team Galactic Mars
3 Professor Oaks visit
3 Professor Rowan
1 Copycat

Energy:12
4water energy
8 Fighting energy

now mind you, this is only the rough draft. Its not perfect yet, and thats where you guys come in..hope you guys can help. thanks alot for your input. =D
P.S. the object of the deck is to use Omanyte to help fill up my bench and then use kabuto's fast evolution to quickly evolve him to Kaputops and then use his pokebody to lock out my opponent. However, should they knock him out, i have Omastar which will then strip down my opponent back to basic. pretty nasty, huh? :tongue::lol:

update: how does that look? =D better?

Last edited:
4 sentrets?
Then my advice would be is to replace 2 sentret with 2 furret. it is the card engine in many decks for a reason.

There NEEDS to be more energy, regardless if theres a bunch of DRE, you won't find any of it even with the 4 roseanne's. Running the risk of not drawing energy is kind of risky. What's worse, what if an energy is prized? At the very least get energy up to at least 11, and get a few fighting energy in there.

Cut down on both lines, since you won't be able to make both regardless. Might as well make 4/(2/2)/(3/3) since you're tossing in candies.

Furrets are a given ifin you're running sentrets.

Holon Fossil would be VERY good in this deck, but then you wouldn't have to diminish lines.
If you run holon fossil, consider putting in aerodactyl for your energy needs? It lets you search them out.

Dunno what other suggestions.

Last edited:
4 relicants!!!!!! best start for fossil decks! 8 fighting energies. 4 water. No DRE. Some crystal beaches. 3 roseannes.
2celios. 4 fossil excavator. 3 TeamGalacticsWager.No Rowans. some pluspower. :thumb:

well, that's what im kinda wondering on...omanyte's ability allows me to add kabuto/omanyte to my bench for one water energy if i remember right, so why the relicanth? I mean, can i skip the evolve the fossil step if i use omanyte's ability? Thank you everyone for the positive reviews, it's my first time building a deck. =D

p.s. updated the decklist, still looking to revise it but keep within the theme of fossils...any help/info would be appreciated. =D

Last edited:
Hmm. My big suggestion is wait till MD until you make a Fossil deck. Because...

Omastar MD>Omastar PK (however Omastar PK is good)
and Aerodactyl will be nice in this deck, HOWEVER to stay on Topic...

-1 Relicanth
-1 Copycat

And i would say...

+2 :water: energy for Omastar's attack

as it is you may want to make room for 1 or 2 Omastar d HP. It is psychic type and its vengeful spikes attack can be devastating late game since you are using Omanyte, Omastar, Kabuto, and Kabutops.

My league prof tried the fossil deck and we all agreed that omostar HP should be taken out. It just doesnt fit in.

Hmm. My big suggestion is wait till MD until you make a Fossil deck. Because...

Omastar MD>Omastar PK (however Omastar PK is good)
and Aerodactyl will be nice in this deck, HOWEVER to stay on Topic...

-1 Relicanth
-1 Copycat

And i would say...

+2 :water: energy for Omastar's attack

well...Aerodactyl would still be considered an ancient so it technically fits. lol i was actually gonna wait till MD came out b4 making this. The basis of this deck is speed and then totally screwing my opponent over with Kabutops' effects. :lol:
which aerodactyl would you recommend putting in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back