Possible new Japanese set (Pictures inside)

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by Skitty, May 14, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skitty

Skitty New Member

I just got the newest issue of Coro Coro yesterday and it has what seems to be info on the next Japanese TCG set. There is a chance that they're just new promos though. If someone can translate the info, it would be helpful.
    Here are the pictures. (Yes, my camera sucks) (And my pictures are getting a watermark this time...)
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/6969691/PIC_0095-.jpg
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/6969691/PIC_0093-.jpg
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/6969691/PIC_0096-.jpg

2. Jason

Jason New Member

These cards... are from the next set. I remember the preview description mentioned it like a month ago.

high res version should turn up like later tmw or the next day on the card site :)

(if you could scan these images, the translators can read it for us )

3. Skitty

Skitty New Member

So am I the first one to put pictures up?:biggrin: And unfortunatly I don't have a scanner. Those pictures are the best I can do.

4. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

Fighting type Torteara and Steal type Empoleon...... AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Scipio

Scipio New Member

They all took their second type, but seeing the scans, they still need their regular (Water/Grass/Fire) Energy to attack.

6. EeveeLover

EeveeLover Member Services Administrator

Delta Species here we go.

7. ryanvergel

ryanvergel New Member

120hp infernape not weak to psychic with free retreat =D
    And is that a water weak torterra? lol

8. vanderbilt_grad

vanderbilt_grad New Member

Not really. In the video game Torterra is a Grass/Ground dual type. Infernape is Fire/Fighting. Empoleon is Water/Steel. So all they have done is print cards with the second of the dual types these things normally have. The Delta era had dual type cards ... but now the strat seems to be to print two different versions of the card when something has more than one type.

9. Scipio

Scipio New Member

That has happened before. Just look at the Steel/Electric Magneton, its been out in both Steel and Electric so far.

Also, yes, the Torterra is Water weak. Not so weird, given how Water is neutral on him, but Ice is double Super Effective.

10. vanderbilt_grad

vanderbilt_grad New Member

I kind of wish that they had made the Empoleon ground weak instead of lightning weak but whatever.

11. Nevermore

Nevermore New Member

Torterra's 4x weak to ice, and guess what element ice Pokémon have in the TCG? :p

12. AnimeDDR110

AnimeDDR110 New Member

Like the 3 Hoenn EX's from TATM and CG.
    Blaze EX was Fire in TATM and Fighting in CG.
    Swamp EX was Fighting in TATM and Water in CG.
    Sceptile was Grass in TATM and was Psychic in CG, only because it was not a duel-type pokemon. So i'm guessing thats why it was the first Delta Species EX.

13. orangematt

orangematt New Member

Everyone else got a Weakness change. :frown:

14. ashinto

ashinto New Member

but not empoleon, cuz he is special

15. orangematt

orangematt New Member

AND no Resistance to Psychic!

I call shenanigans.

16. Spirit Of Mew

Spirit Of Mew New Member

That's really cool.

P.S. Am I able to subscribe to Coro Coro even though I'm in the U.S.

17. Dunsparce Fan 206

Dunsparce Fan 206 New Member

WPM had an announcement about this on pokebeach awhile back. It said there would also be Lv.Xs for the main pokemon of movie 11: giratina, shaymin, and I think regigas too (that would make sense anyway since he is one of the main ones.) I bet they'll take the movie related cards from DP5 and put them in our verson of this set.

18. kirbypopstarhero

kirbypopstarhero New Member

provide better pic and ill translate em

19. The translations are up on pokebeach

20. Jason

Jason New Member

the new infernape is well... GOD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.