Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Possible Vespiquen/Leafeon/Cherrim Deck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yelanates

Been thinking about making this for a few days. This is VERY ROUGH, mind you, so help me out!

4-4 Vespiquen (SF, iirc)
4-2-2Leafeon (X) OR 4-4 Cherrim (HELP!!!)
2-2 Clayddol

3 Multi Energy
10 Grass

4 Buck's Training
4 Roseanne's Research
2 Quick Ball
1 Luxury Ball
3 Felicity's
3 Cynthia's
4 Energy Search
3 Pokedex
4 More Trainers that I haven't picked yet

Very very rough, off the top of my head.

The strategy is to get Vespiquen and Leafeon X out as quickly as possible (T2 for Vespiquen, T2/3 for Leafeon), then use Leafeon X's power to make Vespiquen's attacks even more powerful. I'm think I might need more basic energy? Or we could use Cherrim as has been suggested. Which is certainly easier on my trade budget.

Last edited:
-4-2-1 Leafeon Lv.X
-1 of another card

+4-4 Cherrim

This makes the deck work a lot better, attempt to trail in the beginning, and then let the damage pile up

-4-2-1 Leafeon Lv.X
-1 of another card

+4-4 Cherrim

This makes the deck work a lot better, attempt to trail in the beginning, and then let the damage pile up
That's an interesting way to do it.
I had chosen Leafeon X because it lets you put down two energy a turn. I'm actually not familiar with Cherrim, so I'll go look at that. What set is it from?

EDIT:Also would this be considered a rogue deck? I know it has either Leafeon or Cherrim, but I haven't seen any Vespiquen builds...
Is this a viable deck theory?

EDIT AGAIN: K, looked at Cherrim. It adds +10 damage each which is a possible +40 max per turn. With Leafeon I could get +40 in two turns and keep going, needing only one. If I had two Leafeon X out I could get +40 in one turn. What about putting both in? That might be too many different pokemon, but still.

But the Leafeon makes it slow, this can get set up by Turn 2 if needed, and if you are benhind, you can do 2 energy for a maximum 140+If you hit the flips.

I just like the build better, because Leafeon is quite slow and is only a decent attacker

But the Leafeon makes it slow, this can get set up by Turn 2 if needed, and if you are benhind, you can do 2 energy for a maximum 140+If you hit the flips.

I just like the build better, because Leafeon is quite slow and is only a decent attacker

Gotcha. I'll put it up there and we'll see what responses I get.

EDIT: I'm thinking of using this at Cities (Jan 4), just for everyone's info.

Also, a question: Would using a Rare Candy on my first turn (assuming I go second) allow me to evolve a pokemon right away? I assume it would, but just checking.

Last edited:
Also, a question: Would using a Rare Candy on my first turn (assuming I go second) allow me to evolve a pokemon right away? I assume it would, but just checking.

Taken from the Compendium

Q. Can I use Rare Candy on [my] first turn of a game (when Pokémon are not normally allowed to evolve)?
A. Yes, this is now permissible [if you are going second, of course, per DP rules changes]. (Jul 22, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

Taken from the Compendium

Q. Can I use Rare Candy on [my] first turn of a game (when Pokémon are not normally allowed to evolve)?
A. Yes, this is now permissible [if you are going second, of course, per DP rules changes]. (Jul 22, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

Durh, I can't believe I didn't just check the compendium myself >_< Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back