Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Power Charge/Energy Charge

Fantasy Fox

Power Charge(Expedition)
Flip a coin. If heads, shuffle 2 Energy Cards from your discard pile into your deck(1 if you only have 1).

Energy Charge(Neo Genesis)
Flip a coin. If heads, shuffle up to 2 Energy Cards from your discard pile into your deck.

Is there any BIG difference between these 2 cards?
I can see 1 small one which is, for Power Charge, you MUST shuffle 2 Energy Cards from your discard pile into your deck, but for Energy Charge, you MAY choose to shuffle 1 or 2 Energy Cards from your discard pile into your deck.

The question I that I want to ask here is, can you play Energy Charge in the Expedition-On format since it is almost the same as Power Charge? BTW, did you know the 2 cards have the same pictures? You could confuse your opponent by using Energy Charge instead of Power Charge in Eon Format if your opponent did not read the name of the card properly.

No, you CANNOT use energy charge in modified. Reason being, has it been released in any of the expansions since expedition? Nope, it sure hasnt, thus, you arent allowed to use it.

Actually, WOTC ruled that the two are completely separate cards since they have different names:
== ENERGY CHARGE (Neo: Genesis Expansion) / POWER CHARGE (Expedition Expansion)

Q. Since the trainers "Power Charge" (Expedition) and "Energy Charge" (Neo: Genesis) are nearly identical except for the name, can you have four of each in a deck since the names are different?
A. Well, if that is the case then you could. (Sep 12, 2002 WotC Chat, Q305)

So now that Neo: Genesis has rotated out, you can no longer play the Energy Charge in Modified Format. But Power Charge is still OK as long as Expedition is allowed.

Hope this helped,
- CHRISBO

Back