Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

PowerStopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaziken98

I know every one has been trying new Vex decks to distort other decks but I still like Slaking. But I like Slakings that are work and are semi-fast. So Me and a friend at my local league created this:

Pokemon: 19
4 Dunsparce
4 Slakoth DX
2 Vigoroth R&S
3 Slaking R&S
2 Pidgey
1 Pidgotto
2 Pidgey
1 Zapdos Ex

Trainers: 25
4 Stevens Advice
3 Tv reporter (Decent draw)
1 Copycat
1 Rockets Admin.
3 Celio's Network
4 Rare Candy
3 Meteor Falls
2 SWOOP Teleporter
1 Swicth
1 Warp Point
1 Pokemon Retervier
1 Energy Recycle Syseam (To Recycle form Slaking/ Zapdos)

Energy : 16
11 Electric
4 Boost
1 DRE (TECH)

Strategy:
Pretty simply get out Slaking and stop powers the will inflict damage to him so Metoer Falls alows you to use Vigoroths Rage for 20+ Damage or Fail from Slakoth if Rare Candy is used. Boost is used for unepected attacks with Critical Move for 100. Then Zapdos is a simply tech to drop down and deal damage.
Any Thoughts

Last edited:
I've tried straight Slaking/Pidgeot and it doesn't work as well as you might think. Since there is no energy manipulation it becomes very slow(and vulnerable to rock-lock). I suggest trying Slaking with Blaziken or Venusaur ex. But here's a fix anyway:

-pokemon retriever
-energy recycle
-warp point
-2 boost
-2 swoop
-1 Copycat
-4DX slakoth

+4 RS slakoth
+2 switch
+2Suprize! Time machine
+1Admin.
+3 DRE

The Suprize! Time, and additional switches let you work with one Slaking while you build up another one. You could also put in a DX Slaking, which is a perfect Zapdos tech.

Last edited:
I agree that Slaking/Blaze or Slaking/Venu, or even Slaking/Sally is prolly better, but I haven't tested this so w/e. But anyway... First, I'd just make Slaking line 3-3-3. That way you don't have to candy as much which makes it so that you can utilize Rage and Fury Swipes. It also means you can run R/S Slakoth with the healing attack. You might as well drop something for the fourth Celio if you want to get Pidgeot and more than one Slaking out. Four Boost is DEFINATELY overkill. Playing a Boost on Slaking leaves it with no Energy after using Critical move... >.< DRE or Scramble will be better.

The Zapdos is iffy... it's a nice suprise, but it is just downright HORRENDOUS as a starter and also burns your Basic Energy. You might benefit more from a Jirachi HL. See what works. GL ;x

Pokemon: 19
4 Dunsparce
4 Slakoth DX
2 Vigoroth R&S
3 Slaking R&S
2 Pidgey
1 Pidgotto
2 Pidgey
1 Zapdos Ex

Trainers: 25
4 Stevens Advice
3 Tv reporter (Decent draw)
1 Copycat
1 Rockets Admin.
3 Celio's Network
4 Rare Candy
3 Meteor Falls
2 SWOOP Teleporter
1 Swicth
1 Warp Point
1 Pokemon Retervier
1 Energy Recycle Syseam (To Recycle form Slaking/ Zapdos)

Energy : 16
11 Electric
4 Boost
1 DRE (TECH)

This Deck has been played and proven to defeat BAR, Dragonite, almost anything with Pidgoet or any other powers it loses to Rock Lock unfortunatly. And the straight Pidgot Slaking is pretty straight forward and quick to set up Blaze or Venusuar would SLOW down the deck to much to stop Pidgot using decks.

lol, i say.....dx slack off and heal...3 retreat is nasty, so you might want to add more switch/warp point....

Blaziken98 said:
I said friends at the league. Plus Ian's version is better and that is who I copied.
Actually Michael made it better in UT so his version is better. Heres the thing alex its like steve says its so Rock-Paper-Scissors anymore. Slaking beats all but rock-lock Rocklock beats slaking Vileplume beats rock lock Blaze can still beat anything if played right and good set up so its all about you staying ahead of Josh. so start doing the whole 2 deck idea play for fun at tournies with something before they start. make 2 lists prior to tourny watch what he is going to play then use the approrite deck to counter cause I know you can beat everything else except those topdecks and god draws he pulls off every game.

Last edited:
Let me say this first hand, i faced that most acursed slaking deck for 3rd place in state championships, i took it down the first game(sheer luck) the second game he got me, i could,nt use pidgeots, and the third game i put slaking down with Dark amphy(2 rare candys+40 hp slakoth while amphy is out-insta KO) 2 rock Gens are amazing there too lol. but it was a great match, but taking that 20 twice won the game for me :) if that guy is here, Good job man. great battle.

Luke C.

Myn_donos said:
...i put slaking down with Dark amphy(2 rare candys+40 hp slakoth while amphy is out-insta KO) 2 rock Gens are amazing there too lol.

Rare Candy to Slaking? Ouch... Vigoroth > Candy lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back