Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pre-release Picks (SF here we come~!)

Gowk

In the limited format, we all know, certain cards shine becuase of their simplicity and, well, coolness.

What do you want to pull and what do you think the play is at the PR's next week (and beyond).

Thread questions (For easy posting):

1. What do you want to pull and why
2. What is the play and why

I think, like always, the grass are the play (see Scizor and Vespiquen). Of course get the whole machamp line and well, good game. <- Goes with out saying for almost all Stage 2s

[EDIT] Dont forget trainers and supporters

Last edited:
Drifblim. If you pull the Drifblim, chances are you will do very well. Selective search and energy acceleration are both gamebreaking at pre-releases. Otherwise, yeah, grass and machamp seem like the plays.

Roserade is very fast and stage two. I'd want that for a pre-release deck. What do I WANT to pull? A Lv.X, like everyone else! :biggrin:

Here's my top list of Prerelease picks:

1. Budew Searching for a pokemon is the godliest ability in prereleases.
2. Treecko Once again searching for a basic
3. Onix This completely shuts down some prerelease decks
4. Scyther An improved version of the origional, This alone is a good reason to play grass
5. Combee Very good card that can help in a lot of situations
6. Miltank Three good cheap attacks

An of course play every trainer you pull.
*I only put commons/uncommons because you're more likely to pull them*

Last edited:
Here's my top list of Prerelease picks:

1. Budew Searching for a pokemon is the godliest abilities in prereleases.
2. Treecko Once again searching for a basic
3. Onix This completely shuts down some prerelease decks
4. Scyther An improved version of the origional, This alone is a good reason to play grass
5. Combee Very good card that can help alot of situations
6. Miltank Three good cheap attacks

An of course play every trainer you pull.
*I only put commons/uncommons because you're more likely to pull them*

Good list here. Lol, i have to look up Onix, but ya.

Of course every one wants a Lv.X, but which one would be the most helpful? Actually there all help ful.

What do you think the play is? Grass? Water?

Lol After thinking it over the perfect deck would be 2-3 Scyther and 2-3 Onix with some other cards, maybe a stage 2 or something. It least thats what I think is best,

6 pichus
6 pikachus
2 raichus
and a raichu lv x

......yea, and marley and luxury ball, and great ball.....and like 20 lightning energies

...and pray that no one got the machamp line..

I'm definitely going to do my best to get 4 Pokedrawer for sure, #1 on my list (as well as 1 Luxury Ball). PokeBlower would also be nice to get. Otherwise, everything else (except the Lv Xs) are trade bait for me.

For the SF Pre-Release, I want...All of the Lv.X's and all of the trainers. I don't care for anyting else because it is just discount packs to me

Scizor is the best card in SF prereleases.

You don't need powers in a limited deck, and the body should be really strong because they usually won't do high damage.

Scyther also is good for itself, possible 60 damage T2 and free retreat are really nice.

Back