Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pre release prizes - questions for USA and Europe

Michel

US Question :
I see that US pre-releases give 1 display to the winner of each age group, 18 boosters to the second, 9 boosters to the 3d and 4th, ...

Some CC have had less than 5 players in the 10- for example.

In this case, will the winner get a display too ?

Europe question :
Does anyone know the prize structure for the prereleases in UK, Finland, Germany and Switzerland ?

Holland follows the US prize structure.
Belgium gives 1 booster/player (that's what I call a big effort to promote the game :D ) :mad:

Michel said:
US Question :
I see that US pre-releases give 1 display to the winner of each age group, 18 boosters to the second, 9 boosters to the 3d and 4th, ...

Some CC have had less than 5 players in the 10- for example.

In this case, will the winner get a display too ?

Currently the 1st place winners receive the full prize of 1 display regardless of the number of participants (meaning if there is 1 or 100 in the age group - the prize is the same).

As RR said above, the top place finishers get, (or should if being done right), what is listed.

In tournaments that I've held, if there are more prize payout places that there are players in that age group, then the required # of players will get their prizes & any leftover go to other top finishers in other age groups.

For example at the CC I held there were only 3 players in the -10 age group. Prize support was for top 4. Combining what was leftover from the -10 age group, mine & the other judges packs that we really didn't want, we paid out to the top 8 in the other 2 age groups.

For the Crawley and Rainham combined events we don't have sufficient prizes to follow the USA model. But thats okay: We do have sufficient to make several good events with prizes for everyone who makes it into the top half rather than just the top few players.

Since the prize support is the same if you have 120 players or 30 for the next pre-release we will probably try for several smaller events.

I don't know what the support is for the Falkirk or London pre-release events. It may be pro-rata or fixed.

---------

I know it is easier for PUI/local distributors to have a fixed prize structure. But I much prefer to have the prize pile proportionate to the number of players. IMHO the prizes should not be the primary reason for playing.

Last edited:
Back