Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Present Peeking

MoonGem

I never ever peek at my presents,but I did,only one though. See my husband thinks I am weird because I play pokemon games,well he went to Game Crazy and bought me pokemon XD with a players guide,can you believe it? Happy happy joy joy. :clap:

I used to peek every chance I got, then my parents started putting them in another box and abusing the scotch tape to seal up every nook and cranny. :(

I've never been a pressie peeker, but other members of my family have been. I've had to come up with a bunch of tricks to make them unidentifiable. For example, a few years ago, my brother got a video for our sister, but no matter how he wrapped it, one shake and you could tell. The reels made a noise. So I suggested he put some loose stones in the box; their noise would hide any identifiable rattle. That worked.

I'd often put random bits of cardboard and stuffing in there too to hide the shape. Especially necessary on CDs and DVDs. I once suspended a gift voucher quite artistically within a K'Nex cube, if I do say so myself....

Professor_Chris said:
I used to peek every chance I got, then my parents started putting them in another box and abusing the scotch tape to seal up every nook and cranny. :(
That was a hint =P. But come to think of it, I've tried to peek, but something stopped me from doing that >.<

I used to look for (and thus attempt to peek at) presents quite a bit if memory serves. I guess I stopped when it wasn't ging to be much of a surprise anyway, plus a larger percentage of it was simply money.

Last edited:
they would buy some small lego sets(which i love!) and put them in with a bigger one... to confuse me.. or leave an empy box, and then give me what was supposed to be in it AFTER i opened it :p

You mean it isn't Santa who brings the presents?! ='(

I'm getting an iPod video, but I know that because they asked me what kind I wanted, so I didn't peek at all. :D

Last edited:
Yeah, I used to talk with my sister about our gifts since our mother let us help wrap eachother's gifts. Essentially, we knew almost every present we were to get.
Yeah, in elementary school -_-.

Quite frankly, it's a childish practice. It's acceptable for young ones who don't know any better, but anyone who has full comprehension of what they're doing is just being immature.

Hot_Carl said:
You mean it isn't Santa who brings the presents?! ='(

Santa is dead fool... i shot him with my shiney new USP :p

but in all seriousness I have peeked once, last year. Found out i got a DS when i was told i wasnt... nearly vcrapped my pants

Last edited:
Back