Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Price Guide for Promos? 3 in specific

wonderer

I'm trying to find a good price guide for promo cards and am having trouble. I specifically want to know about these:
Pikachu Jungle Promo with WOTC stamp
Pikachu Base with Poketour 1999 stamp
Pikachu Base with E3 stamp

Also (eventually) I need price quotes on these:
Ludicolo Promo 020
Wartortle Base 2 Promo with WOTC stamp
Kabuto Fossil with WOTC stamp
Gold Border Meowth
Jigglypuff Promo 7
Mewtwo Promo 12
Mewtwo Promo 14
Pikachu Promo 1
Dark Gyarados Rocket Prerelease
Misty's Seadra Gym Prerelease

Thanks for your help!

I'm trying to find a good price guide for promo cards and am having trouble. I specifically want to know about these:
Pikachu Jungle Promo with WOTC stamp- $4
Pikachu Base with Poketour 1999 stamp- $15
Pikachu Base with E3 stamp- $20ish

Also (eventually) I need price quotes on these:
Ludicolo Promo 020- $2
Wartortle Base 2 Promo with WOTC stamp- $3
Kabuto Fossil with WOTC stamp- $3
Gold Border Meowth- $7
Jigglypuff Promo 7- $2
Mewtwo Promo 12- $3
Mewtwo Promo 14- $5
Pikachu Promo 1- $1 (unless it has a 1st edition stamp, then $125)
Dark Gyarados Rocket Prerelease- $2
Misty's Seadra Gym Prerelease- $2

Thanks for your help!

Prices in red and assume perfect mint condition.

History of Jigglypuff Promo 7:

Originally EXTREMELY RARE. It was originally a Promo in which you had to buy the movie soundtrack, mail in the proof of purchase stub along with your receipt and they would mail you the promo back. There was a limited time in which to claim your promo with the purchase, and even though the soundtrack release date was pushed back a couple of times, the company sponsoring the promo held fast to the redeem by date. As a result, you only had a 4 day window to buy the soundtrack, mail in the redemption, and have it processed in order to get the card.

When I bought the CD on the day it came out, I noticed the redeem by date and immediately called the company. They told me the specifics, and though angry I went back to the store and bought 3 more copies of the CD. I mailed 4 overnight packages (only one redemption per envelope) with signature confirmation that same day. Remember, this was during the height of the PokeMania so it was a sound investment. I received my 4 cards 8 weeks later and found out that less than 25 redemptions had made it in time. I kept 2 for my kids and sold the other two on ebay for a huge profit, $250 each.

Parents were rightfully outraged about the come along promotion and obviously complained loudly. About 8 months later, they were re-released to the League and their value plummeted. There is a minute difference between the 2 printings (yellow borders are slightly different hues) but if you didn't know that, you would probably pay no attention to it.

They must have extended it, because I got the tape for Christmas and sent the mailer in a week later, still got my Jigglypuff ^^

They must have extended it, because I got the tape for Christmas and sent the mailer in a week later, still got my Jigglypuff ^^

Wow! All of the kids from my league had theirs sent back to them. You didn't get yours from League when the re-released it? I ask, because the promo was only available with the music CD, not the tape, until it was re-released.

I just realized, they never made a Pokemon out of the music notes in the backgroud, though they were obviously alive as they have eyes.

Last edited:
Nope, it wasn't the league promo. I never even knew they did that ><; And I'm at least fairly positive mine came from the tape too. I might be remembering it wrong and it was my friend's CD insert that I sent in. Either way, I had to wait until after I got home from my Grandparents a week later to send.

Someone offered me a 1st ed Charizard for it. Kinda wish I'd taken them up on it...

And I'm glad they never made those notes into Pokemon ><; Too many already make no sense to me, though another Unown might be fun.

Nope, it wasn't the league promo. I never even knew they did that ><; And I'm at least fairly positive mine came from the tape too. I might be remembering it wrong and it was my friend's CD insert that I sent in. Either way, I had to wait until after I got home from my Grandparents a week later to send.

Someone offered me a 1st ed Charizard for it. Kinda wish I'd taken them up on it...

And I'm glad they never made those notes into Pokemon ><; Too many already make no sense to me, though another Unown might be fun.

Well I must say you were extremely fortunate as the CD came out in June of the year. There were sooo many p.o.'d parents it was insane. I had offers similar to that for one of ours (though not a 1st Edition Charizard), but I try not to think about it, lol!

Thanks for helping me out with this! Where did you get the price quotes from?

Also very interesting about the Jigglypuff!

Thanks for helping me out with this! Where did you get the price quotes from?

Also very interesting about the Jigglypuff!

From the enormous amount of buying, selling, and trading I do as well as having been a collector for 11 years and generally keeping up with the prices of my collection. Most of the time, I'm a good reference. I'm off a little every now and then, but not often.

PokeTour is hard to price. I was able to get home in time to list one of my extras tonight on Ebay so that you could see what its value is. You can look it up if you wish and the price that it ends at should give a you a good idea as there hasn't been any up for sale in a long time.

I hope that helps you out. :biggrin:

Drew

Is the Mewtwo promo #14 supposed to be a holo?

I have one that isn't a holo, but the only price guide that lists it says it is a holo. Is this an error?

Back