Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Price of RAM?

Muscovy Level X

Recently, I figured out that for a realy awsome game that my computer won't let me use, along with several other crashing problems require a higher value of RAM. I need to get 512 or more. About what price range would that be? I have no idea.

Thanks.

Not exactly sure, but not very much. Recently the price of RAM has significantly dropped along with an increase in it's capacity. If it's desktop ram it will be pretty cheap. However laptop ram, though still cheap, is more expensive. Just make sure you get the EXACT right type for your computer's motherboard, as they are very picky. Different RAM chips have different amountsof pins, there are all types of it, and motherboards can only support a max per socket.

Let me find you a great site for telling what type your PC needs.

Here it is: http://www.crucial.com/index.aspx?g...85393:ks-9fuo-jyiaaffasn8aaaae:20081207223847

You can use that site for free to see exactly what type of ram it will accept.

4 GB RAM card has not came out yet and if it did, I'm 100 percent sure he did not get it for 15 bucks.

Kingston I believe makes the best RAM you can get. It all depends on what you are looking for. You say you need 512 more but I would get a 1 or 2 gig stick. 512 MB goes from about 15 to 20 buck, 1 gigs go from maybe 35 or 50 and 2 gigs go form about 99 to 150. Not too sure about the prices because I've seen many different ones. But what are you looking for, DDR1, DDR2 or DDR3 RAM because I have a 512 DDR2 RAM card I'm not using I can give to you. If not then you can go into Best Buy or Staples to see what they have. But I recommend going with at least 3 or 4 gigs of RAM if your going to play games and maybe updating your graphics card. hope this helps.

Oh, and get the desktop PC RAM cards and not the notebook RAM card if you have a desktop computer.

I would definitely consider at least a gig, especially if you have Vista (any edition), 512 would barely let it run. Of course, the more you can get, the happier your computer will be as well.

I recommend: at least 1 GB of ram on XP, 3 on a Vista 32 bit. Frys.com usually has some great deals on ram, I know I was able to find 2 sticks of 1 gb each for $20 together.

Also: don't pay to have someone put in the ram, its pretty simple to install it yourself. Having never been in the inside of a computer before, it was very easy for me to do it. Just look at crucial's guide and look at your computer manual to show where the parts are.

Also: don't pay to have someone put in the ram, its pretty simple to install it yourself. Having never been in the inside of a computer before, it was very easy for me to do it. Just look at crucial's guide and look at your computer manual to show where the parts are.

The above advice is useful ONLY for desktops. Laptops are a completely different monster. Having been inside both, I *really* don't want to touch any part of a laptop to upgrade it. Let somebody else take care of it.

The above advice is useful ONLY for desktops. Laptops are a completely different monster. Having been inside both, I *really* don't want to touch any part of a laptop to upgrade it. Let somebody else take care of it.

Well if it's like most laptops, changing the ram is ridiculously easy. Most have a little pannel on the bottom with one screw. Take that single screw out. slide little door off, pop old ram out if chip needs removed for new one, and pop new one in. It can be really really easy.

But I can see it being hard if that convenient door isn't there lol.

Black friday sales are powerfull enough to kill, you know

Yeah, I know but a 2gig ram card for 7.50? That won't happen on a black friday. That's like bying a 42 inch TV for like 150 bucks when it would cost you 1500 bucks. 2GB RAM is a powerful tool for computers to be sold that cheap.

Yeah, I know but a 2gig ram card for 7.50? That won't happen on a black friday. That's like bying a 42 inch TV for like 150 bucks when it would cost you 1500 bucks. 2GB RAM is a powerful tool for computers to be sold that cheap.

ok say what you will but I'm telling you it happened? Why woudl I lie about the sale price of RAM?

ok say what you will but I'm telling you it happened? Why woudl I lie about the sale price of RAM?

I'm not saying it did not happen but I bought mine for 105 bucks and for someone to get 2 2gigs ram cards for 15 buck seems a bit far-fetch to me.but if you did, go for you. Not saying you would lie but I know you can get a 512 for 15 but 4 gigs, where did he get it, I might need to go there for my ram.

It depends on the type of ram.
DDR
DDR2
DDR3
I am building my new gaming computer with a motherboard that only supports DDR3 and its mega high.

It depends on the type of ram.
DDR
DDR2
DDR3
I am building my new gaming computer with a motherboard that only supports DDR3 and its mega high.

And don't for get about the different speeds they have too.

But all I can say is that computer is going to be fast. Whats your motherboards max RAM?

I am looking forward to upgrading completely my computer (256MB RAM, 40GB harddisk, etc LOL). But I don't even have a clue of how to upgrade my computer myself, anyone knows where can I find a cool online guide about that? Thanks in advance =)

BTW IDK where my computer manual is

These days you can get some awesome 4GB 800MHz RAM for about €100(about 130$). That is relativley cheap for their strenght, and i'm sure you WILL find cheaper than that through discounts etc.

Back