Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Prizes at nationals

pokemaster1970

What are the prizes for placing at the U.S Nationals? I was told the Top 4 get a free trip to Worlds in Hawaii. Is that true? And if so, is that the case for every age division?
What are the scholarship prizes for placing?

Thanks in advance.....

What are the prizes?
Prizes are awarded to the top 32 players in each age division.

The divisions are as follows:
Junior Division: Born in 2001 or later
Senior Division: Born in 1997, 1998, 1999, or 2000
Masters Division: Born in 1996 or earlier

1st Place

A Pokémon TCG National Championships First-Place Trophy
An invitation to the 2012 Pokémon TCG World Championships
20 Championship Points
A Travel Award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2012 World Championships
A scholarship award worth $5,000. Go to http://www.pokemon.com/us/organized-play/championship-series/scholarships/ for scholarship details and restrictions
A combination of 72 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions
Other great Pokémon-themed merchandise!
2nd Place

A Pokémon TCG National Championships Second-Place Trophy
16 Championship Points
A Travel Award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the 2012 World Championships
A scholarship award worth $3,000. Go to http://www.pokemon.com/us/organized-play/championship-series/scholarships/ for scholarship details and restrictions
A combination of 72 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions
3rd & 4th Place

A Pokémon TCG National Championships Semi-Finalist Trophy
12 Championship Points
A scholarship award worth $1,500. Go to http://www.pokemon.com/us/organized-play/championship-series/scholarships/ for scholarship details and restrictions
A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions
5th through 8th Place

10 Championship Points
9th through 12th Place

8 Championship Points
13h through 16th Place

6 Championship Points
17th through 32nd Place

4 Championship Points
A combination of 18 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions
33rd through 64th Place

3 Championship Points (if division attendance is 128 or greater)

yeah it was a 3ds not a dsi my bad, and yeah i got one at nats last year, but i remember it being on the board they had in the middle of the room.

Does anyone remember or know what the head counts were for each division? I seem to remember there was over 800+ in Masters, but don't remember how many Juniors and Seniors.

Last edited:
Masters: 932
Seniors: 322
Juniors: 218

from last year, numbers may be a tad off, but those should suffice

932 Masters.....Unreal. I should expect the same turnout this year also then? Perhaps we'll break the 1000 barrier for Masters. That would be SICK!!

I fully expect our attendance to break 1000 in Masters this year. The game has been growing throughout the entire season in all areas I've played in. Should be pretty awesome.

932 Masters.....Unreal. I should expect the same turnout this year also then? Perhaps we'll break the 1000 barrier for Masters. That would be SICK!!

1000 might be on the low end of the spectrum. Masters has been pretty consistently increasing by about 100-200 for the last 3-4 years...

Would the fact that you have to have a certain number of PLAY points to attend Nationals this year keep the attendence at a status quo and balance out?

Would the fact that you have to have a certain number of PLAY points to attend Nationals this year keep the attendence at a status quo and balance out?

Yes, it most certainly would. I'm anticipating a turnout of around 800-900 this year... Maybe Bullados is right and we'll see higher numbers, but I doubt it. At the very least, I think the Play! Point requirement would negate any increase we might otherwise see.

Back