Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Problems with League registration.

GregWebster

So, I run the only League in Austin, TX and we are mostly children between the ages of 9-12. I am having a RIDICULOUSLY hard time getting the parents to get their kids My Pokemon accounts. I have handed out flyers explaining that I only get enough materials for those children with My Pokemon accounts, emailed parents who give me their addresses, and told the kids for 8 weeks now that they need to get a My Pokemon account. We have 28 My Pokemon accounts registered, 20 of which are our older kids (16-20ish) and 8 children. I am only getting materials for 30 people, and we have 72 unique members. For the psychic season on, I have decided that only My Pokemon account members can earn the current badge, until the next badge comes around. I have enough back materials to let the kids earn the D/P badges, so I don't feel bad about this. This week I am bringing little bags of M&Ms on which I am stapling this:

BAD NEWS
If you do not have a My Pokemon account, you cannot earn new badges!
GOOD NEWS
Getting a My Pokemon account is easy and free!
Just go to http://www.op.pokemon-tcg.com/mypokemon/ with your POP ID and a parent if you are under 13!

I hate to do this, but the kids haven't really given me any other choice, and I'm sick of turning away kids who have earned every other badge but the newest when I run out.

How do ya'll handle the problem of getting parents and kids to get a My Pokemon account, because I just don't get enough badges to provide everyone with the new ones.

For players 13 and older, they can simply go onto the website with their POP ID number and register.

For players 12 and under, they need to complete the form of parental consent (http://www.op.pokemon-tcg.com/mypokemon/signup/pcf/en.pdf)/ I usually print these out, and have a couple on hand for League players that have not yet initiated their My Pokémon account. These forms are best completed at the League/tournament location. If the forms leave the site, they are likely not to return.

Back