Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Procircuitscrub's Florida Cities Report

procircuitscrub

So I randomly decided on thursday evening that I was going to drive down to these ( From KY...13 hours away ) Because I have family that lives about an hour away from Orlando, and Kissimmee. Haven't seen them in a while and I felt like getting my pokemon on. Decided to bring the girlfriend along and make a mini-vacation out of it. I had no idea what to expect from florida...but I knew the Silvestros and Jason K lived in the state. I was kinda shocked that they weren't there :p Decided to make another run with Blazeray in Orlando thinking I could dodge all the machamp and make it into the cut. Turned out to be a good choice. ^_^

Round 1 V.S. Golduck/Blastoise/ ??? (o_O)
The guy flips a squirtle and psyduck vs my luxray GL/ Blaziken FB....this one wasn't pretty.

1-0

Round 2 V.S. Sceptile

I start fast with blaziken FB and luxray GL...he keeps attaching energy to treekos and I keep dragging them up for the ko. He never gets to attack.

2-0

Round 3 V.S. Harrison with Blaziken/Luxray/Garchomp

We both start with azelf but he runs the psychic energy and I don't. He locks me there and gets a prize ahead on my azelf. EVERY card I need to outplay him is prized. We trade prizes until the last few turns when I just run out of steam. He wins by 2 prizes.

2-1

Round 4 V.S. Spiritomb/Gardy/Gallade

I start out with blaze/call and he starts with ralts. I call for baltoy, and luxray because I have no supporter in my opening draw, but I had the luxury ball. He ends up getting the spiritomb so he plays a baltoy down, attaches to ralts and retreats for tomb. He evolves into claydol and passes. I retreat for luxray, gust up the claydol, play poke turn on my luxray, replay him, play lux ball for my claydol, evolve, play a fire on my active blaze, drop another blaziken FB and pass because I failed to draw into a supporter. He proceeds to evolve into kirlia and drop a belt on it. He plays an energy on the kirlia and tries to cosmic power. I spray it. He passes and I draw. I end up top decking Cyrus and blow up on him. Double crobat on the belted kirlia, luxray gust, energy gain on blaze, dropped the lvl X, and ko'd it for 2 prizes. Next turn he plays a ralts and an energy on it. I follow up with my 2nd luxray lvl X and gust the ralts for a 3rd prize after using poke turn on the other luxray X. He wiffs a ralts the following turn and I gust his claydol for a 4th prize. He ends up scooping after this.

3-1

Round 5 V.S. Regigigas/Machamp O_O....what was with all this random stuff ?!

He starts with regi/machop vs my luxray/blaze start. I go 1st, and call for baltoy/lux. He started with baltoy active and regi benched. He attaches fighting to baltoy, retreats for regi, plays premier ball and it's prized. He drops mesprit and passes. I come up and smack the regi for 30 with blaze. He drops uxie the next turn and I spray it. HE attaches an energy to the machop and passes. I lux x the machop for the ko. and he is drawing dead. I end up taking 4 more prizes and he scoops.

4-1

Round 6 V.S. Scizor/Cherrim/Belt

He takes 2 prizes with scizor's 1st attack early game due to my crappy set up. I finally get some blaziken action going with lucario GL. I take 4 prizes from 2 Scizor because he failed to ko me on the 3rd attack. He ko's one more guy and I end up winning by 3 prizes.

5-1

Alright...cool. I'm stoked with my 5-1 record going into the top cut. But oh wait...pairings come out and i'm in 7th place. (O_O)?! Confused...I look at my wins and losses. 4-2...?! I failed to check my win record every round and I was entered as a loss on round 5. Too late to do anything about it now and i'm still in top 8. I'm pretty mad at myself because i'm here for points and I just threw away at least 8 points by not paying attention. ( turned out to be something like 9 points) Oh well...guess I just need to get a few more wins in top 8 to make up for it.

TOP 8

V.S. Gyarados

Game 1:
He starts very slow vs my decent hand. I get 3 prizes ahead before he gets anything set up and he scoops to save time.

Game 2:
He starts slow again but I only take 2 prizes before he comes out swinging with the big blue dragon. However....I spray his luxray x whenever he plays it and I am trading 1 shots with him 2 prizes up. Towards the end I start whiffing on stuff and he is coming back on me with a belted gyarados. He can't find any scoop ups and I take my last 2 prizes with a bite on his belted gyarados.

TOP 4

V.S. Orion Craig with Dialga/Garchomp/Bronzong G

Game 1:
We both start out pretty good and I come out swinging with Blaziken. He ends up brick walling me with Bronzong G, Snowpoint temple, Expert Belt, and Special metals. However...I force him to start burning poke turns and bertha to stay in the game. Eventually I get through his walls and get 2 prizes ahead. about 25 mins in he scoops it up.

Game 2: He never really gets anything set up and just gets rolled by my superior set up. We have fun with it though and we pretty much joke around for the rest of the game. I had a lot of fun playing you Orion.

TOP 2

Well....Harrison ended up going undefeated in swiss and is back in the finals to hand me my tail. I play no supporters in either game and get steam rolled 2-0 in under 15 mins.

I go 7-2 for the day....but the records show 6-3... I had a lot of fun though.

I headed home...made some changes to better deal with the mirror match and went to sleep.

Next comes the Kissimmee Cities. I'm feeling pretty confident that my deck is better today so I am stoked to get started.

Round 1 V.S. Gengar/Machamp

My opponent draws something like 25 cards in his opening turn and just gets set up too quick. I'm holding 3 power spray the whole game and he never uses a power. He polters me every turn for a knockout due to my Huge amount of trainers. I'm feeling bad about the lack of claydol now because I have no way to drop trainers. Sigh....

0-1

Round 2 V.S. PSYDUCK/VULPIX BEATDOWN!!!

My opponent flips over psyduck as his active and vulpix on the bench. I tremble in fear as the onslaught begins!!! he takes 14 prizes on his 1st turn with BLUE EYES WHITE DRAGON!!!! then does OVER 9000 Damage to my Lifepoints. No really...this was crazy.... : / (ok....I take 4 prizes and he runs out of basics...but that isn't fun at all )

1-1

Round 3 V.S. Sceptile ( same guy from yesterday )

This game goes exactly like it did before. He takes no prizes and I flip over Exodia the Forbidden One for the win. He craps his pants and I head on to the next game. ( When will I see a legit deck? )

2-1

Round 4 V.S. Garchomp C/ Rayquaza C/ Electivire FB

I ko his Garchomp C every time it hits the board and power spray Electivire's power every time he uses it. Then I luring flame claydol for my last prize. ( Where am I and how is this deck 2-1? oh well...YUGIOH!!!!!!)

3-1

Round 5 V.S. Jim Roll with Machamp/Metagross ( oh crap )

I see the pairings and think i'm sitting down to an auto loss. However....he wins the roll and I open BROKEN. He starts with a machop and a baltoy. I start my turn off with luxray GL, roseannes for 2 crobat G, poke turn, energy gain, and an energy for the 1 shot on machop. I am also holding power spray and VS seeker. He is forced to send up baltoy....and everything just goes downhill for him. I get ahead by 3 prizes before he gets a machamp set up and he has to attach a rainbow energy to him in order to attack. This allows me to return ko him with Uxie lvl X / Lucario GL for 120 damage. I win by 3 prizes.

4-1

Round 6 V.S. Harrison with Blaziken/Luxray/Garchomp

I feel much more confident in the mirror match today and i'm looking forward to a great game. Unfortunately...he starts awful and I run over him. I think he takes 1 prize and doesn't play a supporter until way late in the game.

5-1

Ok...top 8 again...so here we go.

TOP 8

V.S. Gengar/Shuppet

Game 1: He opens kinda slow and I ko his gastly before it becomes gengar. I get 2 prizes ahead and he starts taking prizes with a shuppet, expert belt, and a few pluspowers/bucks. But eventually he stops taking prizes on my 110 hp luxray and I win by 2 prizes.

Game 2: He opens AWFUL and never sees a rare candy. I get 4 prizes ahead and we goof around for the rest of the game.

TOP 4

V.S. Tyranitar

Game 1: There was nothing special about this tyranitar. It played spiritomb...that was it. He didn't seem to know what my cards did and I was kinda wondering how he made it this far. I got 3 prizes ahead before he took his 1st prize with grind. Then I just 2 shot every tyranitar he played after that.

Game 2: Pretty much the same as the first. Kinda boring. I just attacked.

TOP 2

V.S. Harrison ( again ) with Blaziken/ Luxray/ Garchomp

Game 1: I start out without a supporter AGAIN. He gets ahead by 2 prizes before I start to get into the game...but I am making him waste his poke turns before I really play anything. There is a turn where he has lux X on the field and no way to gust anything off my bench....so I call for uxie and I have premier ball in hand. This allows me to get back into the game. I play my 1st Cyrus 42 mins into the game. :p I come out on top because I have all of my poke turns left. I win by 2 prizes leaving about 8 mins on the clock.

Game 2: I have a broken hand with 2 power spray and call. We play a little bit and I am ahead in prizes. Judge calls time and the prize count is 4-3 my favor...but nobody took 4 prizes. So I take home the gold this time. Good games Harrison.

Hey, had I known you were going to be in FL I would have advised you to go to davie/pompano.

Orlando/Kissimmee had the #s, but Pompano/Davie is where the majority of the competition(While still having 30+ in masters) was.

I'd imagine same with next week in Port Saint Lucie/Melbourne.

Steve S, John S, Jason K, Aaron C, Ryan V, and Omar I to name a few.

It's a pretty intense event.

Oh, so your're Stephen right, we met at the McDonalds in Orlando good job.

I dont recall ever meeting you, but if I did that's cool. I'm standing behind my opinion of there being significant more competition in Port Saint Lucie/Melbourne this weekend as well as Pbeach and Davie last weekend

Yeah...nobody really showed up and I snuck in for an 80 point gain over the weekend. I had some fun though. Wish you could have been there Stephen. How did you and your dad end up doing this weekend? Jim Roll told me a really funny story about nationals BTW. It seems that one of my friends was standing next to your dad on the sidelines...and I shot him a thumbs up after I had won against you. John thought I was shooting him the thumbs up and was like :mad:. LOL...Jim thought I was shooting him the thumbs up and he was like....:eek:....HOLY CRAP....hahahaha. I didn't even know what john looked like! Give him my apologies on that one.

But on a side note....I think I may sneak in for the last few days of the marathon. I know I can't come in for the whole thing due to work and having to take off for this past week. But if I hit 2 or 3 that will end up putting me at 11 - 12 cities total. Kinda Nifty. Hope to see ya there.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Oh...and I gained a crap load of points off Harrison....he is like 3rd in the nation right now. I think he won a ton of BR's. I wouldn't say the lack of competition did anything to hurt my rating...lol.

Last edited:
I dont recall ever meeting you, but if I did that's cool. I'm standing behind my opinion of there being significant more competition in Port Saint Lucie/Melbourne this weekend as well as Pbeach and Davie last weekend

No, sorry I think this guys name is Stephen lol.

Back