Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

"Prof. it!": a bi-weekly youtube show on the pokemon TCG!shooting for 100 subscibers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWittz

Hello TCG community! After lots of time thriving here in the Pokemon TGC, as well as fooling around with videography here in college, I've decided to start up my own Youtube show! The show will either be titled "Prof.-it" or just simply "The J-Wittz show", and it will spend time discussing various aspects to the Pokemon Trading Card Game. There are three segments to the show:

:pokeball: every Thursday will be a Deck analysis, where I choose a specific deck and comment on strategy, strengths, and how I feel the deck will perform.

:pokeball: every Sunday will be a general discussion over a topic of my choice. These can be as basic as talking about how to become a great player and moving up from starter decks, or as specific as talking about donks, the metagame, matchups, premier events etc.

:pokeball: every month I will release a hip-hop parody song about pokemon on the 15th. Beyond my usual nerdiness, I'm a pro beatboxer and semi-pro rapper. This month we'll be seeing Eminem's "We made you" transformed into J-Wittz's "We Trained You". It's really good and bound to be hillarious for you all.

That's all I've got to say about the show! The first episode ships up on sunday, titled "starter decks". videos will be fast, funny, and fun-- they'll bound to be watchable even if it's over a simple topic you already know everything about. I'd like to establish a presence before I release the first video in thin air with nobody to watch it, so here's my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheJWittz . Subcribe and check back each 15th, thursday (except this thursday), and sunday for a heck of a show! See you there!

PS- I made a bet with my girlfriend that I could get 100 subscribers through the pokemon community before the first episode airs. Help me not lose!

Last edited:
Sounds great! I can't wait for "We Trained You"!

I've got it recorded already, I just figure I should do some mastering and maybe some kind of video to fit with it. I'm also working on a complete 493 person pokerap : D

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Maybe do an Archetype vs Archetype battle??? I will watch.

I'll definitely get down to comparing matchups near the end of deck articles once the show progresses enough. I'm glad I have a couple people down here willing to follow!

Last edited:
Im going to be watching and do you have a estimated time of we they might be up?
I agree with Smake. Mabey A battle on a differnt night would be Amazing!

Im going to be watching and do you have a estimated time of we they might be up?
I agree with Smake. Mabey A battle on a differnt night would be Amazing!

I'll see what I can do with my dorm room. Once I pick up an apartment I'll be able to crank out even more episodes a week. I'd expect sometime around 12 pm for episode releases, maybe a little later like 3 or 4 for the thursday releases

It actually does sound pretty interesting. I'll probably watch a few episodes, assuming I get the time to do so ^^.

Good luck!

~Nips

It actually does sound pretty interesting. I'll probably watch a few episodes, assuming I get the time to do so ^^.

Good luck!

~Nips

sounds great man! Thanks a ton by the way to anybody who has subscribed so far! I guarantee it'll be a high-quality blast and a nice change of pace. See you all Sunday!

Your subscription to 'TheJWittz' has been added.

I hear your ratings go through the roof if you get a celebrity guest. But only buzz-worthy celebrities. Honestly, who all extra tunes in for Oprah than those that already watch Oprah?

Your subscription to 'TheJWittz' has been added.

I hear your ratings go through the roof if you get a celebrity guest. But only buzz-worthy celebrities. Honestly, who all extra tunes in for Oprah than those that already watch Oprah?

Thanks, man! haha if real celebrities actually played pokemon they'd all come flocking to me. Aparantly one of the actors for ghostbusters plays or did play at one time. From time to time i might get input from some of my area "pokestars" like Pooka or Chuck, though! We'll see how it rolls!

So the first episode is gonna be "starter decks" on sunday and next thursday the first deck analysis is gonna be "gyrados". It's gonna be a blast!

Last edited:
So will it be on the starter deck from SF or will It be a how to play a Gyrados for starters?

no it's about the concept of starter decks in general over a course of 10 years and the importance of them (or lack therof). Thursday is an entirely different episode talking about the actual deck gyrados, not the theme deck

You should recommend some Starter Decks for beginners.
P.S. When I was a little kid I bloody loved the base set-BS2 starter decks. Bloody loved em.

added subscription will watch this

Glad to hear it! if you like the show, spread it to all your pokefriends!

You should recommend some Starter Decks for beginners.
P.S. When I was a little kid I bloody loved the base set-BS2 starter decks. Bloody loved em.

At the very end I recommend what I think are the two best starter decks around.

I have an interesting relationship with the starter deck lol. This episode encompasses a lot of the backstory toward how I got into the game and how I learned to play from picking up the rulebook. That being said, there's still a lot of fair critique along with senseless nitpicking for the sake of humor. The Sunday episodes are geared particularly toward newer players.

I've decided that while winning tournaments is a great deal of fun, I'm not the player that goes home upset if i play poorly. Despite the fair share of complaints we can all dish out at POP, ultimately we've got a sick gaming atmosphere with some pretty close nit friendships across states, and even countries. The goal is to spread that fanbase as far as I can while i deem the game to steal be in its "new peak", as well as getting some solid humorous discussion going. Video is a way that I think I can present the atmosphere of the game the best to up and coming players.

Just 3 days to go! I'm pretty durn exciting! This video is gonna be long!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back