Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Promos 5,6, and 7 coming to a tourney near you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMScizor

Being a TO I just recieved this email from Tournaments @ POP:

Effective immediately, all North American Pokémon TCG tournaments held after 6/11/04 will receive prize support. The promo card for June will be Mudkip (005), followed by Torchic (006) in July and Treecko (007) in August. This is the first time that these cards have been released in North America, though they were released as tournament prize support internationally in December of 2003. After Worlds, we will be revising the prize support structure all of our programs. Look for details on these changes as we draw closer to Worlds.

Only tournaments that have been sanctioned at least fourteen days in advance will be eligible for prize support. In addition, failure to report the results of a tournament within fourteen days of the end of the event may result in the suspension of your Tournament Organizer status.

Thank you for your continued support and dedication,
Pokemon Organized Play

Finally we get to fill the big gaps in our collections!

Last edited:
Wait......don't stop now. We need another set of the three starters! Come on christmas present!

Silver Chaos said:
Haven't we seen enough of those three....? They so far have 4 different types of those guys...
There is going to be another set of those three Pokémon.
That Kids WB Create a Card Contest will have a 5 card promo booster which will include Mudkip, Torchic, and Treecko, as well as Wurmple and Pikachu.
I don't know if they had picked winners for that contest yet and when they will be releasing those packs.

:D

Last edited:
That is great news just when we are told 007 doesn't exist despite it being sold on ebay and just when our OP provider tells us it's not even something they can order!

I am glad the US is getting the promo's.. I am sad yet again the UK now will lag behind or not see them at all... BUT I am really mad that already the eBay sellers have been contacting us to buy them in bulk.

It truely does seem that outside the US PUI don't care, I am just glad so many of you have donated material to us that have kept our leagues alive despite the best non-effort of PUI and the UK distributors.

Glad you're finally getting them guys and gals and I hope we see 007 soon too ...

Last edited:
renneboy said:
will ontario have any of these tournments and if so where will they be held?

These are just normal tournaments that any tournament organizer can sanction with POP. So any league in North America can apply for those as prize support. I know we'll be having some here in Barrie.

Don't worry, UK, when they come out, we'll be sure to trade our winning participants for some for you.

Oak said:
It doesn't say if these cards will have a "winner" stamp or a "pokeball" stamp.

They are identified as the numbers 005, 006 & 007, so it would stand to reason that they will be identical to others with the same numbers (which have the pokeball stamping) :).

NMScizor said:
Effective immediately, all North American Pokémon TCG tournaments held after 6/11/04 will receive prize support.

I suppose this should more correctly have stated - "tournaments sanctioned after 6/11/04 - since to receive the prize support you must apply for a sanctioned tourney at least two weeks out! ;)

Last edited:
procrastination_alley said:
These are just normal tournaments that any tournament organizer can sanction with POP. So any league in North America can apply for those as prize support. I know we'll be having some here in Barrie.

Don't worry, UK, when they come out, we'll be sure to trade our winning participants for some for you.

good because i am going to Mississauga for the summer so i will be able to get them.

wow how stupid, and I just traded way tooooo much for Torchic and Mudkip, I guess I can say mine are from the UK or something :( sucks but oh well

Mudkip said:
wow how stupid, and I just traded way tooooo much for Torchic and Mudkip, I guess I can say mine are from the UK or something :( sucks but oh well

As is often the case, what was once valuable becomes common.

The cards that come to USA usually have a pokeball and a winner stamp, the UK ones have only a large pokeball stamp. Is this going to be the case?

I see your point, oak - the Winner/non-winner promos have (up until now) been given out only at Leagues (awarded based upon a predetermined criteria which is documented in the League instructions).

These new (to North America) promos are specifically meant as tournament prizes (both overseas and now in N.A.), and as such fill a previously-unmet need for the non-premiere sanctioned events.

HTH!

Sorry for dredging up an old topic, but has anyone gotten these late for the tournament they were supposed to be sent for? We should have got them before Saturday's tournament, but they still aren't in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back