Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Provo, Utah 1st place report (Seniors)

Rikku11

So this is my 3rd cities now.. I would of made reports for them all but i forgot who i played.. whoops.. but i got 1st place at the 1st one with Gyrados and i got 3rd place at the 2nd one with Flygon. And now this is my 3rd cities. I wanted to play Luxray GL Garchomp C but i couldnt get the luxrays, so i decided to build Dialga G Palkia G (legos) right before the tournement started.. I got my list in with 5 minutes to spare.

R1

Noel C. w/Blaziken FB Blaziken
I start with Dialga and get downer Material in Play fast so she coundnt attack with any attacks with the FB almost the whole game besides luring flame. I took 3 prizes with dialga poketurned it then took the other 3 with palkia. Practically locked the whole game.
GG

1-0

R2

Morgan B. w/Shuppet Donk
This is practically an ato win for my deck. I Deafon for most the game then just take my prizes 1 by 1.
GG

2-0

R3

Maria w/Arceus
Again this is practically an auto win for my deck. I use deafon until i can use Remove lost. Then i just did remove lost the rest of the game and flash bites to take my 6 prizes.
GG

3-0

R4
Jake J. w/Regigigas
I was really nervous about this game because i had no experience whatsoever playing against it. I get a Palkia G start and have 2 power sparys and one roseannes in my hand. I go second. He starts with unown G Calls and I draw a power Spray.. Wierd i already have all 3. I get mesprit and uxie with roseannes and use both powers.. i call for a azelf downer material and dialga, He doesnt use ,much. Just attach's and ends. I dont draw a supporter for the next 6 turns and we both are just setting up really slow.. He would attack my dialga lv x and id use poketurn on it every time then just send up palkia x and visa virsa.. He gave me 2 prizes with his sacrifices and i had 1 prize left just from like hydro shoting bench and 2 regi knock outs and he has 5 left then time is called. he ends and i win. He only got to attack about 4 times the whole game cause downer material power sprays and mesprits.. At the begining i used all the 3 power spays in 1 turn to Spray 2 binds and 1 sacrifice. It really threw him off guard. But anyway I ended up winning.
GG

Top 2

So Im VS the Regi

I was setting up then he comes down and asks me if he should scoop so he can go play warhammer.. I said its up to you. Then he decide to do it. So i won. But the bad thing is the warhammer people started without him so he scooped for nothing, Sorry Jake. I pull a 4th Gengar lv.x and a %th Arceus Double body lv. x.. Then later we all went to in in out burger to eat.. WOW havent been there forever it was so good!

Props-
Putting in Azelf downer material last second!
Winning 2 out of 3
My little cousin Kyle placing 3rd
My older cousin Karl Winning 3 cities in a row and going undefeated at all of them!!!
In and Out Burger!!
Getting these tiki guys from Jake.. Thanks Jake
Playing IShoot on my Ipod with alot of People

Slops-
Jake making the mistake of scooping
Too many people at In and Out Burger
Pulling To many Gengar lv x but i dont mind the Arceus

Last edited:
Good job Brandon. Regigigas was made hoping there was no SP decks to power spray unfortunately, that slows Regi too much that all he becomes is a HIGH HP punching bag. Jake knew he wouldn't win you in top cuts and instead of a long drawn out beat down he decided to scoop. I wish he hadn't but he knew he wouldn't win

Good job Brandon. Wish I was there to play you. You are also lucky to have In and Out Burger over there! :)

Doug- Im not sure if i could have beet him in top cuts because i really did get lucky R4. I Drew in to 3 power sprays early game and that saved my but. Then top decked a cyruses when i needed it most.

Aaron- Thanks.. And hahaIn and out just barley opened up

ya, like I said I wished he would of played, but he was convinced at league that any SP deck would beat him and when you beat him in round 4 I think it psyked him out.

Last edited:
Yo, Congrats!

I was totally there, but I'm just coming back to the game so I didn't do so hot : P We didn't play though.

Back