Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

PSP dead?

trunks60031

Did anyone notice that there was this huge hype and push for sony's PSP, and then all of a sudden nothing really came of it after the initial release (game wise). I understand the system is still new, but nothings developing for it. I wonder if it just got to a slow start, does anyone else feel this way? I mean I'm pretty bummed about it.

trunks60031 said:
Did anyone notice that there was this huge hype and push for sony's PSP, and then all of a sudden nothing really came of it after the initial release (game wise). I understand the system is still new, but nothings developing for it. I wonder if it just got to a slow start, does anyone else feel this way? I mean I'm pretty bummed about it.

well that happened for both DS and PSP, actually. give it some time, games will start to pick up for both. developers need to have time to learn the new hardware and it's limits before they can get anything out. remember, on average a large game takes about 1-2 years to develop.

UMD is actually picking up, which is nice to see. a lot of new thigns are coming out for both DVD and UMD.

newswise for the PSP, Japan just got (or is about to) firmware version 2.0, which adds, among other things I dont recall right now, an official internet browser. and they have a white (*cough iPod cough*) PSP soon to be released too.

Last edited:
I just see the growth of the PSP, Ds, and any other handheld to be stunted with the PS3, X-box360, and the Revolution(Nintendos? sorry don't remember it exactly) being released. I think developers are going to focus more on that and less on handhelds, for now anyway.

why is that home? Last i checked, the DS hasn't had a good new game come out for a long time, it's the same on both systems...Hyped up a lot, launch, then a wait for the next big releases

PSP has Gran Turismo 4 in few months enough said. You can expect Jak, Ratchet, FFs, Tomb Raider and lots more.
And you can connect it to PS3 and download movies, mp3 and other stuff to your PSP.

It gets released on September 1st here in Europe and Im getting it for Xmas.

I agree, none of those systems are coming out with good games. Same thing with gamecube, but maybe nintendo has just stopped making good gamecube games cause they're waiting for the Revolution.

Last edited:
i already have psp and it came out on my birth day and i am very happy with it i cant wait for Viewtiful joe

and Final Fantasy Advent children movie will coming out. also i heard a rumor Kingdom hearts will be coming out on psp

Last edited:
As someone above already mentioned, when the DS came out there was a "dry spell" in which games weren't released for long periods of time. I feel that the PSP is just going through the same thing as well. They are also probably waiting for Christmas time to come since that is when sales are at their best. Pretty soon there will probably be so many games coming out that we won't be able to keep up with it.

There is an article stating that Sony is telling companies that make games that they are cutting production from 18 million to 12 million because of poor sales and Nintendo is producing over 20 million units. I also heard that in a video game mag they had an article saying that Microsoft may make handheld games for the DS and GBA. Its just a rumor but that would be cool to play Halo on the DS. The PSP is too pricy and the battery life is terrible. Why would you spend $20 for a movie for the PSP which has no extras when you could spend $10 for a DVD that has the movie and tons of extras. Another thing is the PSP has a long loading time. If two people (one with a DS and one with a PSP) put in a game at the same time the person that has the DS would be playing before the PSP. You know there not selling if McDonalds has to give them away. Nintendo is also going to be releasing Nintendogs soon. By the way one of the co-hosts on Attack Of The Show said that he was going to smash his PSP because he keeps having to buy more memory for it. I own a DS.

Last edited:
The King Of Magikarps said:
There is an article stating that Sony is telling companies that make games that they are cutting production from 18 million to 12 million because of poor sales and Nintendo is producing over 20 million units. I also heard that in a video game mag they had an article saying that Microsoft may make handheld games for the DS and GBA. Its just a rumor but that would be cool to play Halo on the DS. The PSP is too pricy and the battery life is terrible. Why would you spend $20 for a movie for the PSP which has no extras when you could spend $10 for a DVD that has the movie and tons of extras. Another thing is the PSP has a long loading time. If two people (one with a DS and one with a PSP) put in a game at the same time the person that has the DS would be playing before the PSP. You know there not selling if McDonalds has to give them away. Nintendo is also going to be releasing Nintendogs soon.
I agree, the loadtime is somewhat bad for PSP, but for the quality of the games, it's a lot better. I personally own a DS and PSP, and I enjoy the PSP a lot more. Also, the battery life goes around 6 hours, and I have an extra battery, so 12 hours isn't that horrible. And IMO Nintendogs doesn't look too good.

Jack in the box was giving ds away along time ago too so are many other companies and if u look at the other things Mcdonalds is giving away are ipods and those sell very well and alot of the other things they give away are other sony products

Last edited:
and? That means nothing karp, they could've easily just gotten a shipement of PSP's, and not gotten an order of DS's yet -_-

once again, they could easily be shipping more DS's in and not gotten the shipment in, or overstocked on PSP's for the time being..

Back