Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

PTCGO July Community Update

sdrawkcab

Forum Moderator
Greetings, Trainers!

This month's game update brought us one step closer to improving the game experience for new players. If you want to see the game through their eyes, head to the Options menu in the game and turn on the User Experience toggle. We've still got more work to do on that front, but it's a pretty good step toward expanding the number of players in the game.

For the veterans, we also expanded the Shop make select theme decks and 5-card boosters available for all of those Trainer Tokens. The community was clearly excited by this feature, as over 8 million Trainer Tokens redeemed in the first 3 days! Look for more items to appear in the Shop over the course of the year.

We've got two game updates scheduled for August. The first will occur on August 14th and will add the Black & White—Plasma Blast expansion to the game. The second is tentatively scheduled for August 28th and will include the following features:

* The online Modified format will rotate to match the official Play! Pokemon Modified format. More information on this change can be found here.
* New storyboard screens for the Trainer Challenge.
* New UI extended to the Deck Manager section.

I managed to convince Prof_Warrax to let me show off a couple of the comps we've received for the Deck Manager overhaul. None of them a final yet, but they're getting pretty close at this point.

The filters in the deck builder are getting a significant overhaul. Filtering options will dynamically update based on the card category selected, so you'll no longer see a bunch of Pokemon-specific filters when you're looking at Trainer cards. We'll also be creating collapsible groups for each expansion series, allowing for greater scalability as the number of expansions in the game grows. A similar process will be applied to attributes, such as Team Plasma or Foil, to offer more flexibility in adding new attributes.

My favorite of the new comps is the screen that shows every card in the deck. This new layout gives a much cleaner snapshot of the cards in your deck. We're also planning to add functionality which allows a player to tweak the quantity of each card in their deck without leaving this screen. Decide you want to use 1 less Float Stone and 1 more Pokemon Catcher? You can do that from this screen, rather than going back into the full editor!

We've got plenty more great comps floating around here at the office, but that's all I'm allowed to show your for now. Hopefully it gives you a taste of what we've got in store for you this month, as well as the direction that we're moving with the rest of the UI.

Well, that's all I've got for this month. If you’re going to be in Vancouver for the Pokémon World Championships in a couple weeks, make sure you swing by the info booth and say hi!

As always, thank you for your continued support!

Discuss this post here!

Prof _Mathis

View the original post (with screen shots of the new deck manager layout) HERE

Yeah, seriously, what happened to the tournaments we were supposed to have many MONTHS ago? They just quit even talking about it, it's kinda pissing me off.

tournaments will come when santa claus comes i believe(December).or at least before beta period ends.
on the other side,it would be best if they would perfect tournaments in time for worlds so that the final matches could be played online and streamed.it would be the best advertisement possible for the PTCGO.but those are just my wishes :D

I'm very curious because the screen with the deck that was shown was a direct copy of Sam Liggett's 3rd Place Gothitelle/Accelgor deck. Hopefully there will be a "Play against the Champions" feature like we just saw last year with the VCG. We'll see soon enough I think.

You also need to fix that glitch in Trainer Challenge where it automatically takes you to the last person in the league after you win (or switch decks).

New storyboard screens for the Trainer Challenge.
Looks like I may have jumped the gun on this one. Prof_Warrax just told me that this is for internal review, not public release (yet). Sorry for the misinformation.

posted later by Prof_Mathis

Back