Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pure Magnezone

Status
Not open for further replies.

beanie245

Hey everyone, i've been trying out a deck which is pure magnezone, so far its been good and won most matchups which it doesn't have a weakness to.

This deck would be magnezone, with nothing but tech cards to support it, i will give the decklist then go into detail with everything later.

Pokemon(21):

1x Magnezone LvX
3x Magnezone (stormfront with gyro ball)
2x Magneton (stormfront, steel type)
1x Magnemite (stormfront steel type)
2x Magnemite (stormfront electric type)
1x Jirachi (one desire)
2x Jirachi (rising rivals w/ detour)
2x Uxie (set up)
1x Uxie LvX
1x Azelf (Time walk)
1x Unknown G
2x Claydol
2x Baltoy

Trainers(25):

3x Roseannes Research
3x Warp Point
2x Felicity's Drawing
1x Premier Ball
1x Luxury Ball
3x Rare Candy
2x Volkners Philosophy
2x Broken Time Space
1x Time-Space Distortion
1x Cynthia's Feelings
4x Bebe's Search
2x Night Maintenance

Energy(14):

4x Special Metal Energy
5x Electric Energy
5x Basic Metal Energy

Now to start on the strategy:

You hope to start off with any of the jirachis so you can get set up straight away and if not you have to hope you can stall them out until you get the necessary cards which shouldn't be too hard seeing as you have 4 bebes, luxury balls, premier balls, roseannes, rare candies, broken time space etc.
Then when you have finally set up, which sometimes may take a while which is one of the few faults with this deck, you can basically start messing with your opponent.

I will not go into detail with all the obvious tech cards because i doubt you will want to read the same thing over and over again.

http://pokegym.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=41006&c=194
This thing is the heart of the deck, with a brilliant pokepower, which goes well with its lvX forms power and attack, and a very good attack.
The attack basically makes a hit and run strategy where it attacks and gives you the OPTION to retreat and forcing your opponent to switch tool, which in some cases will be very difficult, and 60 damage is very nice.
It's pokepower allows you to attack an energy from your discard pile to your pokemon, which works well with its LvX attack and also can give a pokemon a free retreat or kill a pokemon to get it sent out to attack with magnezone.
It's HP is still really good and can take a hit from dialgaG and it has a very nice resistance to metal.
Unfortunately its retreat cost isn't the best in the world, which is why i have put in warp point.

http://pokegym.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=35696&c=190
The LvX form is also brilliant, being able to use both pokepowers and both attacks, its own and its non lvX form
It gains an extra 20HP which is always a nice touch and a nice resistance to psychic.
A flaw to this is probably that it is now a steel type since a lot of things resist steel types, but its still ok.
Like i said earlier its Pokepower and attack works well with its normal form, meaning instead of it going to the active pokemon it can go anywhere you want it to. Allowing to move energies around can also help get rid of energies from almost dead pokemon that are useless at that point.
Its attack is also just amazing, after discarding an electric and a steel energy (which you can retrieve next turn may i add) with only 2 energies needed you can do a whopping 80 damage AND paralyse the foe. Even if you don't wish to do this, remember that you can still use gyro ball instead. Warp point, switch and poke healer are about the only cards that can help paralysis that are playable.

http://pokegym.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=41053&c=194
I felt that this magneton was the best since its attack allows you to spread damages which could be essential if one of your opponents pokes are almost KOd or you can take out something like a claydol

http://pokegym.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=45535&c=205
This jirachi is in here because of its attack for 0 energy which is amazing right at the beginning of a game allowing you to use a supporter twice almost ensuring you have you're magnezone set up and its ability allows you to get any card when it gets knocked out, swift in rare occasions can be used since there are steel energies in the deck, and magnezone LvX can take the energy, it also has a free retreat cost meaning when something gets knocked out, you can send it in then retreat it if you need to.

http://pokegym.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=35679&c=190
This was used mainly for similar reasons to the other jirachi but you get any card you want even faster.

http://pokegym.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=35735&c=190
I wanted to use the LvX because its ability is underestimated and worth the switch in being able to choose one of your top 2 cards of your deck. Also if premier ball fails whilst searching for Magnezone LvX because its prized, you can just get this instead, making it not so obvious that it's prized to your opponent and it wasn't a wasted search. It's attack can also do 60 damage for 2 energies which in my opinion is always decent.

http://pokegym.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=35737&c=190
I would imagine this would be an obvious choice in case your magnezone lvX is prized or any other card you may need, not much else to say really, brilliant tech card for this deck.

http://pokegym.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=33251&c=166
This is basically another draw power card, which can go well with the deck since if you discard energy you can get it back with magnezone.

http://pokegym.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=31369&c=154
This card is essential since i can almost guarantee that the lvX and a magnezone will get knocked out, and it also build up your deck when it gets small late in the game. Thats why i play 2 to make sure you get at least one.

Like i said i'm not going to go into all the tech card details since i don't want to bore you with what you've seen a million times!

Anyway thank you for reading this, i'm open to all suggestions and i hope you can help me make it a top-notch deck! :thumb:

This time i posted a strategy too ¬¬

Last edited:
My tips would be:
-2 Lighting Energy
-2 Zone SF Gyro Ball
- 1-1 Uxie X
-1 Jirachi
-2 Broken Time Space
-1 Warp Point

+2 Magnezone PROMO (Hits harder and faster and works great with the single Gyroball Zone left in and is less suicidal as Special Metals don't work on Lightning types and Powers)
+ 1 Unown G (1 is to few, 2 is where it's safe with so many Powers)
+4 Call Energy (Helps a LOT with inconsistent starts which you are prone to.)
+2 Conductive Quarry (Why help your opponent if you can help yourself?)
+1 Rare Candy (You are going to need it)

As an extra Stadium you might want to consider is Conductive Quarry. It helps you move around Energy so it would help somewhat.

Quarry doesn't move Energy around, Stark Mountain does that. Conductive Quarry let's you retrieve an M or L Energy from the discard on a coin flip.

]
My tips would be:
-2 Lighting Energy
-2 Zone SF Gyro Ball
- 1-1 Uxie X
-1 Jirachi
-2 Broken Time Space
-1 Warp Point

+2 Magnezone PROMO (Hits harder and faster and works great with the single Gyroball Zone left in and is less suicidal as Special Metals don't work on Lightning types and Powers)
+ 1 Unown G (1 is to few, 2 is where it's safe with so many Powers)
+4 Call Energy (Helps a LOT with inconsistent starts which you are prone to.)
+2 Conductive Quarry (Why help your opponent if you can help yourself?)
+1 Rare Candy (You are going to need it)

erm....i like your ideas
but

I've tried all other magnezone and they just don't seem to work, and i'd prefer to make sure i have the right magnezone. Also i don't think discarding an electric and a metal after having to put 4 energies attached to it. (btw can you confirm which one this is cause theres more than one)
I don't even need the unknown G to be completely honest i just put it in there as a try out so i doubt i need 2
broken time space basically acts as another rare candy, and can demolish my opponents stadium like stark mountain for example and i always have an energy in my hand, i also have night maintenance but i might try out the conductive quarry i did give it some thought, thanks for that!
Uxie LvX just seems to work, letting me draw an extra card a turn and it always works out which is nice just sitting there on the bench and its easy to level up with the warp point which is why i need 3 in case i lose one or two
Which Jirachi? lol
I don't really need call energy i thought about it but jirachi + bebes/roseannes is just as good as a call energy to me
And i can't get through with only 3 electric energies, its just insane, sorry it won't work..

Thank for that though because you've given me plenty of ideas to think about!

also...
As an extra Stadium you might want to consider is Conductive Quarry. It helps you move around Energy so it would help somewhat.

erm..even if that was its effect, even though its not, magnezone lvX does that

Last edited:
I'm a Magnezone player too, but my deck is a little bit different:

3-2-3-1 Magnezone LvX (DP - SF :lightning: - 2 SF#6, 1 SF#5)
1-0-1 Metagross LA (Allure Beldum)
1-1 Dialga G LvX
2-2 Claydol
1 Unown G
1 Azelf LA

4 Call Energy
4 SP :metal:
2 :metal:
4 :lightning:

4 Bebe's Search
4 Roseanne's Research
4 Rare Candy
3 Felicity's Drawing
2 Volkner's Philosophy
2 Night Maintenance
2 Warp Point
2 Night Pokémon Center (works REALLY well with Zone LvX)
2 Conductive Quarry
1 Premier Ball
1 Luxury Ball

I don't think I need to explain this, as you too play Magnezone. XD
I used to play Magnezone DP and Bronzong MT, but had to add Dialga G due to some Body issues around...

Last edited:
I'm a Magnezone player too, but my deck is a little bit different:

3-2-3-1 Magnezone LvX (DP - SF :lightning: - 2 SF#6, 1 SF#5)
1-0-1 Metagross LA (Allure Beldum)
1-1 Dialga G LvX
2-2 Claydol
1 Unown G
1 Azelf LA

4 Call Energy
4 SP :metal:
2 :metal:
4 :lightning:

4 Bebe's Search
4 Roseanne's Research
4 Rare Candy
3 Felicity's Drawing
2 Volkner's Philosophy
2 Night Maintenance
2 Warp Point
2 Night Pokémon Center (works REALLY well with Zone LvX)
2 Conductive Quarry
1 Premier Ball
1 Luxury Ball

I don't think I need to explain this, as you too play Magnezone. XD
I used to play Magnezone DP and Bronzong MT, but had to use Dialga G due to some Body issues around...

I really like the idea of dialga G LvX but the problem is why do i need it? what pokebodies are a threat to this particular deck, and why play it if not many people use decks with pokebodies because they fear dialga G LvX, Also i really don't want to waste a warp point because 2 retreat is a bit too much and its gonna sit there and take up a space on my bench
I have no idea why you play metagross, sorry i'm unlucky with coin flips, although i can always make things tails, i have a gift lol
Night pokemon center is a good idea but like i said before, bad luck
4 call energy is just unnecessary, i'm sorry to say, but i'll be sure to try out the dialga G lvX and see how it works out

Thank a billion!

Well, there's things like Glaceon LvX around here. Seeing there's only 2 Dialga G's in my area, people are playing Bodies like crazy.
Metagross is my way of playing Palkia. XD
Instead of Restructure, I Magnetic Reversal whatever they have. Plus, Gross can hit really hard if you play it right.
2 retreat isn't that expensive. You have Super Connectivity, remember?
Call Energy helps me A LOT. I don't have starters, as you can see. Also, I often have Claydol by T2 or T3 because of it.

Hey, coin flips aren't that hard. You just have to be confident and there you are. =D

And... what happens if you start with Jirachi RR and no Supporters?

BTW, have you thought of Blissey PL? Heals and discards energies for Super Connectivity. How good is that? =D

You sure have tried the Metal Magnezone Promo? This one to be exact. It does have more HP and only 2 Retreat as opposed to the 4 that the other might have.

I assume not because you say it doesn't work. I beg to differ if you have because I have done very well with it in tournaments. With the changes I advised, you should have a very consistent Magnezone.

And about Dialga G LV.X, I played 2 in my 'Café Zone' deck and had fun and good times using it since Apharos PL and Giratina LV.X tend to have VERY ANNOYING poke-bodies. Anything else that gets cancelled is just another pro for you and another con for your opponent's matchup.

Please understand that most people that advice things know where they are coming from.

And how about you get rid of the other 2 and add a 1-1 Dialga G LV.X line with the rest of the tips I wrote? That should be very useful. If you can find room, add Level Max. It's a very rewarding trainer when teching a LV.X.

My suggestion is to opt for 1-0-1 Nidoqueen to heal the Damage Counter being placed! If you go with 1 DP Zone you get the Free retreat so no worries if Queen is brought out!

GL!

Fish

If you could provide some more in depth information on this deck, it would be interesting for the Archetypes section as a str8 attacking Zone list!

You sure have tried the Metal Magnezone Promo? This one to be exact. It does have more HP and only 2 Retreat as opposed to the 4 that the other might have.

I assume not because you say it doesn't work. I beg to differ if you have because I have done very well with it in tournaments. With the changes I advised, you should have a very consistent Magnezone.

And about Dialga G LV.X, I played 2 in my 'Café Zone' deck and had fun and good times using it since Apharos PL and Giratina LV.X tend to have VERY ANNOYING poke-bodies. Anything else that gets cancelled is just another pro for you and another con for your opponent's matchup.

Please understand that most people that advice things know where they are coming from.

And how about you get rid of the other 2 and add a 1-1 Dialga G LV.X line with the rest of the tips I wrote? That should be very useful. If you can find room, add Level Max. It's a very rewarding trainer when teching a LV.X.

erm...for the moment i see where you're coming from just over here no one uses pokebodies, but thanks for the tip i'll be sure to try it and giritina can actually help this deck
For the magnezone it has 3 and when you lvX either of them it will become 4, but i think that i'll try putting one in since the gyro ball one is kinda the heart of the deck
May i add without the other additions it got 3rd at nationals.
I will add another lv Max though, its just that i usually get tails with it

My suggestion is to opt for 1-0-1 Nidoqueen to heal the Damage Counter being placed! If you go with 1 DP Zone you get the Free retreat so no worries if Queen is brought out!
Also i haven't added nidoqueen because it usually doesnt make a difference, to me its just another thing i have to set up, and if i go against dialga palkia (which is common where i am) you have to lose a magnezone, a claydol, uxie LvX or nidoqueen

1-1 Palkia X works wonders in here if u use the DP Magnezone. I'd run 1 DP Magnezone to your 2 SF ones, and take out 2 Volkner's for the 1-1 Palkia X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back