Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Putting That Petal to the Metal: Super T-Tar's second Report

supertyranitar

Well, I ended up spending the night with The Nats champ after Anderson, SC. I had lost in top 4, freakin' Steelix ex. So, I went with Bobby and His mother to their hotel for the night, having the stuff for a new deck idea or two. So, after getting a nice dinner, me and Bobby M (Nats Champ, PenguinMaster), test like crazy until like 3. Then, we talk for an hour, and get to sleep.

Before anyone knows it, it's the next and big day, and I"m not exactly ready. As always though. Now, I get my deck sheet filled out, talk abunch, and wait for the big City to begin.

Round 1: Swampert/Lugia (Greg W.)
I felt bad in this game. I get set up really fast, building up a Scizor and just sorta clear through him, while he got much of nothing. So the game itself went pretty fast.

1-0

Round 2: Swampert/Lugia/Latias/Kyogre (Victor P.)
Sheesh, another one! Well, I get a relatively fast set up, but I see him build up a Lugia and a Latias*. So, I get a Steelix ex set up, with two metal and a Castform, and I believe retreat that Jirachi to get Steelix active, and KO the lugia. He hits me with Latias, but not for KO! So, I get a switch from my prizes, switch over to a Swampert, and hit for 80 and 20 to the Kyogre, next turn I take out the Kyogre, but he ends up taking out my Steelix. In the end, I'm able to take my last prize for game.

2-0

Round 3: Sceptile ex (Parth..)
This wasn't too hard of a match-up really. I really just got Steelix up there, and was able to dish out well against his Sceptiles, taking them out slowly, and then taking out a Likitung for game via Steel Charge.

3-0

Round 4: Vileplume d/Crobat ex (Eugene C.)
...I t2 him, starting with Mew ex, and he candys to a Vileplume. >.< I'M SORRY MAN!

4-0

Round 5: Flygon ex. (K C.)
Well, this game wasn't a bad one. I never did get a queen or Swampert out until late game, but I did manage to get fast Scizors out. So, I ended up losing, just couldn't survive long enough.

4-1

So, now I sort my deck simply because I already know I'll be in top. Soon, the top begins, me dropping down to third, and having to against Keith H. (Lawman).

Round 1: Dragonite/Gatr

Game 1: Well, I get pwnzored this game. I just couldn't set up at ALL, it was maddening. So, after going deep into the game, It finally ends, going into game two.

4-2

Game 2: I get a fast Scizor, and he gets practically nothin' out, save for a Dragonair. >.<

5-2

Game 3: This ends up going to Sudden Death, him trying to get more stuff up other then a Gatr d, and me just trying to build up. He gets a Dragonote d out, and I have my Scizor up. So, it turns into this Agility stall, and he lands one hands. So, I steel wing. Next turn, he gets a tails. So, I Cross-Cut, having Swampert ready to go if he ever retreated. He flips heads next turn, so I steel wing. Finally, he flips tails for game, so I just end it via Scizor. GG's dude!

6-2

Round 2/Finals: Flygon/Jolt ex (K C.)

Game 1: In this game, it was really close. We both set up, both trying to get at each other like there's no tomorrow. However, thanks to a Claw Fossil, I'm able to use Steelix to pull this game out and win.

7-2

Game 2: I started with Mew ex, and she mentored out for a Latios ex, Latias d, and Trapinch with a Chimecho out. I play a Castform to Mew after having an energy on it, and just use Ice Barrier abunch of times. She gets a Flygon out, but Ice barrier and lack of energy get her, and I'm able to take t his game.

8-2

GG's K.

And with that folks, the winning report. I end up winning, and just pigging out on Pizza, and talked with Bobby and his mom, as well as just sorta hung out, even though it was very late.

Props:
Matt taking 3 Cities
Bobby winning Anderson
Seeing everyone again.
K doing well
The awesome Pizza
Many, many other things.

Slops:
TJ going 1-3 (RIPOFF!!!)
Bobby not making top 2, NOT FAIR!!!
That's about it. And with that, the report is done.:biggrin:

WTG little man! Glad to hear you liked the pizza too! What's with the names that start with G????? Garner Greeneville SC...lets break that and take FT mill too- K?

Well done, Mike. Someone's gotta stop your streak, though....you guys have any room in the van for that trip down to Fort Mills?

Mike great report and congrats on the win. That third game against Keith was one of the best I have seen in single elim in cities so far.

GJ man you def. deserved it.

haha woohoo for me forgetting that latios/latias doesn't work on ex's! haha. oh well. GG it was totally fun and I hope you do really well in Fort Mill.

-K

Im_me: Eh, what can I say, curiousity kill-Or in this case, won the medal. Seriously though, thanks man. =D
Ncpicachufan: The pizza was like it was made by The Mighty Lord himself. And tell me about it, it makes no sense to me.
Dendrobatida: Lol, yeah, I know someone's gotta stop it sooner or later. >.<
Feraligatr: ...I swear, I was sweating in that game.
Moza: I guess you could say that, and thanks.
Homeofmew: I MUST GET ONE OF THOSE!!! *Bangs head on desk*
Special K: Thanks! Yeah, I know how ya feel on one of those mistakes, Believe me...windstorming a Magneton while a Crystal Beach is in play =Not the best play ever. This was in a t2 game in Cary.
Spaz: Eh, that's still good though IMO, better then nothin' right? And thanks man. =)

T4 match was a great time. I kept waiting for you to storm back in game 1, but you could never quite climb that hill. My deck went flat in game 2, so off the a GREAT game 3 and SD! Enjoyed all 1 hr and what 20 mins of FREE SD Pokemon! See you and your family again in the near future. In Sevierville, you at least wont have to face me :)

Keith

Back