Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

PWT Champions

Fox_Master51

Has anyone beaten the PWT Champions Tournament? If so I'd like to know what Pokemon you used, what moves they had, as well as what Items they held. If you can. It's just to give me ideas for my Champions Tournament. I never seem to get very far except for one time.

Anything helps. Thanks in advance.

Lets see I have beaten all of them I used basically
Latios
Choice Scarf
Draco Meteor
Dragon Pulse
Thunder Bolt

T-Tar
Focus Sash
SuperPower
Rock Slide
Protect
Crunch

Garchomp
Bright Powder
Earthquake
Subsitute
Protect

and

Rotom-Wash Form
Leftovers
Hydro pump
Hidden Power (Grass
Protect
Thunder Bolt

just A little FYI Each of my pokemon were EVd Trained (don't know if you know about it) so and plus it took me a while to Beat them.. I have to admit it was pretty Hard To beat the Jrs. Teams. Srs and Masters only took 1 time. But Also the team picked are random on the CPU side and they did not have the right set up. Just something to think about

Hope this Helps for you

Clarification!

I am referring to the in-game Single Battle Champions Tournament. As in Cynthia, Blue, Steven, etc.

Most of my pokemon are effort trained. But most of the time I can't get past the first round. I use the Battle Box. Let me give you a rundown of my Pokemon.

Conkeldurr
Item: Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Moves:
Mach Punch
Drain Punch
Facade
Rock Slide

Scizor
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Moves:
Bullet Punch
U-turn
Aerial Ace
Rock Smash

Slaking
Item: Sitrus Berry
Ability: Truant
Moves:
Giga Impact
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Slack Off

Electivire
Item: Air Balloon
Ability: Motor Drive
Moves:
Wild Charge
Brick Break
Fire Punch
Earthquake

Haxorus *
Item: Expert Belt
Ability: Mold Breaker
Moves:
Outrage
Brick Break
Dragon Dance
Earthquake

Milotic
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
Moves:
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Aqua Ring
Protect

I can tell you right now that in singles Durrant w/truant and Entrainment is amazing. Works well in both the Battle subway and PWT

I'd fit in a special sweeper, something like Slaking is really kinda unnecessary when you look at the other 4 physical Pokemon you're already using.

Generally I just use these 3 when trying to rake in quick BPs:

Starmie @ Life Orb
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Recover

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
-Stealth Rock
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip
-Gyro Ball

Garchomp @ Choice Band
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Fang
-Rock Slide

Is it the best 3s team? No, and they're pretty much ripped from my normal Singles (6vs6) team (as SR is kinda useless in 3vs3). But they're effective at what they do, Starmie and Garchomp can both cover and hit many Pokemon between them. Ferrothorn is nice to have as a sturdy defensive Pokemon I can switch to if I run into an unfavorable matchup and need something to go to rather than having another sweeper take a hit. 3-0s are pretty easy, they're not that hard really. Biggest thing to remember is that since they're all in-game champions, their teams can be diverse compared to the mono-typing (generally) for the Gym Leaders and other lower brackets. Something like Gengar is pretty evil to use as well, as it can usually take 2 Pokemon out with Sash and Destiny Bond, but then you lose a BP because of the need to sacrifice it.

For you OP, I'd Sash or give the Haxorus a Yache, makes it easier to get in a DD to sweep. Bring along Milotic and either Scizor or Electivire and give it a go out of the 6 Pokemon you listed.

The champions I am most afraid of are Cynthia, Lance and Alder. They both start with their strongest Pokemon: Garchomp, Dragonite and Volcarona respectively. Garchomp is just death in primary colors, Lance turned his Dragonite into a Speed demon somehow (no Choice Scarf) and if Volcarona gets a Quiver Dance in I'm pretty much roasted marshmallows.

I just need like a super fast or super bulky Pokemon that can learn Ice and Rock type moves.

Anyone?

---------- Post added 12/23/2012 at 10:03 AM ----------

ACTUALLY...

I think it's time to bring in Swampert. It has all the right moves for the job.

Swampert
Moves:
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Stone Edge
Earthquake

The champions I am most afraid of are Cynthia, Lance and Alder. They both start with their strongest Pokemon: Garchomp, Dragonite and Volcarona respectively. Garchomp is just death in primary colors, Lance turned his Dragonite into a Speed demon somehow (no Choice Scarf) and if Volcarona gets a Quiver Dance in I'm pretty much roasted marshmallows.

I just need like a super fast or super bulky Pokemon that can learn Ice and Rock type moves.

Anyone?

---------- Post added 12/23/2012 at 10:03 AM ----------

ACTUALLY...

I think it's time to bring in Swampert. It has all the right moves for the job.

Swampert
Moves:
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Not a bad idea, Swampert has the bulk to handle them. I'd opt for Waterfall over Hydro Pump though and Ice Punch over Ice Beam, unless you're running a mixed set (in which case make sure your Ice Beam is hitting hard enough to KO its targets, as bulky as Swampert is he gets worn down quickly with no reliable recovery option).

Swampert tested okay but still didn't last long. Some of my other Pokemon have slowly declined as well.

So I've opted for same major changes gettin rid of Slaking, Electivire, and Milotic.

Gyarados
Item: Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Moves:
Waterfall
Ice Fang
Stone Edge
Dragon Dance

Overall, I found Gyarados to be better than Swampert. It survives just a bit longer than Swampert but it makes a bit of difference.

Ninetales
Item: Grass Gem
Ability: Drought
Moves:
Heat Wave
SolarBeam
Roar
Grudge

My precious Ninetales. It's kind of a place holder right now, but it's proven useful (although VERY situational).

Sceptile
Item: Big Root
Ability: Overgrow
Moves:
Giga Drain
Drain Punch
ThunderPunch
Substitute

This guy is still in trial period. It won a match against Alder and Wallace, so that's something.

Speaking of; Wallace is another "wall" to climb over. He uses the same Pokemon every time and beats me almost every time.
He uses Milotic, Starmie, and Sharpedo. This has only changed once.

Swampert tested okay but still didn't last long. Some of my other Pokemon have slowly declined as well.

So I've opted for same major changes gettin rid of Slaking, Electivire, and Milotic.

Gyarados
Item: Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Moves:
Waterfall
Ice Fang
Stone Edge
Dragon Dance

Overall, I found Gyarados to be better than Swampert. It survives just a bit longer than Swampert but it makes a bit of difference.

Ninetales
Item: Grass Gem
Ability: Drought
Moves:
Heat Wave
SolarBeam
Roar
Grudge

My precious Ninetales. It's kind of a place holder right now, but it's proven useful (although VERY situational).

Sceptile
Item: Big Root
Ability: Overgrow
Moves:
Giga Drain
Drain Punch
ThunderPunch
Substitute

This guy is still in trial period. It won a match against Alder and Wallace, so that's something.

Speaking of; Wallace is another "wall" to climb over. He uses the same Pokemon every time and beats me almost every time.
He uses Milotic, Starmie, and Sharpedo. This has only changed once.

Assuming you are EV training everything, Sceptile isn't outspeeding and OHKOing Starmie and Sharpedo? I mean, he's faster and should have enough SpA to do it...even Ninetales should be able to dent Milotic with Solar Beam, and Gyarados should easily set up against Milotic (assuming he isn't getting lucky with Burns) to do a sweep against the rest.

Assuming you are EV training everything, Sceptile isn't outspeeding and OHKOing Starmie and Sharpedo? I mean, he's faster and should have enough SpA to do it...even Ninetales should be able to dent Milotic with Solar Beam, and Gyarados should easily set up against Milotic (assuming he isn't getting lucky with Burns) to do a sweep against the rest.

His Starmie knows Thunderbolt which destroys Gyarados, Signal Beam which dents Sceptile, and Sharpedo has Focus Sash with a well-placed Crunch to KO Sceptile.

Back