Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Question about how rating is calculated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zangoosed

Can anyone tell me how the ranking is calculated? Are the guidlines for this somewhere on the net? A link would be helpful from anyone. I just dont understand how I can finish 3rd in state chmps and my rating goes down??!??!?!?!?! I can understand how my rank could decrease, but not my rating.

CONFUSED! lol :)

Also, is there a place where you can see each individual tournament result for yourself. All I can find is the ranks on the pokemon-tcg site.

Thanks.

Last edited:
We use a system of ratings based on the works of Dr. Arpad Elo. (Typically labelled the ELO system.)

The general formula is:
ChangeInYourRating : 32(M-1/[1+10^((OppRating-YourRating)/400)])
M is the result of the match; if you win, M is 1; if you draw, M is 0.5; and if you lose, M is 0.

I'm not familiar with how the tournament results are displayed in the new system (just up today!)

General information:
Your rating could go down, based on who you lost to. (If they have a couple hundred points less than you, you lose more points than if they had an even rating.)
Your rating could go down, if a TO just uploaded results for an event you didn't do so well in.
There will be minor fluctations, where your opponent's tournaments just got uploaded, and those matches happened before your match against them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back