Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Question About Japanese Bandai Pokemon Coins...

Hatter™

as seen here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pokemon-Japan-Bandai-BRONZE-COIN-New-VESPIQUEN_W0QQitemZ290156135086QQihZ019QQcategoryZ1524QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i bought about a box of them today, are they legal coins that i could use for flipping?

ON A SIDE NOTE:
for all you electivire fans theres a gold electrivire coin!!!
coins:
Gold:
Palika
Diagla
Starraptor
Electrivire

Silver:
Riolu
Skuntank
Difblim
pacharisu
roserade
ambipom
budew
kricketot
bidoof
burmy
evo of burmy idk name
shieldon

Bronze:
Croagunk
Vespiqueen
Spiritomb

to answer your question: highly doubtful that they'll be tournament legal. POP doesn't usually like ANY metal coin

on another note:
it's a Stunky coin, not Skuntank (big skunk fan, had to look for & found it)
and Burmy's evolution is Mothim (males) or Wormadam (females) [didn't look for to see which]

I think the tournament rules, last time I read them (about 6 months ago), said something about coins made after Ruby and Sapphire are legal. I don't think these count since they're not made by the TCG. You can check the most current rules at go-pokemon.com, as I am not 100% on my memory.

Looks like this is the rule Mew* is referring to:

======================
14.5. Randomizers
• Any coin released with any Pokémon TCG product from EX Ruby &
Sapphire on should be considered fair and impartial.
======================

That looks to me like it says, 'judges, you should accept Ruby/Sapphire coins and later as tournament legal', but that doesn't really help you here.

It doesn't really discuss using coins other than official poke coins, or even types of materials, etc. It seems to me that since they don't specifically say that you have to use their coins, that implies that other coins are legal. Just IMHO.

You could post your question in the 'ask the masters' forum and see what they say there...

^ Thanks for finding it.

Well, people get away with using dice all of the time. I'd just use something like this at the league, no tournaments. People will get irritated by the heavy metal clanking and what if that projectile strikes an extremely rare card. <.<
>_> O_O *runs away!*

Back