Question about participating in overseas/other country events

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by Krucifier, Sep 10, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krucifier

    Krucifier New Member

    I just have a question and I would like to have it awnsered if it is not too much trouble.

    I am looking to go on a student exchange to Germany in 2008 or 2009. It looks like it could be anywhere from 3 to 12 months.

    Now I know that the rules state that you cannot participate in overseas/other country's premier events. But I would most likely be over there for the better part of a year. And have temporary citizenship or whatever that jazz is (I will cross the bridge with all that mumbo jumbo when I come to it).

    So would I be able to participate in German Premier Events if I was to be over there for the better part of a year and have temporary citizenship or whatever the jazz...

    Thanks for the help.
  2. Tego

    Tego New Member

    You would be able to participate in all Premier Events except for Nationals as far as I know.
  3. Krucifier

    Krucifier New Member

    If that is correct...

    I would have to do the only possible on paper thing and come in the T5 at worlds in 08...:lol:
  4. Jason

    Jason New Member

    Er Jared.

    I believe you would be allow to partipicate in the German Nationals as long as your on a Student Exchange program... I think as If i remember correctly, several other Europeans was on an exchange program playing in the UK Nationals last year but I am not too sure.. Can some other europeans check to see if I remember correctly? Thanks
  5. Rainbowgym

    Rainbowgym Active Member

    IN the past it was a rule that if you as Exchange Student lived for over 6 months in a certain country, you could join that Nationals.
    Don't know if that rule still exists.
  6. Gorilla

    Gorilla New Member

    No problem, I think . Pokemun is a fun, friendly and competitive game. Just like tennis, Roger Federex can play in Wimbledon, German Tennis tournaments, Shanghai Masters and many rookie Golf players can compete in all types of National golf tournaments in Europe , America, Africa, Japan and Asia. It;s a borderless sports or games as long as you have the time,energy ,commitment, skills aand resources. There's no stopping you . Carry on playing as long as you like and wherever you are . Some tennis and golf players play as many tournaments throughout the whole world as they can to earn enough ranking points to qualify for US MASTERS GOLF IN AUGUSTA, WIMBLEDON IN UK etc etc.

    As NIKE saying goes ' JUST DO IT " . IT's a fun , fair and friendly game like Golf and Tennis
  7. Zeckmear

    Zeckmear New Member

    You might want to learn German before you go. <- Just a tip of advice :smile:
  8. Jason

    Jason New Member

    Hey Zeckmear:
    He speaks alot of german. I heard him speak and write german on many places... so yeh, i can tell, he is SO good at german - a great A student :D
  9. b0n3z

    b0n3z New Member

    Hey Krucifier,
    all you need is a proof of residency.
    I know that for sure, because DaCo has residency in Austria although he is German and he plays Austrian Nationals every year.
    Let me know if you're going or not as soon as you know, I am from Germany.
  10. Poliwag92

    Poliwag92 New Member

    I got an invite from an 05 UK cities which got me into UK Nats. I did not play in it though.
  11. PSYCO829

    PSYCO829 New Member

    i asked this same question and either got ignored by the mods on ask the masters, or they dont know the answer
    i also sent an email to POP asking them the same question
    with any luck, i will hear from them soon
  12. Pablo

    Pablo New Member

    If you have proof of residency at the time of the event, you can opt to play in that countries National Championships, all the others (unless they are invite only) you can participate in freely. I went to 2 US Regionals and I have no residency or anything in the US.
  13. Black_jirachi

    Black_jirachi New Member

    I played 2 Sweden States this year, no problem.
    You will only have a problem getting into nationals without proof of recidensy or something
  14. PSYCO829

    PSYCO829 New Member

    so, if im stationed in a european country, can i enter their nats i wonder...
  15. MathAenya

    MathAenya New Member

    You can play only one nats, so if you choose to play in German Nats, you won't be able to play in US Nats.
    You just have to show proof of residency in Germany.
  16. NoPoke

    NoPoke Active Member

    Could be interesting ... aren't American Forces Overseas counted as still resident in the USA?
  17. PSYCO829

    PSYCO829 New Member

    normally yes
    but when stationed in europe, members of the USAF are required to apply for citizenship in that country from what i was told
    dont ask me why, i have no bloody idea
    hence why i was wondering
  18. flariados

    flariados New Member

    Krucifier come to the dutch events :p they are not far from Germany.
  19. Krucifier

    Krucifier New Member

    Thank you all for awnsering, so it looks like I have to prove residency. That should not be too hard. I hope. XD

    And yes Zackmear, I know alot of German and I am doing German as subject at school :p

    I will cross the bridge of all this fancy paperwork legalish residency stuff when I come to it. By the looks of it I could be going once the school year ends next year (December) until about Novemberish.

    Thanks a heap once again guys, and see all you German guys in a year or two =D
  20. Jason

    Jason New Member

    Kruc, i think you better be in the student exchange during your last year of being a Senior so you will have a higher chance of going to Worlds since from what I heard, the Masters are pretty much tougher in both Germany and Australia than these in Seniors...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page