Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Question about Rev Holo general condition

NoDice

So I just bought a full 100+BW base rev holo set off of ebay- and upon inspecting 30+ of them, they all either have straight up and down scratch patterns in the holo on one side, or some type of hand print or finger print smudging/condensation damage on them all over the picture side/holofoil.

Im just wondering if anyone can let me know what is the norm for card quality out of BW base packs? I have a few rev holos of my own that dont have the vertical scratches(printing or packaging issue) and definitely dont have the smudging.

Also, if the seller said "mint/near mint" that would generally exclude all physical scratches(clearly not factory made) and smudging right?

Thanks, and thats what i thought.

A better way to describe the smudging on the cards i got is a hand to window effect. When you put your hand on a glass window when its cold outside and it leaves that foggy hand print. Most of the cards, even if there are no scratches, have this on them.

40 out of 114 cards are mint/near mint it appears. The rest are not.

The thing is tried, its almost like its stained into it... or maybe condensation got in the plastic sleeves and warped the holo to look like that.

I have the same scratch problem with my FA Virizion. It's just a printing problem I think, less serious than something like a miscut but it happens. For me it was highly likely to be a factory issue, since it was straight out of the packaging. The smudges are probably a much more serious issue...

Pokemon cards often don't merit a 10 score once packged, sold, and opened; usually 8s or 9s

As for the smudges, you should put up some pictures. Considering the seller said M/NM and they likely aren't (even if it's not the seller's fault), that's still a problem.

Well the seller offered a partial refund of 30 out of $90 and i keep them all or I can send them all back for a full refund and he pays return postage as well- so I think Im going to send them back and just buy from a reputable site instead.

Back