Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Question re: Colosseum/GCN->GBA cable...

SD PokeMom

Mod Supervisor
Staff member
Question about the upcoming Pokémon Colosseum game for GCN and the bonus disc with the Ruby/Sapphire bug fix...

Will we need more than one of the GCN -> GBA cables?

Can each of my sons use their R/S carts and their GBA as a controller for Colosseum so they can battle each other using 'their' Pokémon? or is Colosseum a one-player only game? We also have the Game Boy Player, if that makes a difference...

The reason I'm asking is because of the coupon we recieved upon preordering at Target: the coupon is good for a free GCN->GBA cable. If we DON'T need more than one of these, I'm not going to bother buying one and just wait until the game comes out since it seems this coupon isn't good till then =/.

If we WILL need two of these things so both kids can play at once, I'll buy one now so we can patch all our R/S carts (3 of each!); it's getting very annoying playing my Sapphire with no berries growing and my 'trendy phrase' in Dewford being "serene bath" :nonono:

So, help please? Thanks in advance...

'mom

Heres what I know. The game is a multiplayer, but story mode is a one player only( and I think only one file :( ). So everyone to be playing with there pokemon Ru/Sa they will need a GBA/NGC cable for each game. And there Game Boy Player doesn't make difference.

I believe the game will actually work without multiple GCNGBA link cables. Its like Stadium where you regester each team and then you can use the GCN controllers to comand moves by your memory. I can't confirm this information though.

I believe both may be right... They will prolly allow you to save teams onto the mem card, but you can also just link up x# of GBA's to play as well..... If you still have the coupon I would suggest getting it anyways, just incase.... Worst case you have a back up, but I am sure it will prove usefull from time to time...

Hi I have nintendo power mag so it has alot about pokemon, as far as i know you can use regular controllers to play with your teams on it, the game boy player MIGHT be able to play or upload your teams i dont know for sure as for being a one player game im not sure but i think it is more than a one player game i dont know if you have to use different memory cards like in pokemon channel. But you can go to www.pokemon-games.com or www.nintendo.com to get info. if you have any more questions just ask cuz i got nintendo power.

OK. The GBP will do nothing for you, and if it works the way the japanesse one does, you should be fine with just one cable... but, if you have a cupon for a free one, you might as well use it, just in case.

BTW - If you're in the market for GCN>GBA cables, Buy them from a little company called intec. They work just as well and they're half price, and come in many awesome colours.

Back