Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Questions about special energys

xgearsx

k 2 diffrent situations here.

1) If I have a boost energy on blissy would it count as 3 energys adding 30 damage or would it just count as one energy adding 10 damage?

2)say I have a pokemon in play that has an attack that cost two energys and it says I have to discard one energy in order to use the attack and I have a double rainbow energy attached. would I just discard the double rainbow? or could I not even use the attack since I cant discard just one energy?

xgearsx,

1) Sometimes its the number of energy cards that matters and sometimes its the amount of energy provided by the cards that matters. Look for the phrase energy card to work out which it is. In Pokemon you will get used to having to consider what the card doesn't say as well as what it does say: Blissey doesn't specify 'card' so it has to be the amount of energy and not the number of cards.

2) Lets suppose that you have both a basic :fire: energy card and a DRE attached. The attack tells you to discard a :fire: energy.
You get to choose the energy card to discard. The DRE is always providing :fire: and hence you can choose it, you aren't forced to pick the basic energy card. You are not restricted in your choice of card to discard.

HTH

Back